Your Hopes for World of Godzilla

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Your Hopes for World of Godzilla

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

LegendZilla wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:Toho continuing to evolve Godzilla is primarily a reason why the franchise has continued to evolve and survive. They would be dumb (especially post KOTM) to suddenly become regressive. Shin is all over the marketing in Japan, hes plastered on this 65th Anniversary merch I got. While I dont think we will get a Shin sequel, it seems likely we haven`t seen the last of the Shin design. I can forsee a new Godzilla that is very similar to Shin (similar long tail, body structure and beam) but maybe tone down some of the craziness and give it longer arms. I
Depends on how they evolve him. I mean, in the past I asked why you people are okay with changes made to the Godzilla with stuff like GMK and Shin, but not GINO. Some guy said that it's because GINO tried to re-imagine the character by taking things away, but Shin and what not did it by adding things new to the character. I know I'm a little overdue for a response, but here it is : addition is not automatically better than subtraction.
Definitely, but as a poster above me mentioned, Shin`s film isn`t that radically different structurally from previous entries in the franchise. A lot of Shin`s special abilities are superficial.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:Toho continuing to evolve Godzilla is primarily a reason why the franchise has continued to evolve and survive. They would be dumb (especially post KOTM) to suddenly become regressive. Shin is all over the marketing in Japan, hes plastered on this 65th Anniversary merch I got. While I dont think we will get a Shin sequel, it seems likely we haven`t seen the last of the Shin design. I can forsee a new Godzilla that is very similar to Shin (similar long tail, body structure and beam) but maybe tone down some of the craziness and give it longer arms. I
Depends on how they evolve him. I mean, in the past I asked why you people are okay with changes made to the Godzilla with stuff like GMK and Shin, but not GINO. Some guy said that it's because GINO tried to re-imagine the character by taking things away, but Shin and what not did it by adding things new to the character. I know I'm a little overdue for a response, but here it is : addition is not automatically better than subtraction.
Definitely, but as a poster above me mentioned, Shin's film isn't that radically different structurally from previous entries in the franchise. A lot of Shin`s special abilities are superficial.
One change I would not mind is if they made Godzilla only partially bipedal. Also, I will really love to see the character re-imagined as a synapsid.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I think a "final form" Godzilla should always stand upright. I was fine with Kamata-kun because he wasn`t final and was clearly trying to stand.

The issue becomes, height, We need Godzilla to at least tower over the buildings.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:I think a "final form" Godzilla should always stand upright. I was fine with Kamata-kun because he wasn`t final and was clearly trying to stand.

The issue becomes, height, We need Godzilla to at least tower over the buildings.
So as long as he’s able to stand upright at all.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

One thing's for sure, any new Godzilla will be slightly taller than the current Legendary Godzilla because Goji Measuring Contest :lol:
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

I just hope its not another hideous sludge monster.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

That Toho does the following
-takes risks as they did with Shin
-Focuses on making each movie as good as possible rather than having them set up the next one
-Taking their time to make the movie right instead of rushing it out in under a year
-Quality over quantity

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Personally, while i'm all open for new ideas and experiments, I want to see atleast one more movie from them where Godzilla (and other monsters if they are in) are actually treated as semi-characters with personalities and unique traits.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Here’s an idea, although it’s not necessarily a hope, but still something. I know you are likely to scoff at this, because it may sound a little campy at first, but what if Toho one day re-visited the idea of giving Godzilla a love interest? I am not saying they should resurrect the whole Bride of Godzilla scenario involving a giant synthetic female humanoid used to seduce Godzilla, it’s just that the idea of giving the character a love interest isn’t an innately campy idea in and of itself. In addition, many of us, as well as Toho over the years have toyed with the idea of a female member of Godzilla’s species falling in love with him, but over time that kinda gets boring after a while, so here’s my own pitch for a potential mate for Godzilla.

I am starting to think that it will be more interesting if Godzilla’s mate was not the same species as him, kinda like Komodithrax from Godzilla : The Series. Maybe this time around, Toho could look to outer space for Godzilla finding love and create a female Space Kaiju? Initially upon crashing on Earth she causes havoc, eventually crossing paths with Godzilla to fight him at first, only to eventually fall in love with him? At the end of the day it all comes down to overall execution and how much you people are willing to suspend your disbelief. For those of you who are cool with the idea, what should such a creature be like? What will she look like and what other attributes will she have?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

They finally make Godzilla vs Redmoon, but now Godzilla plows Erabus after he kills her mate.
Last edited by Ivo-goji on Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Ivo-goji wrote:They finally make Godzilla vs Redmoon, but now Godzilla plows Erabus after he kills her mate.
Now that you say it, my pitch for a Kaiju is basically a revamped version of Erabus.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Ivo-goji wrote:They finally make Godzilla vs Redmoon, but now Godzilla plows Erabus after he kills her mate.
Go go Godzilla?
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

xolta
GPN Volunteer

Post by xolta »

I want bagan to be the fineal boss like thanos.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

LegendZilla wrote:Here’s an idea, although it’s not necessarily a hope, but still something. I know you are likely to scoff at this, because it may sound a little campy at first, but what if Toho one day re-visited the idea of giving Godzilla a love interest? I am not saying they should resurrect the whole Bride of Godzilla scenario involving a giant synthetic female humanoid used to seduce Godzilla, it’s just that the idea of giving the character a love interest isn’t an innately campy idea in and of itself. In addition, many of us, as well as Toho over the years have toyed with the idea of a female member of Godzilla’s species falling in love with him, but over time that kinda gets boring after a while, so here’s my own pitch for a potential mate for Godzilla.

