Your Hopes for World of Godzilla

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: Your Hopes for World of Godzilla

Post by BlankAccount »

-More crossovers.

-More new monsters.

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

I would like to see as much of the following as humanly possible:
  • A good mix of digital and pratical effects
    Compelling storylines that do right by the Godzilla canon
    New, refreshing monsters
    Bringing back old monsters in creative ways (the more obscure, the better)
    Good human characters
    Creative freedom and cooperation among the producers and directors
    Continuity along the lines of the Showa Era, where you do not need to watch every single film to understand what is going (unlike a certain, ultra-successful cinematic universe we won't talk about here)
    More spin-off kaiju movies where Godzilla is not the star attraction
    A good balance of fantastical elements and thematic storytelling such as vs. Biollante or GMK
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

G2000 wrote:
Dv-218 wrote:SNIP
>forgetting the holy trinity
Absolutely shameful
Oh crud, how could I :lol:

New York hobo+ 1984 hobo squad movie pls.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:Honestly I wouldn't mind starting the new movie and learning that both the 54 and 84 attacks happened.
You mean like having those films take place in this story or just events similar to those?
I would rather have them start a completely new story.
I personally feel every Toho film should mentioned that the 1954 attack happened. I also mentioned 84 because it was a solo film and a direct sequel as well so it could continue the trend.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

I’d love to see team ups again. Godzilla and Rodan, or Godzilla and Anguirus, would be pretty awesome in particular.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ Very much this. I hope they don't just stick to established traditions, though. I want to see some new and maybe unexpected teamups. And if Mothra and others are getting solo movies, ideally they could have some team-ups of their own.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Here's another one. Mothra Leo instead of Mothra.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:Honestly I wouldn't mind starting the new movie and learning that both the 54 and 84 attacks happened.
You mean like having those films take place in this story or just events similar to those?
I would rather have them start a completely new story.
I don't know. While I don't think they need to link it specifically to the '54 and/or '84 attacks, it would be nice if the series began with Godzilla and perhaps other monsters having been around for years and humanity learning to adapt to them. We've already had three "origin" stories for Godzilla in the past few years (G2014 and Shin, and to a lesser extent the opening of Planet of the Monsters), no need to do another.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

MrGoji1999
Monarch Researcher

Post by MrGoji1999 »

-Good films that have a consistent quality to them with very different styles for each film.
-More apperances for monsters like Anguirus, Orga or Varan.
-New monsters.
-New roars for classic kaijus.
-Good universe-building that dosen´t take much of the actual films, unlike the DCEU or Dark Universe.
-Compelling characters.
-And speaking of roars, this should be Godzilla´s new roar:

Just kidding on the last thing that I want lol :lol:
Now I have become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds- J. Robert Oppenheimer.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

-Anguirus would be used as often as he was in the late Showa.
-That they won’t shove Mothra and Ghidorah down our throats .
-A healthy dose of original monsters.
-Bagan would finally be given a chance.

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

-Focusing on making actually good individual films and worry about connecting them as they go. I.E. MCU and MonsterVerse

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Frankly, I hope that they use the scrapped kaiju. This is a new universe, so it would give them the chance for new faces as opposed to the old guard.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

My hopes for the World of Godzilla? For the MonsterVerse to continue parallel to it
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Do they have a start time for this. I assume the earliest the first film would come would be 2021 but.is it possible would could see the new Godzilla within the next year or 2?

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

Here's what I want:
1. Suitmation and miniatures, it's cheaper and looks better than most CGI and it brings back the old filmmaking style of Godzilla films which hasn't been seen since Final Wars.

2. A more traditional Godzilla, Shin and that other recent version from the trilogy we don't speak of were enough so I think it's time Toho returns Godzilla to simply being a giant radioactive reptile/dinosaur.

3. Zilla, Krystalak, Obsidius, Gezora, Gargantuas, etc. Lots of lesser known monsters would be awesome to see.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Hopefully they continue with quality CGI like in Shin, if they fall back on suitmation we'd be dealing with something similar to modern day Ultraman which is a husk of what it used to be imo, now it's just dudes in suits improvising the whole fight. But hey Toho are no pushovers when it comes to suitmation so it's definitely possible to release quality content. But it's also going to be 2021... For them it's likely time to focus on the future of animation and not the past
Zilla, Krystalak, Obsidius
Lmao I haven't heard this line up since Godzilla Unleashed came out back in 2007.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

_JNavs_ wrote:Hopefully they continue with quality CGI like in Shin, if they fall back on suitmation we'd be dealing with something similar to modern day Ultraman which is a husk of what it used to be imo, now it's just dudes in suits improvising the whole fight. But hey Toho are no pushovers when it comes to suitmation so it's definitely possible to release quality content. But it's also going to be 2021... For them it's likely time to focus on the future of animation and not the past
Lmao I haven't heard this line up since Godzilla Unleashed came out back in 2007.
I got a good laugh out of how you reacted to that post I made LOL.

In all honesty, it's sad for me to think suitmation is gonna possibly die and be replaced with CGI which in my opinion, usually becomes dated sooner than practical effects do.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

AllosaurHell wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Hopefully they continue with quality CGI like in Shin, if they fall back on suitmation we'd be dealing with something similar to modern day Ultraman which is a husk of what it used to be imo, now it's just dudes in suits improvising the whole fight. But hey Toho are no pushovers when it comes to suitmation so it's definitely possible to release quality content. But it's also going to be 2021... For them it's likely time to focus on the future of animation and not the past
I got a good laugh out of how you reacted to that post I made LOL.

In all honesty, it's sad for me to think suitmation is gonna possibly die and be replaced with CGI which in my opinion, usually becomes dated sooner than practical effects do.
Lol! Suitmation is still a great art, but it's definitely becoming obsolete as of recent. Shin and Legendary are perfect examples of how far we've come with computer generated imagery, overused CGI could definitely become dated very quickly, for example, Jurassic World imo does not look better than Jurassic Park. But a combination of practical effects and CGI usually creates perfection. Suitmation on the other hand is like a whole other monster (no pun intended)
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

We've gotten two caterpillar Mothras in prior movies, this time I'd like to see two adult Mothras in the same movie.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Vakanai wrote:We've gotten two caterpillar Mothras in prior movies, this time I'd like to see two adult Mothras in the same movie.
Well, we got two adult Mothras in Rebirth of Mothra; but I assume you mean two at the same time.
Last edited by eabaker on Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.