Directors for the World of Godzilla

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Re: Directors for the World of Godzilla

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Yikes.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

LegendZilla wrote:^So any change to a fictional character, no matter how weird and off putting is perfectly acceptable as long if you don’t detract any existing core traits? For example, would it be just fine if you have Godzilla nipples or a his own credit-card as long as he still looked and acted as he should?
False equivalency. Those things were a little odd with Batman and attempting to apply them to Godzilla is just inane because the nature of his character is so different to Batman, you can't compare them like that.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

LegendZilla wrote:^So any change to a fictional character, no matter how weird and off putting is perfectly acceptable as long if you don’t detract any existing core traits? For example, would it be just fine if you have Godzilla nipples or a his own credit-card as long as he still looked and acted as he should?
Considering those examples are from a film meant to be a GOOFY KIDS FILM, you have no ground to stand. Anyway, this thread has been derailed into oblivion and you won't change your mind so I'm done with this little diversion

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

LegendZilla wrote:
KillCrites wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Like how they made Galactus a cloud in 2007. Seriously, why is everyone round here okay with whatever the hell creative minds in Japan do with the Godzilla character as long if it isn’t GINO?
Because Godzilla has always been an extremely flexible character and can be whatever the creators want in the context of the story.
Could you please explain why it did not work for Gino?
G98 is fine to me the movie just sucks.
Last edited by KillCrites on Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

Yes, why wouldn't it be? Let the filmmakers do whatever they want as long as that character is still recognizably and essentially, well, that character. I don't really see what's wrong with Godzilla having nipples or his own credit card. :?
Last edited by Gerdzerl on Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

:lol: What the skreeonk happened.

Anyway **replying to me own thread** im in the same boat hoping Kaneko gets to return in some capacity.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote::lol: What the skreeonk happened.

Anyway **replying to me own thread** im in the same boat hoping Kaneko gets to return in some capacity.
I would absolutely be okay with that.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Mamoru Hosoda, anyone?
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

SonOfGorgo wrote:Mamoru Hosoda, anyone?
Sorry for going off topic, but who's that character in your gifs?

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

LegendZilla wrote:
SonOfGorgo wrote:Mamoru Hosoda, anyone?
Sorry for going off topic, but who's that character in your gifs?
It's okay. No need to apologise to me. Just thought he might be suitable for a future animated Godzilla spinoff or so wing of that sort.

To answer your other question, Noodle from Gorillaz.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)