Your Hopes for World of Godzilla

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Re: Your Hopes for World of Godzilla

Post by mikelcho »

I'd like to see consistent continuity (correct monster sizes, the overall story line) which the Showa series didn't have, but the Heisei series did.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I hope they have a great marketing and brainstorming team, since supposedly it's not a cinematic universe like most people thought. Instead it's just a super plan to spead Godzilla characters all over, meaning eventually everyone will be a Godzilla normie, harharharhar ha.

For instance, KOTM is going to boost King Ghidorah's popularity, so focus on growing his presence. Not necessarily with a solo film, just more things related to him.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

eabaker wrote:
Vakanai wrote:We've gotten two caterpillar Mothras in prior movies, this time I'd like to see two adult Mothras in the same movie.
Well, we got two adult Mothras in Rebirth of Mothra; but I assume you mean two at the same time.
Yep, two at the same time. I think it was a waste we never got to see those two Mothra caterpillars from the Showa era grow up to adult Mothras. I think it could be fascinating taking the premise of two different Mothras from the Showa era and bringing it to the logical conclusion today.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Agreed on the two Mothras idea. They've got to start making new efforts to bring Mothra out of her traditional box, and this would be a great way to do something new with her. Also, if the two Mothras have difficult designs, Toho could sell twice as many toys. You reading that, Toho? Double the moth, double the MONEY. That makes this a good idea.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Vakanai wrote:
eabaker wrote:
Vakanai wrote:We've gotten two caterpillar Mothras in prior movies, this time I'd like to see two adult Mothras in the same movie.
Well, we got two adult Mothras in Rebirth of Mothra; but I assume you mean two at the same time.
Yep, two at the same time. I think it was a waste we never got to see those two Mothra caterpillars from the Showa era grow up to adult Mothras. I think it could be fascinating taking the premise of two different Mothras from the Showa era and bringing it to the logical conclusion today.
Would you imagine them as two totally separate characters that would act independently and maybe potentially disagree about courses of action, or would you imagine them as more of a shared consciousness?
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

1. TO add to the two Mothra's if they go they route please make one of them a new Leo.

2. My biggest hope after the latest comments is that this is actually a series of movies.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

eabaker wrote:
Vakanai wrote:
eabaker wrote:
Would you imagine them as two totally separate characters that would act independently and maybe potentially disagree about courses of action, or would you imagine them as more of a shared consciousness?
I doubt that they would ever disagree, but definitely as two separate individuals acting independently, kind of mimicking the twin fairies in a way. They would have separate designs so they would be easy to tell apart (maybe reuse the Leo design for one of them), and while I know Toho probably won't be able to resist killing one of them off and go back to just one Mothra, I'd hope the two Mothras would last at least a few movies.

I'd also bring back Battra as an occasional foe and ally for the two of them, maybe bring back the evil fairy sister from the RoM trilogy to act as Battra's fairy. Really build up the whole Mothra mythology here with the various past versions. So Showa's two Mothra caterpillars, only now bring them to adulthood, and Heisei's Battra and much of Rebirth's background and third fairy.

I was thinking one of the twin Mothras enemies could be Megaguirus. Actually my initial idea when I was toying with making it as a bit of fan fiction would have Megaguirus and her swarm show up and fight them while they're still caterpillars, then have them cocoon later, and while they're metamorphosis-ing have Battra protect them and ultimately sacrifice him-or-herself to give them enough time to emerge safely and defeat Megaguirus.

Later on I'd have them battle Gigan like in Final Wars again. And at some point team up with King Caesar since they're both guardian deities, possibly to fight against some version of King Ghidorah. I was pretty flush with story ideas at the time.
Last edited by Vakanai on Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tokumei
Yojimbo

Post by tokumei »

Sorry I can'T say this.
Last edited by tokumei on Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Post by Gotschiller »

tokumei wrote:Sorry I can'T say this.
So, Mr. Anno, what'S up with that Godzilla vs Evangelion?
Hi!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Holy shit.

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

UltramanGoji wrote:Holy shit.
What did I miss?
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

MikeSTZillak wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:Holy poop.
What did I miss?
Basically, it's a guy that "leaked" Shin and people believed he was Hideaki Anno himself. Might be missing a few details.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

MikeSTZillak wrote:
What did I miss?
Tokumei said something, I don't know what, and changed his mind and edited out his statement. Considering his track record with insider Shin Godzilla details before the movie, it could have been significant, but I don't know obviously since I don't know what he posted. Gotschiller seems to be trying to call him out or goad him, maybe I don't know. And for some reason UltramanGoji is taking about divine fecal matter. Maybe he saw what was or wasn't originally posted. I'm trying to figure out if this is the opening to a mystery or a fight.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Bouncing off the "two adult Mothras" idea, why not have one of the two adults, a more aggressive and proactive Mothra, become Battra?
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Vakanai wrote:
MikeSTZillak wrote:
What did I miss?
Tokumei said something, I don't know what, and changed his mind and edited out his statement. Considering his track record with insider Shin Godzilla details before the movie, it could have been significant, but I don't know obviously since I don't know what he posted. Gotschiller seems to be trying to call him out or goad him, maybe I don't know. And for some reason UltramanGoji is taking about divine fecal matter. Maybe he saw what was or wasn't originally posted. I'm trying to figure out if this is the opening to a mystery or a fight.
Oh no i didn’t see what it was, I just was surprised that tokumei decided to show up again. Sorry for any confusion! :lol:

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

Is he the "remember tadpole" guy?

Nevermind: looked at his past posts and he is!
Last edited by HeiseiGodzilla117 on Wed May 01, 2019 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

tokumei
Yojimbo

Post by tokumei »

Gotschiller wrote:
tokumei wrote:Sorry I can'T say this.
So, Mr. Anno, what'S up with that Godzilla vs Evangelion?
I am Anno

??
“never forget tadpole :godzilla:

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

tokumei wrote:I am Anno
You heard it here first folks

Seriously though it's nice to have you back
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:Bouncing off the "two adult Mothras" idea, why not have one of the two adults, a more aggressive and proactive Mothra, become Battra?
Because I always felt that the two were similar yet distinct species, plus it somewhat clashes with the Showa inspiration for the idea. I think it'd be much more interesting to have Battra be a sort of gray area sometimes foe sometimes friend of the Mothra twins. Plus this way you could have Mothra, Mothra Leo, and Battra all at the same time, which would be a pretty epic kaiju moment seeing all three team up. At least that's how I kinda want to picture it. It'd also provide a neat synergy or symmetry with the three fairy sisters ala Rebirth of Mothra, you could have each be responsible for one moth-like kaiju.

Of course there's the possibility I've spent way too much time thinking about it and feel a bit committed to the idea. :lol:

Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Post by Gotschiller »

tokumei wrote: I am Anno

??
Asking the real existential questions.

Just what you'd expect from the master Mr. Anno.
Hi!