World of Godzilla : Appearance Speculation

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
SoggyNoodles2016

Re: World of Godzilla : Appearance Speculation

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Like Godzilla

Honestly, I think we should wait to see what the World of Godzilla is about before we think about design. Pretty much every Godzilla design exists to match the story, so that could decide appearance. Personally, I'm feeling while get something like the anime or Monsterverse design. Menacing and powerful looking, different without being too bizarre for a main monster, and not looking completely out of place fighting other monsters.

RIP Evan.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Pretty much every Godzilla design exists to match the story
100% this.
Last edited by Maritonic on Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

It definitely won't be too much like Shin since that wouldn't work in a versus film, which they are bound to do eventually, but I do wonder if they might keep aspects of it like the split jaw, or the skinny heat breath, or maybe even the back or tail lasers.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

I think something like this could work.
Very reminiscent of the Heisei design, but original on its own.
Last edited by Manuelito Canelito on Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

I’d fix the legs
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Kaeyas
GPN Volunteer

Post by Kaeyas »

There's a chance they could just make Shin evolve into a more traditional version. Some people think this could happen. I doubt it but there is a chance. Be kind of odd seeing Shin or a variant of him represent Godzilla as a whole though for the duration of the Multiverse. As much as I like Shin, if they keep him around or plan on bringing him back, I believe he should be a seperate entity. So have another Godzilla as well albiet one who looks more like Shodai, Showa or Heisei represent the series.
Dedicated To Darkness..

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

Vakanai wrote:It definitely won't be too much like Shin since that wouldn't work in a versus film, which they are bound to do eventually, but I do wonder if they might keep aspects of it like the split jaw, or the skinny heat breath, or maybe even the back or tail lasers.
I could do without the skinny beam. The rest could stay though.

Added in 1 minute 11 seconds:
Kaeyas wrote:There's a chance they could just make Shin evolve into a more traditional version. Some people think this could happen. I doubt it but there is a chance. Be kind of odd seeing Shin or a variant of him represent Godzilla as a whole though for the duration of the Multiverse. As much as I like Shin, if they keep him around or plan on bringing him back, I believe he should be a seperate entity. So have another Godzilla as well albiet one who looks more like Shodai, Showa or Heisei represent the series.
I would love a modern version of Shodai.

Added in 2 minutes 16 seconds:
ManuJM1997 wrote:Image

I would rather stop with the reminiscent of 14. I like the design as it's own I just dislike seeing it influence lots of the recent fan-made designs.

Added in 4 minutes 6 seconds:
KillCrites wrote:Anyone think we'll get more than one Godzilla design like we've seen in the previous eras?
That could work actually. That way the different looks could satisfy various people. I like this approach!

OneMillionTomsBC
GPN Volunteer

Post by OneMillionTomsBC »

I think going the Shin route and continuing the tone and feel that Anno created with its layers and details would be very interesting. Shin felt fairly real and believable for a Godzilla movie and its amazingly juicy ending left it open to many possibilities. Updating Godzilla is an obvious, it can evolve to a more aware and formidable form, and its opponents have the potential to be more delicious and terrifying. Maybe even working towards apocalyptic cosmic horror the likes of Lovecraft. And the real sense of urgency for the humans would make for some nice character acting too. The Shin universe would be amazing!

Kaeyas
GPN Volunteer

Post by Kaeyas »

I still think think kickstarting the series with a modern reboot of G 54' would be the most ideal and rewarding for us fans. Imagine Shodai but in 2022. The story would need to be tweaked just a bit to fit into the modern world but I'd leave the rest alone for the most part; with the exception of perhaps having Shodai survive the Oxygen Destroyer and re-emerge later in the series after another Godzilla has already been established. It would also set the stage for Destoroyah to return in a future film. Be cool to see Shodai face off against the kaiju who was born from a weapon that nearly killed him. Hedorah also has potential to be brought about due to the Oxygen Destroyer; but unlike Destoroyah, indirectly. For example, Hedorah dislikes Oxygen. So by removing oxygen from the area of detonation, it allows another type of microscopic organism, (which had remained in suspended animation due to unfavorable conditions since it came to Earth attached to an asteriod or meteor) to come out of stasis and past the threshhold before it adapts/evolves and moves on to grow huge by consuming pollution. So in the end between Hedorah waking up out of a hibernating state and mutating a precambrian organism into Destoroyah; the weapon meant to kill Godzilla actually ends up creating things far worse than Godzilla himself. Yeah, that's good, I like that. :huge: :-P but regardless of Hedorah or Destoroyah returning, I think this is the best way for Toho to start the Multiverse.
Last edited by Kaeyas on Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dedicated To Darkness..

