World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

For the discussion of Godzilla Resurgence and Toho films after 2015.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding - Shin Godzilla Spoilers, Leaked Content and Cam. Rip Content", linked below. Thank you!

http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... 40&t=25380
Vakanai
Yin-Yang Master

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Postby Vakanai » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:49 pm

Gerdzerl wrote:You could make the Godzilla-Daimajin crossover film non-canon with the rest of the continuity and just shrink Godzilla to be more in scale with Daimajin. It's not like Godzilla actually needs to be at least 50 meters tall, anyway, 30 meters would go well just fine with a 25-meter Daimajin.

I always wanted to see a period piece Godzilla movie. And in the 54 movie he was worshipped as a god before becoming a nuclear monster. So you could have god versus god.
Always, *always* proofread, typos are Hedorah.
If you discover you have made a typo, *always* correct it.
Trust me.

Godzilla vs Kong: Kong won't die. He might win, he might lose, but he will survive.

Some netiquette:
1. If you don't want to be rude, *ask* me before you sig me.

JAGzilla
Kwaidan

Postby JAGzilla » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:05 am

I had an idea the other day: what if they brought back Orga as a Big Bad, possibly built up to for several movies? Have the Millennian absorb DNA from multiple kaiju, likely pissing them off in the process, and then become a gigantic, unholy chimera with the powers of all these varied kaiju, and they need to come together to defeat him. This would require leaving a lot of kaiju alive from movie to movie, of course, which is something I really hope they do. I want to see a Showa style world with a large number of kaiju trying to coexist with one another and humanity.
"When you're serious about having fun, it's not much fun at all!" -Calvin

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:44 am

JAGzilla wrote:I had an idea the other day: what if they brought back Orga as a Big Bad, possibly built up to for several movies? Have the Millennian absorb DNA from multiple kaiju, likely pissing them off in the process, and then become a gigantic, unholy chimera with the powers of all these varied kaiju, and they need to come together to defeat him. This would require leaving a lot of kaiju alive from movie to movie, of course, which is something I really hope they do. I want to see a Showa style world with a large number of kaiju trying to coexist with one another and humanity.

I would absolutely LOVE to see Orga as some chimera thing with multiple powers! I've had a similar idea like that since.... I can remember. Orga's just one of those kaiju that has a ton of potential if used correctly.
The world is very sexy, it's part of my collapse.

"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

LegendZilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby LegendZilla » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:30 pm

Anguirus or else.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

HillyHulk
Samurai

Postby HillyHulk » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:13 pm

I'd like to see kaiju that didn't really get their time in the spotlight in the films like Varan or Manda.
8-) ... because I can.

SoggyNoodles2016
Interpol Agent

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:27 pm

......who makes sense in the cinematic universe Toho makes.

KillCrites
Yin-Yang Master

Postby KillCrites » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:30 am

I was always intrigued by King Caesar's ancient guardian origin and if he appears in WoG I really want it to be explored and expanded upon.

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:07 am

I'd like to see monsters with unique and interesting backstories get some time to truly shine.

KillCrites mentioned King Caesar already, I'd like to add Destoroyah, Battra, and maybe Orga as well.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my YouTube channel CinemaGoji for all things kaiju!

Dv-218
Interpol Agent

Postby Dv-218 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:33 am

I would love to see Orga return too, such an awesome concept. The "cameo" from POTM was really disappointing for me lol. The DNA assimilation/copying aspect can lead to many interesting scenarios.

Also, it might sound bizzare, but I would not mind to see Maguma lol. Sure he might have been a little silly looking in the Gorath movie, but with a slight redesign to make him more monstrous and menacing a walrus-pinniped Kaiju could work imo.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:35 am, edited 6 times in total.

KillCrites
Yin-Yang Master

Postby KillCrites » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:40 am

Dv-218 wrote:Also, it might sound bizzare, but I would not mind to see Maguma lol. Sure he might have been lame in the Gorath movie, but with a slight redesign to make him more monstrous and menacing, a walrus-pinniped Kaiju could work imo.

Oh yeah I definitely want to see more more of Toho's monsters from non-Godzilla flicks pop up eventually. Maybe we could get Godzilla vs the Gargantuas.

Maritonic
EDF Soldier

Postby Maritonic » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:42 am

Monsters like Maguma, Gezora, Kamoebas would be great to have in small roles in some of the films because they would greatly help in the world building aspect. If this is truly to be a "world" of Godzilla.
Resized Image

Someday, the sadness will end.

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

Dv-218
Interpol Agent

Postby Dv-218 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:49 am

KillCrites wrote:
Dv-218 wrote:Also, it might sound bizzare, but I would not mind to see Maguma lol. Sure he might have been lame in the Gorath movie, but with a slight redesign to make him more monstrous and menacing, a walrus-pinniped Kaiju could work imo.

Oh yeah I definitely want to see more more of Toho's monsters from non-Godzilla flicks pop up eventually. Maybe we could get Godzilla vs the Gargantuas.

Damn, seeing Godzilla fight those things would be awesome. A modern take on the Gargantuas would certinialy be interesting.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anguirus'BiggestFan
Ronin

Postby Anguirus'BiggestFan » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:47 pm

[quote="Ivo-goji"]I dunno if Anguirus can carry his own movie

You have saddened me by a great deal.
from :spacegodzilla:'s biggest fan! :muto: :mechagodzilla:

Ivo-goji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Ivo-goji » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:47 pm

He's a supporting kaiju, it's his thing.

Plus above all I want to see Godzilla and Anguirus on the big screen.
Resized Image

Kaiju-King42 wrote:Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

PitchBlackProgress
Futurian

Postby PitchBlackProgress » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:48 pm

Anguirus'BiggestFan wrote:

He’s right though, A solo-Anguirus movie wouldn’t work in the slightest.

He’s too much of a second banana monster.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Anguirus'BiggestFan
Ronin

Postby Anguirus'BiggestFan » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:52 pm

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
Anguirus'BiggestFan wrote:

He’s right though, A solo-Anguirus movie wouldn’t work in the slightest.

He’s too much of a second banana monster.

Correct. That's why I'm saddened by a great deal. Anguirus can't breath fire, and his brain's between his legs. (quite literally)
P.S. I like rooting for the less obvious to win. (Sym)pathetic.
Last edited by Anguirus'BiggestFan on Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
from :spacegodzilla:'s biggest fan! :muto: :mechagodzilla:

Gerdzerl
EDF Soldier

Postby Gerdzerl » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:02 pm

I think Anguirus could certainly carry a solo movie in theory, but, realistically, there's absolutely no way Toho would gamble with their money like that. An Anguirus film would bomb. :(

KillCrites
Yin-Yang Master

Postby KillCrites » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:04 am

Gerdzerl wrote:I think Anguirus could certainly carry a solo movie in theory, but, realistically, there's absolutely no way Toho would gamble with their money like that. An Anguirus film would bomb. :(

That makes me think, how many of these monster solo movies would actually be a financial success? People would for sure be interested in a Mothra, King Ghidorah, Rodan, and Mechagodzilla movie, but how many would actually want to see a King Caesar movie or a Biollante movie? Maybe it just depends on how good the movies look themselves and how well they're marketed more than what character they're focused on, I dunno.

eabaker
Keizer

Postby eabaker » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:38 am

I want to see a movie where Angilas murders the hell out of Anguirus. ;)
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Godzillian
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Godzillian » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:03 am

I want to see Toho step up and put their best foot forward to make sure that World of Godzilla can get off the ground. They have a good amount of time to plan it out and begin working on scripts and projects, they would be fools to waste it.

Return to “"Shin" and Beyond (2016-Current)”