Your fears for The World of Godzilla

For the discussion of Godzilla Resurgence and Toho films after 2015.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding - Shin Godzilla Spoilers, Leaked Content and Cam. Rip Content", linked below. Thank you!

http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... 40&t=25380
User avatar
Hikari
Samurai
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:17 pm
Location: Nebula M78

Re: Your fears for The World of Godzilla

Postby Hikari » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:06 am

That the movies will be boring. Pulling off an kaiju cinematic universe sounds difficult. I fear most of the movies would be too similar.
May or may have not just came here for the Ultra-Thread.
Image

User avatar
Sir-Mechagodzilla
Ronin
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:23 am

Re: Your fears for The World of Godzilla

Postby Sir-Mechagodzilla » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:01 am

Too many solo movies for monsters that aren't interesting enough to carry their own movie.

Added in 2 minutes 50 seconds:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:No one cares whether or not you have a different opinion, the fact of the matter is, you keep making these ass ignorant analogies that absolutely make no sense in the context of anything and it makes you seem like you have no idea what you’re talking about.
You’re not really validating anything, you’re just making yourself seem dumb.

Would you be fine with King Kong being re-imagined as a snow leopard instead of a giant ape?


See, let me pick apart how retarded this is…
He’s referring to Godzilla becoming a plant based monster in the Anime trilogy, so he compares this to turning Kong into a snow leopard? This obviously doesn’t make any sense because that would imply completely changing Kong to the point it wouldn’t even resemble him anymore, you may not like the Anime trilogy, but Godzilla’s change is no where near as drastic as the comparison you made because he still resembles Godzilla in literally every way, the only difference is the origin, his appearance remains the same.

Anime Godzilla being a “Godzilla 2014” shaped monster with distant plant-life origins = Kong being turned into a completely different species of animal, yeah that analogy is trash, as is the source you got it from.


A plant is not even an animal, so that is actually quite far away, even if it's just part of his backstory. But the anime is so bad, it doesn't matter anyway.
Maybe you should read your own posts before calling other things retarded or trash by the way.

User avatar
PitchBlackProgress
Futurian
Posts: 1574
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:15 pm

Re: Your fears for The World of Godzilla

Postby PitchBlackProgress » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:45 pm

No, that doesn’t really change anything, thank you. It’s still retarded trash.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

User avatar
Gawdziller1954
Interpol Agent
Posts: 467
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:29 pm
Location: Painis Island

Re: Your fears for The World of Godzilla

Postby Gawdziller1954 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:13 pm

Sir-Mechagodzilla wrote:Too many solo movies for monsters that aren't interesting enough to carry their own movie.

Added in 2 minutes 50 seconds:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:No one cares whether or not you have a different opinion, the fact of the matter is, you keep making these ass ignorant analogies that absolutely make no sense in the context of anything and it makes you seem like you have no idea what you’re talking about.
You’re not really validating anything, you’re just making yourself seem dumb.

Would you be fine with King Kong being re-imagined as a snow leopard instead of a giant ape?


See, let me pick apart how retarded this is…
He’s referring to Godzilla becoming a plant based monster in the Anime trilogy, so he compares this to turning Kong into a snow leopard? This obviously doesn’t make any sense because that would imply completely changing Kong to the point it wouldn’t even resemble him anymore, you may not like the Anime trilogy, but Godzilla’s change is no where near as drastic as the comparison you made because he still resembles Godzilla in literally every way, the only difference is the origin, his appearance remains the same.

Anime Godzilla being a “Godzilla 2014” shaped monster with distant plant-life origins = Kong being turned into a completely different species of animal, yeah that analogy is trash, as is the source you got it from.


A plant is not even an animal, so that is actually quite far away, even if it's just part of his backstory. But the anime is so bad, it doesn't matter anyway.
Maybe you should read your own posts before calling other things retarded or trash by the way.