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Honestly I just want something almost identical to '84/'89/'91, with a degree of modernization I guess.

Gailah 1966
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gailah 1966 »

Heck, they could start the new universe earlier if they use a monster which is not under contract with Legendary Pictures.
Let`s start the series with... ummmm.... Varan? Anguirus? The Gargantuas? Gorosaurus?
BIG FAN SURVEY 2023 --> viewtopic.php?t=34920
BIG FAN SURVEY 2020 --> viewtopic.php?t=30470
Video of 2020´s results --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUxyzsQxwa4

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

If I were to make a smart guess, I think it would look similar to Shin, minus the zombie-look.

Shin Gabara
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shin Gabara »

Cold without my coat . . .

Keep the tri-part skinny beam power-up (smoke:fire:lazer). Keep the plate photon beams for a special occasion . . . no more than once or twice throughout the updated franchise. Ditch tail lazer. Incorporate a non-beam power or two, a'la the anime.
. . .

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

ManuJM1997 wrote:Image

Very fond of this design, but I'd make the neck and jaws a little thinner to make it look less like the Legendary design.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

Me personally...I'd honestly like to see an "Ancient" Godzilla...
and by Ancient I mean a Godzilla that actually looks OLD.

Make him grey-ish white in color, make him blind in one eye,
missing a few fingers on one hand or toes on a foot, perhaps
the very end of his tail has "rotted" off...have his spines covered
in coral growths, missing teeth, his entire body is covered in scars
& bring back the idea of mutated sea lice or trilobites living on his
body that fall off when he makes landfall.

Make him deformed through age...not deformed through mutation
like Shin Gojira.

However...

I honestly think Toho will strip the character back in size & build
and go for a "slim" Final Wars/Raids Again style hunter Godzilla
in their next film(s).
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

I want something expressive. Bring back the Showa eyes.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Kaeyas wrote:I still think think kickstarting the series with a modern reboot of G 54' would be the most ideal and rewarding for us fans. Imagine Shodai but in 2022. The story would need to be tweaked just a bit to fit into the modern world but I'd leave the rest alone for the most part; with the exception of perhaps having Shodai survive the Oxygen Destroyer and re-emerge later in the series after another Godzilla has already been established. It would also set the stage for Destoroyah to return in a future film. Be cool to see Shodai face off against the kaiju who was born from a weapon that nearly killed him. Hedorah also has potential to be brought about due to the Oxygen Destroyer; but unlike Destoroyah, indirectly. For example, Hedorah dislikes Oxygen. So by removing oxygen from the area of detonation, it allows another type of microscopic organism, (which had remained in suspended animation due to unfavorable conditions since it came to Earth attached to an asteriod or meteor) to come out of stasis and past the threshhold before it adapts/evolves and moves on to grow huge by consuming pollution. So in the end between Hedorah waking up out of a hibernating state and mutating a precambrian organism into Destoroyah; the weapon meant to kill Godzilla actually ends up creating things far worse than Godzilla himself. Yeah, that's good, I like that. :huge: :-P but regardless of Hedorah or Destoroyah returning, I think this is the best way for Toho to start the Multiverse.
Why do you deem it nessesary to remake it in a way so that it will take place in the modern world?

BrazilianKaiju
Samurai

Post by BrazilianKaiju »

I would like theu use Shin Godzilla as a base and give him back some characteristics:

- Prominent eyebrows
- Pantherine snout.
- Canine teeths.
- Little ears ....

Some designs I like:

I dont like the proportions......but it's almost there.

I like the early concepts for Shin.

And, and finally:

I do not know who did this....but is almost perfect.

After I'll try to draw my "ultimate design"

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

I like the idea of an Albino Godzilla...

Mainly because its different...& different is for the most part better than the same old, same old.
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

BrazilianKaiju wrote:Image

I do not know who did this....but is almost perfect.

After I'll try to draw my "ultimate design"
Those are damn perfect modernizations of Shodai Goji if you ask me.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.