I am starting to think that it will be more interesting if Godzilla’s mate was not the same species as him, kinda like Komodithrax from Godzilla : The Series. Maybe this time around, Toho could look to outer space for Godzilla finding love and create a female Space Kaiju? Initially upon crashing on Earth she causes havoc, eventually crossing paths with Godzilla to fight him at first, only to eventually fall in love with him? At the end of the day it all comes down to overall execution and how much you people are willing to suspend your disbelief. For those of you who are cool with the idea, what should such a creature be like? What will she look like and what other attributes will she have?
Mothra. KoTM really sold me on the Goji Mothra ship.

Added in 1 minute 29 seconds:
...who/what the heck is Redmoon and/or Erabus?
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Vakanai wrote: Mothra. KoTM really sold me on the Goji Mothra ship.

oh boy, some people here are NOT gonna be happy that you said that :lol:

Added in 1 minute 29 seconds:
...who/what the heck is Redmoon and/or Erabus?
go to the cutting room section on the main site, it's there.
Last edited by Gigantis on Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Vakanai wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:Here’s an idea, although it’s not necessarily a hope, but still something. I know you are likely to scoff at this, because it may sound a little campy at first, but what if Toho one day re-visited the idea of giving Godzilla a love interest? I am not saying they should resurrect the whole Bride of Godzilla scenario involving a giant synthetic female humanoid used to seduce Godzilla, it’s just that the idea of giving the character a love interest isn’t an innately campy idea in and of itself. In addition, many of us, as well as Toho over the years have toyed with the idea of a female member of Godzilla’s species falling in love with him, but over time that kinda gets boring after a while, so here’s my own pitch for a potential mate for Godzilla.

I doubt Toho Godzillas ever have that on their mind. If they adopt anyone, they're better off as single dads. And they hardly ever have a close relationship with Mothra anyways, they're foes half the time and reluctant or normal allies in the rest. Not to mention Mothra isn't really Queen of The Monsters in any Toho movie.

MothZilla/MosuGoji should remain a Monsterverse exclusive due to how close Legendary Godzilla and Legendary Mothra are. And even then their actual relationship is vague and left to interpretation in a way that shippers and non-shippers can be happy (Could be symbiotic animal relationship, could be close friends and allies, could be a "thing"). Some of us love this ship (I sure do), others are free to hate it.

I personally think if Toho makes more Godzilla and doesn't make a cinematic universe, they could either try different Godzillas with different persnalities like the Millenium series. Or they could stick with one Godzilla and develop him for some time before moving onto the next like Showa and Heisei. Hero, anti-hero, animal, villain, Godzilla can fit all roles if it's done right, the story has to be good though. Also preferably at least some real monster action would be nice. Even Gojira and Shin had some good Godzilla vs Military fights to keep us entertained unlike the Anime movies which were painfully subpar and boring.
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

GuardianGhido wrote:
Vakanai wrote:

I doubt Toho Godzillas ever have that on their mind. If they adopt anyone, they're better off as single dads. And they hardly ever have a close relationship with Mothra anyways, they're foes half the time and reluctant or normal allies in the rest. Not to mention Mothra isn't really Queen of The Monsters in any Toho movie.

MothZilla/MosuGoji should remain a Monsterverse exclusive due to how close Legendary Godzilla and Legendary Mothra are. And even then their actual relationship is vague and left to interpretation in a way that shippers and non-shippers can be happy (Could be symbiotic animal relationship, could be close friends and allies, could be a "thing"). Some of us love this ship (I sure do), others are free to hate it.

I personally think if Toho makes more Godzilla and doesn't make a cinematic universe, they could either try different Godzillas with different persnalities like the Millenium series. Or they could stick with one Godzilla and develop him for some time before moving onto the next like Showa and Heisei. Hero, anti-hero, animal, villain, Godzilla can fit all roles if it's done right, the story has to be good though. Also preferably at least some real monster action would be nice. Even Gojira and Shin had some good Godzilla vs Military fights to keep us entertained unlike the Anime movies which were painfully subpar and boring.
Just so you know I have created a separate thread for the whole idea of shipping Godzilla. It’s in the General Toho films sub forum.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

GuardianGhido wrote:
Vakanai wrote:

...you know that was in half-jest right? Monster on monster romance isn't what I come to these movies for, and obviously the two couldn't mate.

That said I wouldn't want Godzilla to have a son through adoption yet again. If there's going to be another Godzilla Jr. they'd better bring in another Godzilla for our Godzilla to partner up with.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

As popular as Shin was Toho should distance form that design unless were going no more monster fights with solo films or MMPR levels of beam wars(yes the mmpr beam wars would make you beg for Heisei style fights).

Shin works in a solo film but even after watching him fight the EVAs he doesn't work in a series where he needs to fight other monsters. Maybe this will change after he fights Shin Ghidorah.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

miguelnuva wrote:but even after watching him fight the EVAs
...where can I watch this? I haven't checked in a while, I thought that Godzilla vs Evangelion thing was just a promotional thing with a bit of merch to help Shin even more in the advertising department? Did they actually go ahead and make something out of all that?