World of Godzilla : Appearance Speculation

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Re: World of Godzilla : Appearance Speculation

Post by Maritonic »

LegendZilla wrote:
Grievous wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:After seeing Japan produce two highly unusual takes on the character in a row, Would it be pushing it to ask for a return to form?
What would be a "Return to Form" in your opinion?
A more traditional Godzilla. No having him plant-based, no tail and back lasers, no lost souls, just something more plain.
Assuming "lost souls" is a dig at GMK? Because I'll have to disagree with that one. That Godzilla feels right in line with the original monster from 1954 for me.

As much as I adore Shin, I'll absolutely agree it's a very out-there take on it's own. Anime is certainly his own thing as well.

But GMK being a representation of the forgotten souls of WWII feels right in line with Godzilla's origins.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Shin is really the only one I can say was a "non-traditional" Godzilla. The others act like any other Godzilla.

The Anime Godzilla's plant origin has absolutely zero impact on how he is portrayed and is little more than a useless plot gimmick to justify the Servum's existence.

Same can be said for GMK, but that one at least has some ties into the movie's overall theme.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BrazilianKaiju
Samurai

Re: World of Godzilla : Appearance Speculat

Post by BrazilianKaiju »

GojiDude95 wrote: I really love the head shape of that statue.
The sketches are really close to being perfect just add some changes like give him bigger arms, skinner legs, and no chest spike.
I would love something that looks close to this with those ideas that you suggested.

Oh, Yeah. This one is very interesting.

I remember this artwork was done by an artist after the first Shin poster came out. The image only showed Godzilla's head and it was in black and white, so he imagined a more classic appearance to draw the whole body. I had fallen in love immediately.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Honestly, Shin and Anime aren't even that untraditonal. Despite all the moaning and groaning about "DURR PLANT", they never actually do say he's a plant in the anime films. Besides his OP-ness and the shield, he's basicaly a normal Godzilla. Also, while Shin's weird, he still has the basics of a Godzilla. Looks like a upright dinosaur with leaf shaped fins, comes from the sea, mutated by radiation, immune to weaponry and mostly ambivalent to humans, and spits atomic rays. It's just in the finer details where things get wonky.

TL;DR: No Godzilla is that untraditonal

RIP Evan.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Honestly, Shin and Anime aren't even that untraditonal. Despite all the moaning and groaning about "DURR PLANT", they never actually do say he's a plant in the anime films. Besides his OP-ness and the shield, he's basicaly a normal Godzilla. Also, while Shin's weird, he still has the basics of a Godzilla. Looks like a upright dinosaur with leaf shaped fins, comes from the sea, mutated by radiation, immune to weaponry and mostly ambivalent to humans, and spits atomic rays. It's just in the finer details where things get wonky.

Too many people will accept anything from Godzilla as long as he looks and acts the part. As if that’s all that matters.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

LegendZilla wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Honestly, Shin and Anime aren't even that untraditonal. Despite all the moaning and groaning about "DURR PLANT", they never actually do say he's a plant in the anime films. Besides his OP-ness and the shield, he's basicaly a normal Godzilla. Also, while Shin's weird, he still has the basics of a Godzilla. Looks like a upright dinosaur with leaf shaped fins, comes from the sea, mutated by radiation, immune to weaponry and mostly ambivalent to humans, and spits atomic rays. It's just in the finer details where things get wonky.

Too many people will accept anything from Godzilla as long as he looks and acts the part. As if that’s all that matters.
so...

Looking like Godzilla, acting like Godzilla, showing the personality of Godzilla, and in generel, being Godzilla isn't enough to count as an incarnation of Godzilla.

???????????

RIP Evan.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:

so...

Looking like Godzilla, acting like Godzilla, showing the personality of Godzilla, and in generel, being Godzilla isn't enough to count as an incarnation of Godzilla.

???????????
Would you be okay with Godzilla if he turned out to be a robot piloted by a disgruntled mad scientist as a plot twist?

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

LegendZilla wrote:
Would you be okay with Godzilla if he turned out to be a robot piloted by a disgruntled mad scientist as a plot twist?
So, MechaGodzilla? :lol:
You do realize that's essentially what happened in the original Mechagodzilla film, right?

Also, the whole idea of Godzilla being possessed by lost souls has been thrown around since the beginning. In 1954 some critics had theories that Godzilla was actually possessed by lost souls of Japanese soldiers. So if anything, GMK was just honoring something obscure for Godzilla's first contact with audiences.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

LegendZilla wrote:
With Godzilla in or as the title? Yeah, that’d be illegal since that’d literally be the Mechagodzilla copyright character and NOT the Godzilla character. Come on now.

Please take everyone’s advice and just stop. You’re “analogues” never work and because you lack the basic understanding of anything you’re trying to convey
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

I don't know how can you say there even is a traditional Godzilla. Is 54' the standard for what a traditional Godzilla is? Does that mean a traditional Godzilla can't be over 50 meters long? Does that mean a traditional Godzilla must always be in a villainous role? For me, the only fundamentals for Godzilla is that he's powerful (hence the 'God' part), and he looks somewhat dinosaurian-like.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Godzilla’s gotta mean something for me, he was never just a giant animal which is why G98 fails. Whether he was an allegory or superhero, he was always more than just a mindless hulking monster.

Design-wise, he’s gotta stay dinosaur-like in shape and in abilities, near unkillable and a death breath please.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#slatternking

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

You know what be really creepy, weird & different?

If Godzilla could turn his neck 180 degrees so he could look at what was directly behind him
without moving his entire body.

Like he uses his regeneration/healing factor to twist his neck unnaturally...but the damage
heals so quickly at it doesn't matter.
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

I would love if they utilized scrapped monsters like Bagan, Gigamoth, Redmoon, and maybe lesser-known kaiju/mecha like Orochi, GUNHED, Dogora, Desghidorah, etc.
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

He’s gotta stay upright. Don’t give me none of that anatomically correct Dinosaur business. None of that!!!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

KaijuCanuck wrote:He’s gotta stay upright. Don’t give me none of that anatomically correct Dinosaur business. None of that!!!
yeah! who cares what the Feathernazis think?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

The fuck do feathernazis have to do with Godzilla's stance?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

2004Zilla wrote:The skreeonk do feathernazis have to do with Godzilla's stance?
oh... i just saw anatomically correct and i thought feathernazis for some reason, my bad. :oops:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

tyrantgoji wrote:yeah! who cares what the Feathernazis think?
HA!

FeatherNazi!
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I hope he looks nothing like the Legendary and Anime designs. We'll have seen plenty of that basic look by the time WoG kicks off, so something different would be welcome. Actually, I wouldn't mind a return to the G2K style, with jagged fins and an overall reptilian design. Heck, maybe even a return to the green and purple coloration, though I won't hold out hope for that. It could be really cool with big budget modern effects, though.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio