World of Godzilla : Appearance Speculation

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
LegendZilla
Sazer

World of Godzilla : Appearance Speculation

Post by LegendZilla »

Hey guys, I apologize for posting this subject in the wrong subsection of these forums the first time around, so here’s take 2 on this topic.

Ever since this decade began, we had threads designed for speculating the appearances of the Legendary, Shin and Monster Planet versions of Godzilla before their designs were officially unveiled. So why not continue the tradition and discuss what we think this new upcoming version of Godzilla that Toho has up their sleeves? I don’t have any ideas off the top of my head at this very moment, but I am open to your own interpretations if you have any. Feel free to let me know what you all think. ;)
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Re: World of Godzilla : Appearance Speculation

Post by KillCrites »

We don't really have much to go off of but I think since we'll be following this incarnation of Godzilla for years to come it'll probably be something more traditional compared to what we've seen in the last 2 incarnations.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I hope he has five eyes, two atomic machine guns, a jet pack, wolverine claws, clown feet, and a big skreeonking............. tail.

Like KillCrites said, we really don't have anything to go off of. With Shin and the Anime we had a basic idea, with one said to be a "living nightmare" and the other said to be straight up intimidating, respectively.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

Maybe the new design will utilize characteristics of a T-Rex. After all, Godzilla's design is a hodgepodge of characteristics of dinosaurs such as a Tyrannosaurus Rex, an Iguanodon, and a Stegosaurus.
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

I'd be fine if they go for a Millenium-like design, something like MireGoji or KiryuGoji; or something similar to the Legendary design or the anime one, both having a similar shape.

Personally, I would love to see Yuji Sakai's G2K being used outside of action figures and statues.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Maybe not exactly like Heisei, but probably a lot like Heisei. There seems to be a lot of love for that era's Godzilla, and Shin even kind of looked like him. Maybe a combination of some Shin details like a bit of the head shape or tail length mixed with more Heisei features.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Kaeyas
GPN Volunteer

Post by Kaeyas »

I imagine he will look mostly like Heisei with a few elements of G2k and Shin thrown in but I think a Godzilla 54' look but modernized would be really bada**. Be really cool if they did something similar to G84' as well as it's probably my favorite G look.
Dedicated To Darkness..

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

Destorogoji wrote:I'd be fine if they go for a Millenium-like design, something like MireGoji or KiryuGoji; or something similar to the Legendary design or the anime one, both having a similar shape.

Personally, I would love to see Yuji Sakai's G2K being used outside of action figures and statues.
I would love to see something like that! I'm also open to Kaeyas' idea of a modernized version of ShodaiGoji; a sort of "actionized" or more battle-ready look would be pretty cool, too.

I'm also open to them using something like Mahiro Maeda's (?) design for the Godzilla X Evangelion promotion. I just love how he feelse ferocious and flexible yet grandiose and powerful at the same time! It's like a great combination of Shodai, Hesei, Sokogeki, and ShinGoji (which just so happen to be some of my favourite Godzilla designs).
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

I'd like for the look to go more traditional, like the Heisei look if possible.
Last edited by GojiDog on Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

scottzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by scottzilla »

I think it's time for the Heisei look to come back.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

Whatever works best for the stories. What I'm personally hoping for is something Showa or Millennium-esque.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

GojiDog wrote:I'd like for the look to go more traditional, like the Heisei look if possible.
Agreed, something more traditional inspired from perhaps the early or late Showa years, or early Heisei. I like G2000 a lot, but after the giant-jagged-spines Millennium version was used so often in comics and video games, I can live with that look sitting out for a while longer.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

I would love to see an updated Showa design. Something like a mix of the 64 and 68 designs, if they went with that not only would it stand out from the newer designs, yet still be seen as Godzilla. It would work if they wanted to use Godzilla as the hero, villain or anti-hero.

Something like this:

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

No pls.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I'd just like him to go back to a very classic Toho look. I appreciate the deviation taken for Shin and the Anime trilogy, but I'd like to see a new variation.

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

GigaBowserG wrote:
GojiDog wrote:I'd like for the look to go more traditional, like the Heisei look if possible.
Agreed, something more traditional inspired from perhaps the early or late Showa years, or early Heisei. I like G2000 a lot, but after the giant-jagged-spines Millennium version was used so often in comics and video games, I can live with that look sitting out for a while longer.
Really? I always felt like the heisei and millennium designs have been used almost equally in proportion to each other in comics and video games. With the pipeworks games, we had both godzilla 2000 and Heisei in all three games, and the bandai Godzilla game does not have any millennium Godzillas. The dark horse comics used the heisei godzilla design. When it came to the IDW comics, Heisei was used exclusively in Kingdom of monsters, History's greatest monster, Oblivion, and Gangsters and Goliaths. In Legends, a millennium design was used once while Heisei was used twice.

Now granted when just mentioning IDW, it falls more into Millennium since Half century war, cataclysm, Rulers of Earth, In hell, and rage across time all used millennium I will give you that but IDW did use Heisei alot as well.

As far as what I think, Toho will continue the bulky style still as Legendary, Shin, and Anime Godzilla are all evidence of that. Also pretty sure we will get traditional maple leaf shaped Dorsal plates still. Also more feral style face so that they can express him more. I also could see more detailed reptile scale look to his skin. We may or may not see gills still.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

As long as it doesn't look like Shin, LPG, or G Earth, I'm pretty open to anything. If they could pull off an update of the '60s or '70s style, though, that would pretty much make my life. Maybe they could even bring back the curved atomic ray...
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Dynomy-DX
Interpol Agent

Post by Dynomy-DX »

While Monsterverse Goji is one of, if not, my favorite designs for Godzilla, I'd rather they don't overuse the bulky Godzilla look. Legendary did fine with it, Monster Planet has an... okay design, albeit it's a bit too similar for my tastes.

We probably won't get this, but I'd love a sleek and somewhat draconic vibe from this Godzilla, mixed in with many elements of the traditional design. Something along the lines of the 2003 design with a bit of Heisei maybe? It really depends on the vibe they're going for this.
Reignited... and hopefully less weird this time around.

I'm a guy with simple interests. Mostly revolving around monsters blowing up entire cities.

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

Anyone think we'll get more than one Godzilla design like we've seen in the previous eras?
why did i have to be the chosen one?

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

A more classic look would be very refreshing. Maybe something like a BioGoji whose facial structure is like a mixture between the Heisei, Legendary and the Third Street Godzillas.