How could Toho make Godzilla even "weirder"? What new directions might they go in after 2020?

For the discussion of Godzilla Resurgence and Toho films after 2015.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding - Shin Godzilla Spoilers, Leaked Content and Cam. Rip Content", linked below. Thank you!

http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... 40&t=25380
ManuJM1997
Interpol Agent

Re: How could Toho make Godzilla even "weirder"? What new directions might they go in after 2020?

Postby ManuJM1997 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:23 am

Easy

Let Junji Ito make it's own Godzilla short story, or even full on manga.
Resized Image

Freude, schöner Götterfunken
Tochter aus Elysium
Wir betreten feuertrunken
Himmlische, dein Heiligtum!
Deine Zauber binden wieder
Was die Mode streng geteilt
Alle Menschen werden Brüder
Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

imposterzilla
Yojimbo

Re: How could Toho make Godzilla even "weirder"? What new directions might they go in after 2020?

Postby imposterzilla » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:43 am

Legend, the dinosaurs weren't atomic powered. I'm saying a bit of a mixotrophic amphibious dinosaur that already is may be 10 or 15 meters tall. Then mutated further.

Grievous
G-Grasper

Postby Grievous » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:46 am

Oh...I know...

Let Hideo Kojima write a screenplay for a film...
Last edited by Grievous on Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Now that we're dead my dear...We can be together! Now that we're dead my dear...We can live forever!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:47 pm

Why not. I bet he'd relish the chance to write a Godzilla movie.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, of you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

tyrantgoji
Samurai

Postby tyrantgoji » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:58 pm

I honestly like the "Alien Godzilla " idea. it's a nice way to make him stand out from the rest, but they won't go through with it i'm sure.

Killswitch
JXSDF Technician

Postby Killswitch » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:27 am

I don't think Toho needs to make Godzilla "weirder". Shin was good for one movie IMO. I don't need to see that version again.

If you think about it, the 70's Showa versions of Godzilla were weird. His personality and intelligence is human-like. The scores for the movies were weird. You can actually make a weird Godzilla film without Godzilla himself being weird. Comes down to atmosphere, tone, which you can control visually and through score.

I grew up with all versions of Godzilla, so an Alternate Universe type Godzilla film is welcomed. The child and nerd in me would like to see a modern reboot of Mechagodzilla 74. Love that 74 design! If you really want Godzilla to look different, maybe use that spiky red chested unused concept design from Godzilla Final Wars?

If I were to go that direction, Godzilla would have to have more than his standard Atomic Breath. I would at Spiral Blasts and Nuclear Pulse.

_JNavs_
Interpol Agent

Postby _JNavs_ » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:46 am

It'd be interesting to see an amphibian textured Goji, crocodilian head, with a more salamander-ish tail, but keeping all the known aspects in tact, maybe emphasis on the keloid scars in certain spots
Didn't Shin Godzilla get stopped by Crest Toothpaste and Five Gum?

GojiDog
Yin-Yang Master

Postby GojiDog » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:31 pm

Well obviously Godzilla needs to go on Maury to see if he's really Minilla's dad because I personally have some doubts.

Seriously though, Shin Godzilla and the Anime Trilogy really went outside the box with Godzilla (for better or worse) and my pea brain can't imagine it getting any more out there than that while also staying true to the character.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see what they do.

tyrantgoji
Samurai

Postby tyrantgoji » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:32 pm

_JNavs_ wrote:It'd be interesting to see an amphibian textured Goji, crocodilian head, with a more salamander-ish tail, but keeping all the known aspects in tact, maybe emphasis on the keloid scars in certain spots

someone the next page over said one of the earlier concepts for Godzilla 54 was in fact a more amphibian version, so it's been brought up before and it's not to out of the question.

_JNavs_
Interpol Agent

Postby _JNavs_ » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:45 pm

tyrantgoji wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:It'd be interesting to see an amphibian textured Goji, crocodilian head, with a more salamander-ish tail, but keeping all the known aspects in tact, maybe emphasis on the keloid scars in certain spots

someone the next page over said one of the earlier concepts for Godzilla 54 was in fact a more amphibian version, so it's been brought up before and it's not to out of the question.

Yeah if we're talking about the same version Nauts are making a figure based on that concept art, It's a great design, but I meant along the lines of a fishlike texture, similar to a Giant Salamander, no scales, more deep sea skin mixed with deep tissue keloid scars.
Didn't Shin Godzilla get stopped by Crest Toothpaste and Five Gum?

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:17 pm

GojiDog wrote:Well obviously Godzilla needs to go on Maury to see if he's really Minilla's dad because I personally have some doubts.

Seriously though, Shin Godzilla and the Anime Trilogy really went outside the box with Godzilla (for better or worse) and my pea brain can't imagine it getting any more out there than that while also staying true to the character.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see what they do.

Your first idea needs to be a priority for Toho :P
Yeah, I loved all the new takes but I can't imagine any new "scientific" takes without going too far. I suppose going spiritual or mystical would be a nice change of pace.
If the World of Godzilla and MV fails, then I guess I could go back to formula and watch the Holy Showa Era and Shin for the 176th time.
The world is very sexy, it's part of my collapse.

"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"I dont piss on broken ego's.....I poop them out MechaGoji Bro Seven Thousand Five Hundred and Three or Seventy Five Zero Three choose...." - goji89 (12/20/2018) aka god

Return to “"Shin" and Beyond (2016-Current)”