Seeing as PBP is actually correct here, I don't really think you should be pointing out "flaws" in his post, which is quite eloquent. The comparison of Godzilla being a Plant-based organism and King Kong being a Snow Leopard, is, in the truthful words of PBP "trash". Godzilla doesn't necessarily need to be an animal, he needs to be an advanced organism that acts and looks like Godzilla should, which Anime Godzilla covers. King Kong being a snow leopard doesn't.
God i can smell the banhammer taking aim at me
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Image
Image

User avatar
Mr_Goji_and_Watch
G-Grasper
Posts: 1405
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:34 pm
Location: Le kinoplex locale

Re: Your fears for The World of Godzilla

Postby Mr_Goji_and_Watch » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:43 pm

What is it about the throwaway "Godzilla originated from plant life" line that makes people so mad?
milkjugs wrote:When oedipus reached thebes, he countered a sphinx. "If you want to pass this point alive, you must answer my riddle: why do monsterverse fans resort to hyperbole and whataboutisms?" It was at this time oedipus knew he was in trouble.

User avatar
Gerdzerl
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3333
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:16 pm
Location: Inside an 80's neon space station in high orbit
Contact:

Re: Your fears for The World of Godzilla

Postby Gerdzerl » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:25 pm

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:What is it about the throwaway "Godzilla originated from plant life" line that makes people so mad?


I really, really don't know, honestly. The fact that a fairly sizable portion of the fandom is so hung up on and so insistent on Godzilla specifically being a mutant/irradiated "dinosaur", and that he's somehow "not" Godzilla if his species differs otherwise is pretty strange. :eh:
Last edited by Gerdzerl on Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
KillCrites
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 343
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:01 pm

Re: Your fears for The World of Godzilla

Postby KillCrites » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:04 am

Sir-Mechagodzilla wrote:Too many solo movies for monsters that aren't interesting enough to carry their own movie.

What makes a monster not interesting enough to carry their own movie? Look at the Rodans, they're just a giant pterodactyls but what makes their movie work is that everything else in the film is so brilliantly written and executed. (Not that Rodan is lame I love them very much)
Last edited by KillCrites on Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
szmigiel
Interpol Agent
Posts: 420
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:54 am
Location: Detroit
Contact:

Re: Your fears for The World of Godzilla

Postby szmigiel » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:44 am

Godzilla being a mutant/irradiated "dinosaur" is as outdated as claiming the Triassic/Jurassic ages were only about 2 million years ago in the original Gojira.

User avatar
Godzillian
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4895
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: Your fears for The World of Godzilla

Postby Godzillian » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:45 am

if it acts like a duck, sounds like a duck, and can fire atomic beams like a duck I think we are good. People all upset by Godzilla being a plant need to get a life. If that is your biggest issue in life, count your blessings
Image

User avatar
G2000
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3165
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:34 pm
Location: The Confederate States of America

Re: Your fears for The World of Godzilla

Postby G2000 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:46 am

Godzillian wrote:if it acts like a duck, sounds like a duck, and can fire atomic beams like a duck

Last edited by G2000 on Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

User avatar
Breakdown
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5443
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:42 pm
Location: The Hollow

Re: Your fears for The World of Godzilla

Postby Breakdown » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:07 pm

To throw in my 2 cents, I'd still strongly prefer Godzilla to be a dinosaur/reptile of some kind. That's just what I'm familiar with and has been a staple of the character since the beginning. For the record, I didn't mind the changed origin in Shin, and I was meh on the Anime origin. Just my thoughts.
Image
Boo-Hoo, I'm leaking lubricant!

User avatar
Godzillian
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4895
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: Your fears for The World of Godzilla

Postby Godzillian » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:20 pm

tbh as long as it looks and acts like Godzilla I don't really care about the origin. There are far more important aspects to the character than being tied down to one specific origin all the time.
OT: I fear Toho is gonna end up making more ROM quality films for the other kaiju they want to have solo films for. They have more then enough time to get some quality scripts and plan out this universe right.
Image

User avatar
MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4294
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:02 pm
Location: Black Hole Planet 3
Contact:

Re: Your fears for The World of Godzilla

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:21 pm

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:What is it about the throwaway "Godzilla originated from plant life" line that makes people so mad?

I don't even remember them mentioning it in the films. It's as if it's not that big of a deal .

