Your fears for The World of Godzilla

For the discussion of Godzilla Resurgence and Toho films after 2015.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding - Shin Godzilla Spoilers, Leaked Content and Cam. Rip Content", linked below. Thank you!

http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... 40&t=25380
eabaker
Keizer

Re: Your fears for The World of Godzilla

Postby eabaker » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:53 am

Shin Gabara wrote:Is it so 'zero-sum', though? I'm sure within the cosmically vast Library of Babel-esque script-space of 90-120 minute films there are more than a few good handful that juggle both well? Not saying it wouldn't be tricky

And I'm not saying it wouldn't be possible. This is a thread to talk about our fears, though, so of course we're going to focus on worst-case scenarios.

Yes, holding back from exploring the themes of either transformation or rebirth in a debut Mothra movie could, in theory, still lead to a satisfying narrative, if those themes were replaced by something equally strong that was brought to some satisfying conclusion over the course of the movie, though that would run the risk of not feeling remotely like a Mothra movie at all.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Tarbosaurus
Samurai

Postby Tarbosaurus » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:10 pm

Inactive kaiju. If I could pinpoint one beef I have with Shin and Anime Godzilla it's that they pretty much do one of two things. Walk forward and use a ranged attack. It kinda made a lot of the battles blur together if all it consists of is "Military shoot at Godzilla, Godzilla tanks it and shoots back, military go boom". Even the most beam-spamy of the Heisei "Beam Wars" had some close combat and the kaiju were reactive to things around them. I really hope, especially if we have monster battles, we don't just get what amounts to two siege towers shooting each other.
Last edited by Tarbosaurus on Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"That's what I get for attacking a pirate-scientist." - POLE7645 on Ogata's life choices

JGAR
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby JGAR » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:42 am

I just hope this doesn’t cancel out the Monsterverse. Say what you want about Legendary and Hollywood but they’re the ones that expose the franchise to the general public
Yooo 8-)

PitchBlackProgress
Futurian

Postby PitchBlackProgress » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:05 pm

JGAR wrote:I just hope this doesn’t cancel out the Monsterverse. Say what you want about Legendary and Hollywood but they’re the ones that expose the franchise to the general public

That won't happen.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Return to “"Shin" and Beyond (2016-Current)”