Your fears for The World of Godzilla

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Hikari
GPN Volunteer

Re: Your fears for The World of Godzilla

Post by Hikari »

That the movies will be boring. Pulling off an kaiju cinematic universe sounds difficult. I fear most of the movies would be too similar.
May or may have not just came here for the Ultra-Thread.

Sir-Mechagodzilla
Ronin

Post by Sir-Mechagodzilla »

Too many solo movies for monsters that aren't interesting enough to carry their own movie.

Added in 2 minutes 50 seconds:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:No one cares whether or not you have a different opinion, the fact of the matter is, you keep making these ass ignorant analogies that absolutely make no sense in the context of anything and it makes you seem like you have no idea what you’re talking about.
You’re not really validating anything, you’re just making yourself seem dumb.
Would you be fine with King Kong being re-imagined as a snow leopard instead of a giant ape?
See, let me pick apart how -------- this is…
He’s referring to Godzilla becoming a plant based monster in the Anime trilogy, so he compares this to turning Kong into a snow leopard? This obviously doesn’t make any sense because that would imply completely changing Kong to the point it wouldn’t even resemble him anymore, you may not like the Anime trilogy, but Godzilla’s change is no where near as drastic as the comparison you made because he still resembles Godzilla in literally every way, the only difference is the origin, his appearance remains the same.

Anime Godzilla being a “Godzilla 2014” shaped monster with distant plant-life origins = Kong being turned into a completely different species of animal, yeah that analogy is trash, as is the source you got it from.
A plant is not even an animal, so that is actually quite far away, even if it's just part of his backstory. But the anime is so bad, it doesn't matter anyway.
Maybe you should read your own posts before calling other things -------- or trash by the way.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

No, that doesn’t really change anything, thank you. It’s still -------- trash.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Sir-Mechagodzilla wrote:Too many solo movies for monsters that aren't interesting enough to carry their own movie.

Added in 2 minutes 50 seconds:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:No one cares whether or not you have a different opinion, the fact of the matter is, you keep making these ass ignorant analogies that absolutely make no sense in the context of anything and it makes you seem like you have no idea what you’re talking about.
You’re not really validating anything, you’re just making yourself seem dumb.
Would you be fine with King Kong being re-imagined as a snow leopard instead of a giant ape?
See, let me pick apart how -------- this is…
He’s referring to Godzilla becoming a plant based monster in the Anime trilogy, so he compares this to turning Kong into a snow leopard? This obviously doesn’t make any sense because that would imply completely changing Kong to the point it wouldn’t even resemble him anymore, you may not like the Anime trilogy, but Godzilla’s change is no where near as drastic as the comparison you made because he still resembles Godzilla in literally every way, the only difference is the origin, his appearance remains the same.

Anime Godzilla being a “Godzilla 2014” shaped monster with distant plant-life origins = Kong being turned into a completely different species of animal, yeah that analogy is trash, as is the source you got it from.
A plant is not even an animal, so that is actually quite far away, even if it's just part of his backstory. But the anime is so bad, it doesn't matter anyway.
Maybe you should read your own posts before calling other things -------- or trash by the way.
Seeing as PBP is actually correct here, I don't really think you should be pointing out "flaws" in his post, which is quite eloquent. The comparison of Godzilla being a Plant-based organism and King Kong being a Snow Leopard, is, in the truthful words of PBP "trash". Godzilla doesn't necessarily need to be an animal, he needs to be an advanced organism that acts and looks like Godzilla should, which Anime Godzilla covers. King Kong being a snow leopard doesn't.
God i can smell the banhammer taking aim at me
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

What is it about the throwaway "Godzilla originated from plant life" line that makes people so mad?
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:What is it about the throwaway "Godzilla originated from plant life" line that makes people so mad?
I really, really don't know, honestly. The fact that a fairly sizable portion of the fandom is so hung up on and so insistent on Godzilla specifically being a mutant/irradiated "dinosaur", and that he's somehow "not" Godzilla if his species differs otherwise is pretty strange. :eh:
Last edited by Gerdzerl on Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