Yeah, as long as Godzilla acts like Godzilla, I'm fine with it.
The world is very sexy, it's part of my collapse.

"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

User avatar
Dawsbfiremind
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2690
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:59 pm
Location: My writing desk

Re: Your fears for The World of Godzilla

Postby Dawsbfiremind » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:31 pm

I'd rather them focus on just making good movies period rather than focusing on their cinematic universe's pseudo-conclusion to the detriment of the movie quality in between the beginning and said pseudo-conclusion like Marvel did.
I will be true, for there are those who trust me.

TK drinking game official rules.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26072&start=2080#p1564587

User avatar
KingKaiju
G-Grasper
Posts: 1311
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:31 pm

Re: Your fears for The World of Godzilla

Postby KingKaiju » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:32 pm

A few things:

1. I hope they don't go the route of the later Heisei series and most of the millennium series, where they just put movies out to put movies out. Don't kill the quality.

2. I hope they don't do what WB, and so many other companies are doing with their "shared universes", where they put the universe before the characters. In that, they try to hard to create a shared universe, that they forgot to create and add substance to their films and characters.

Other than that, I'm so excited to see what they do with Godzilla, going forward. One of the things that always excited me, and is going to hype me up, with every new Godzilla movie and series, is what they're going to do with the design.
Image

User avatar
Gawdziller1954
Interpol Agent
Posts: 467
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:29 pm
Location: Painis Island

Re: Your fears for The World of Godzilla

Postby Gawdziller1954 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:49 pm

Breakdown wrote:To throw in my 2 cents, I'd still strongly prefer Godzilla to be a dinosaur/reptile of some kind. That's just what I'm familiar with and has been a staple of the character since the beginning. For the record, I didn't mind the changed origin in Shin, and I was meh on the Anime origin. Just my thoughts.

Lucky for you, Shin's still a sea reptile!
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Image
Image

User avatar
G2000
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3165
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:34 pm
Location: The Confederate States of America

Re: Your fears for The World of Godzilla

Postby G2000 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:20 pm

I hope they won't drag it out too long. As others have said, quality can suffer if the studio is making movies just to make movies, and I'm growing tired of the MCU.

On the other hand, I hope they do get to put out a decent number of good movies. I don't want it to burn out after only one or two films.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

User avatar
PitchBlackProgress
Futurian
Posts: 1574
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:15 pm

Re: Your fears for The World of Godzilla

Postby PitchBlackProgress » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:18 pm

G2000 wrote:I hope they won't drag it out too long. As others have said, quality can suffer if the studio is making movies just to make movies, and I'm growing tired of the MCU.

On the other hand, I hope they do get to put out a decent number of good movies. I don't want it to burn out after only one or two films.

I just want a new era with more than one or two good flicks in it.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

User avatar
LegendZilla
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4521
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:57 am
Location: Slocan Park, British Colombia, Canada

Re: Your fears for The World of Godzilla

Postby LegendZilla » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:42 pm

How are my complaints over Godzilla being a plant, lost soul embodiment or whatever any more trivial than let’s say the astronomical majority of people in these forums complaining about whatever issues they may have with the Heisei series (i.e time travel and beam wars)?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
Interpol Agent
Posts: 690
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: Your fears for The World of Godzilla

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:10 pm

LegendZilla wrote:How are my complaints over Godzilla being a plant, lost soul embodiment or whatever any more trivial than let’s say the astronomical majority of people in these forums complaining about whatever issues they may have with the Heisei series (i.e time travel and beam wars)?


You are complaining about something relativly trivial that doesn't affect most peoples viewing of the films while Heisei complaints like beam wars are complaints about something that does affect the quality of the film for the viewer.

Still, it's an opinion thing, though whatever you want to complain about, complain.



Unless you don't know what you're talking about. Or you take up half the thread/comment section with your complaints. Then you can kindly shut the skreeonk up.

Added in 1 minute 27 seconds:
Realized how that sounded and wanted to clarify it isn't directed at you or a large majority of people on this fourm. Just a few people who I will not name.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image


Return to “"Shin" and Beyond (2016-Current)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests