Your fears for The World of Godzilla

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: Your fears for The World of Godzilla

Post by LegendZilla »

Another worry I have is that they will rush by using just one movie to set up multiple films it instead of making solid films that can sand out on their own. That’s an issue that plagues virtually every non Marvel Cinematic universe nowadays.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Millenial88
Interpol Agent

Post by Millenial88 »

My big fear is that they're going to force some convoluted origin stories for monsters that merely just showed up in the original films (hello, Baragon). What I hope is that they follow Marvel's playbook a bit closer and focus on bringing in BTS talent that has a distinct voice.

Oh, and go back to suitmation and miniatures, while they're at it. Shin's CG looked nice, especially in the radioactive breath scene, but it mostly feels cold.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Millenial88 wrote:My big fear is that they're going to force some convoluted origin stories for monsters that merely just showed up in the original films (hello, Baragon). What I hope is that they follow Marvel's playbook a bit closer and focus on bringing in BTS talent that has a distinct voice.

Oh, and go back to suitmation and miniatures, while they're at it. Shin's CG looked nice, especially in the radioactive breath scene, but it mostly feels cold.
I'm pretty sure it was meant to feel cold so I'm not sure why a suit would have been different in that regard?
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

zilla92
Monarch Researcher

Post by zilla92 »

Like most of you I worry they’ll rush the films making them suffer in production value. I also would love to see the Legenday Monsterverse continue along side Toho’s new world of Godzilla. Nothing wrong with having both right? But I’m sure the Monsterverse ends with GvK regardless of whatever Toho does.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

The return of Masaaki Tezuka.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

OneMillionTomsBC
GPN Volunteer

Post by OneMillionTomsBC »

I'm just hoping the CGI is better. Some of the shots in Shin Gojira were really hokey.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Here’s another fear : maybe by the time the first film comes out, there will already be a Godzilla fatigue.

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

My fear would be if they take the same path as Pacific Rim Upris------Gah!!! I almost said the title of that movie.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

GojiDude95 wrote:My fear would be if they take the same path as Pacific Rim Upris------Gah!!! I almost said the title of that movie.
WAR READY WAR REEEEEEEEEEADY; GODZILLA SAYS I SHOULD FIGHT MY OWN WARS YA KNOW

I'm sorry lad.

Honestly, my fears are them completely overlooking the human characters. I just want them to be likeable and well developed.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

While I do have faith that Toho has learned from their past mistakes, I'm still concerned about a few things: like most of us, I'm worried they'll rush them into production again, that they'll go back to recycling the same stories with their main kaiju (i.e. Mothra, Ghidorah, Mecha-G), that the Monsterverse will be ended prematurely (because there's nothing worse than an official unfinished series), and that if they DO go back to getting them done quick and dirty (so to speak) that it could cause kaiju fatige--and I'm not ready for the kaiju renaissance to end yet, dang it!
Also, I'm a little worried that they'll go back to making these movies strictly popcorn-fair or kid-focused; it's not that I hold anything against that kind of stuff, but I feel it would be a step back from the intelligent, Award-winning storytelling that Shin-Godzilla brought us. That and I'm worried the movies won't get good distribution and we'll have to resort to getting obscure streaming accounts and digging through DVD bargain bins to get our fix. AGAIN.
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: WAR READY WAR REEEEEEEEEEADY; GODZILLA SAYS I SHOULD FIGHT MY OWN WARS YA KNOW

I'm sorry lad.
*Has Nam flashbacks :shock:

OneMillionTomsBC
GPN Volunteer

Post by OneMillionTomsBC »

It might mirror the Millennium series where most of it was completely forgettable, but with motion capture instead of rubber suits this time. And the idea of going the Marvel route and making a "world of godzilla" limits creative freedom of directors and means there is most likely a continuing storyline and recurring characters that lead up to a big bad new Destroy All Monsters/Infinity War angle until the series is exhausted again.

But as always, figures and toy sales will reign no matter what happens.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

please keep Anno out of this
your source of self destruction

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Angurius still doesn't get a film appearance

:(
Last edited by ROMG4 on Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

ROMG4 wrote:Angurius still doesn't get a film appearance

:(
Hmm. I don't think you have to be too concerned about this. I'm sure he'll come back in some capacity.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Basically that Toho will screw it up and put too much in their first few movies to set everything up. If they are smart, they are gonna work on it from now until it can go before the cameras. Toho has more than enough time to build up a few stellar scripts and recruit talented film makers to get this thing off the ground proper. They just need to make sure each film is as good as it can be rather than just making every film a tent pole movie

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Both the third anime film coming later this year and KOTM might not be enough to quench the Japanese audiences’ craving for the likes of Mothra and Ghidorah and Toho’s own will immediately barrage us with the aforementioned kaiju just one film in.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

LegendZilla wrote:Both the third anime film coming later this year and KOTM will not be enough to quench the Japanese audiences’ craving for the likes of Mothra and Ghidorah and Toho’s own will immediately barrage us with the aforementioned kaiju just one film in.
Eh, I agree with you but I'm sure they will be added if Toho wants this World of Godzilla to really succeed since by then KOTM and the third anime will bring in new fans - fans who would be familiar with you know who.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

I'm mostly worried that they'll try too hard to emulate Shin Godzilla. I really enjoy the semi-realistic tones of Shin and the Legendary series, but taken the wrong way, it can lead to boring characters and drab plots. You have to have an equal mix of "realism" and imagination.

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

I'm hoping they don't follow the millennium series and make a bunch of one shots with the 54 film being the setup. Seriously how many sequels are there for Gojira?