Sir-Mechagodzilla wrote:Too many solo movies for monsters that aren't interesting enough to carry their own movie.
What makes a monster not interesting enough to carry their own movie? Look at the Rodans, they're just a giant pterodactyls but what makes their movie work is that everything else in the film is so brilliantly written and executed. (Not that Rodan is lame I love them very much)
Last edited by KillCrites on Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

szmigiel
G-Force Personnel

Post by szmigiel »

Godzilla being a mutant/irradiated "dinosaur" is as outdated as claiming the Triassic/Jurassic ages were only about 2 million years ago in the original Gojira.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

if it acts like a duck, sounds like a duck, and can fire atomic beams like a duck I think we are good. People all upset by Godzilla being a plant need to get a life. If that is your biggest issue in life, count your blessings

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Godzillian wrote:if it acts like a duck, sounds like a duck, and can fire atomic beams like a duck
Last edited by G2000 on Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

To throw in my 2 cents, I'd still strongly prefer Godzilla to be a dinosaur/reptile of some kind. That's just what I'm familiar with and has been a staple of the character since the beginning. For the record, I didn't mind the changed origin in Shin, and I was meh on the Anime origin. Just my thoughts.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

tbh as long as it looks and acts like Godzilla I don't really care about the origin. There are far more important aspects to the character than being tied down to one specific origin all the time.
OT: I fear Toho is gonna end up making more ROM quality films for the other kaiju they want to have solo films for. They have more then enough time to get some quality scripts and plan out this universe right.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:What is it about the throwaway "Godzilla originated from plant life" line that makes people so mad?
I don't even remember them mentioning it in the films. It's as if it's not that big of a deal .

Yeah, as long as Godzilla acts like Godzilla, I'm fine with it.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

I'd rather them focus on just making good movies period rather than focusing on their cinematic universe's pseudo-conclusion to the detriment of the movie quality in between the beginning and said pseudo-conclusion like Marvel did.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

A few things:

1. I hope they don't go the route of the later Heisei series and most of the millennium series, where they just put movies out to put movies out. Don't kill the quality.

2. I hope they don't do what WB, and so many other companies are doing with their "shared universes", where they put the universe before the characters. In that, they try to hard to create a shared universe, that they forgot to create and add substance to their films and characters.

Other than that, I'm so excited to see what they do with Godzilla, going forward. One of the things that always excited me, and is going to hype me up, with every new Godzilla movie and series, is what they're going to do with the design.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Breakdown wrote:To throw in my 2 cents, I'd still strongly prefer Godzilla to be a dinosaur/reptile of some kind. That's just what I'm familiar with and has been a staple of the character since the beginning. For the record, I didn't mind the changed origin in Shin, and I was meh on the Anime origin. Just my thoughts.
Lucky for you, Shin's still a sea reptile!
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

I hope they won't drag it out too long. As others have said, quality can suffer if the studio is making movies just to make movies, and I'm growing tired of the MCU.

On the other hand, I hope they do get to put out a decent number of good movies. I don't want it to burn out after only one or two films.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

G2000 wrote:I hope they won't drag it out too long. As others have said, quality can suffer if the studio is making movies just to make movies, and I'm growing tired of the MCU.

On the other hand, I hope they do get to put out a decent number of good movies. I don't want it to burn out after only one or two films.
I just want a new era with more than one or two good flicks in it.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

How are my complaints over Godzilla being a plant, lost soul embodiment or whatever any more trivial than let’s say the astronomical majority of people in these forums complaining about whatever issues they may have with the Heisei series (i.e time travel and beam wars)?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

LegendZilla wrote:How are my complaints over Godzilla being a plant, lost soul embodiment or whatever any more trivial than let’s say the astronomical majority of people in these forums complaining about whatever issues they may have with the Heisei series (i.e time travel and beam wars)?
You are complaining about something relativly trivial that doesn't affect most peoples viewing of the films while Heisei complaints like beam wars are complaints about something that does affect the quality of the film for the viewer.

Still, it's an opinion thing, though whatever you want to complain about, complain.

Unless you don't know what you're talking about. Or you take up half the thread/comment section with your complaints. Then you can kindly shut the fuck up.

Added in 1 minute 27 seconds:
Realized how that sounded and wanted to clarify it isn't directed at you or a large majority of people on this fourm. Just a few people who I will not name.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.