How could Toho make Godzilla even "weirder"? What new directions might they go in after 2020?

For the discussion of Godzilla Resurgence and Toho films after 2015.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding - Shin Godzilla Spoilers, Leaked Content and Cam. Rip Content", linked below. Thank you!

http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... 40&t=25380
Solia
Yojimbo

Re: How could Toho make Godzilla even "weirder"? What new directions might they go in after 2020?

Postby Solia » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:23 am

A Godzilla that is hybrid of pretty much every reptiles and sharks. Does that sound silly?
"Japan's filmmakers are really starting to perform a dick-waving contest as to who can make the weirdest and most untraditional Godzilla. First Anno turns him into the beef-jerky version of Hedorah and now Gen Urobuchi turns the character into his own incesteous lovechild with Biollante. I bet that next, we will have Godzilla get tuned into some sort of rogue A.I." - LegendZilla

Titanoterror98
Samurai

Re: How could Toho make Godzilla even "weirder"? What new directions might they go in after 2020?

Postby Titanoterror98 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:37 pm

Gerdzerl wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:Oh man I just had the dumbest but best idea ever.

I want a Godzilla salaryman comedy. Have him working in an office building with other kaiju, like a giant monster version of Aggretsuko.

I would watch the poop out that.

...You know what? skreeonk it, I'm turning that into a comic. That idea needs to see the light of day somehow.

Regarding Godzilla's shape being altered, I wonder if Toho would accept a Godzilla that has three fingers or five fingers. I remember that they stipulated that he has to have four fingers back in the '90s, when the first American film was still in production, but I'm not sure if they'd still be insistent on that nowadays.

Yyyyyyyyes, please! I've been dreaming of something like that for a while now! In fact, if I got the chance I'd love to post about it on here sometime.
"Kaiju are underrated."

Return to “"Shin" and Beyond (2016-Current)”