Page 9 of 15

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:20 am
by MechaGoji Bro7503
LegendZilla wrote:Here’s a idea : I know it’s not exactly a who, but rather a what. What if a Godzilla film, or heck any Kaiju fiction in general starts to take note from contemporary zombie fiction? By that I mean repeated waves of Kaiju attacks will effect society the same way the media always depicts the zombie apocalypse doing so, by having civilization begin to crumble and people by the masses turn against their fellow man, becoming increasingly factionalized and letting go of their humanity in order to survive.

I’d say I nailed it.

That's pretty much the Godzilla anime we got. Even down to factions and letting go of humanity.

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:51 pm
by LegendZilla
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:Here’s a idea : I know it’s not exactly a who, but rather a what. What if a Godzilla film, or heck any Kaiju fiction in general starts to take note from contemporary zombie fiction? By that I mean repeated waves of Kaiju attacks will effect society the same way the media always depicts the zombie apocalypse doing so, by having civilization begin to crumble and people by the masses turn against their fellow man, becoming increasingly factionalized and letting go of their humanity in order to survive.

I’d say I nailed it.

That's pretty much the Godzilla anime we got. Even down to factions and letting go of humanity.


It won’t be a bad idea in a properly executed Godzilla film.

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:53 pm
by PitchBlackProgress
lol it’s not original in the slightest, what’s with every idea you have being a trope?

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:45 pm
by LegendZilla
Any ideas for original creatures?

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:04 pm
by _JNavs_
A Sabertooth Lion.

A Gulper fish.

A whale.

An Eel.

A praying Mantis.


All giant and kaijuifed.

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:23 am
by SonOfGorgo
_JNavs_ wrote:A Sabertooth Lion.

A Gulper fish.

A whale.

An Eel.

A praying Mantis.


All giant and kaijuifed.

Kamacuras is a mantis, right?

And personally, I'd prefer more creatively designed creatures rather than just oversized versions of real animals.

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:26 am
by _JNavs_
SonOfGorgo wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:A Sabertooth Lion.

A Gulper fish.

A whale.

An Eel.

A praying Mantis.


All giant and kaijuifed.

Kamacuras is a mantis, right?

And personally, I'd prefer more creatively designed creatures rather than just oversized versions of real animals.

Yeah, I'm thinking kaijuified, so like incorporate something within their element into their design.

An electric eel similar to Manda in fighting. Just with electrical burns.

A whale that's blubber is made of stone

A giant gulper fish is kinda scary in its own right.

A sabertooth lion would be an absolute beast in an African climate.


I always preferred my stuff closer to realism and less to fantasy. All of Gojis kaiju qualify for me.
Unless you mean creative like how Ultraman Red and blue or whatever their on now, have a bunch of power ranger villains as kaiju.

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:07 am
by SonOfGorgo
_JNavs_ wrote:Yeah, I'm thinking kaijuified, so like incorporate something within their element into their design.

An electric eel similar to Manda in fighting. Just with electrical burns.

A whale that's blubber is made of stone

A giant gulper fish is kinda scary in its own right.

A sabertooth lion would be an absolute beast in an African climate.


I always preferred my stuff closer to realism and less to fantasy. All of Gojis kaiju qualify for me.
Unless you mean creative like how Ultraman Red and blue or whatever their on now, have a bunch of power ranger villains as kaiju.

Maybe, but to be fair, giant beasts aren't exactly "realistic" anyway.
I was thinking more something like a hybrid or super-evolved, you know.

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:20 pm
by kingkevzilla88
_JNavs_ wrote:A praying Mantis.


So a new version of Kamacuras?

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:23 pm
by MechaGoji Bro7503
Make the kaiju memorable and imaginative...... but only go as far as the story demands.

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:24 pm
by _JNavs_
kingkevzilla88 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:A praying Mantis.


So a new version of Kamacuras?

Basically yeah lol, but closer to the tall green appearance of general Praying mantises

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:21 am
by JAGzilla
I'd be down for a return by Kamacuras. I'd love to see a swarm like in Cerasini's Godzilla 2000, thousands of mantises of varying size rampaging through a city and just eating and ransacking everything in their path. That'd be a great major threat that prompts Godzilla to team up with other kaiju, maybe including some non-traditional 'allies' out of necessity.

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:59 pm
by MechaGoji Bro7503
JAGzilla wrote:I'd be down for a return by Kamacuras. I'd love to see a swarm like in Cerasini's Godzilla 2000, thousands of mantises of varying size rampaging through a city and just eating and ransacking everything in their path. That'd be a great major threat that prompts Godzilla to team up with other kaiju, maybe including some non-traditional 'allies' out of necessity.

It's a cool idea, but in this day and age there's no doubt Godzilla would eventually destroy them all by himself. I mean, it's Kamacuras.

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:11 pm
by Godzillian
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
JAGzilla wrote:I'd be down for a return by Kamacuras. I'd love to see a swarm like in Cerasini's Godzilla 2000, thousands of mantises of varying size rampaging through a city and just eating and ransacking everything in their path. That'd be a great major threat that prompts Godzilla to team up with other kaiju, maybe including some non-traditional 'allies' out of necessity.

It's a cool idea, but in this day and age there's no doubt Godzilla would eventually destroy them all by himself. I mean, it's Kamacuras.

I think with the proper execution Kamacuras could be worked into a major threat for Godzilla

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:21 pm
by _JNavs_
I'd love to see something similar to how spiders are born, where they all run about from an egg, just imagine that in the middle of the city, but instead of giant spiders pouring out, it's like a good amount of giant Kamacuras's

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:58 pm
by JAGzilla
Godzillian wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:It's a cool idea, but in this day and age there's no doubt Godzilla would eventually destroy them all by himself. I mean, it's Kamacuras.

I think with the proper execution Kamacuras could be worked into a major threat for Godzilla


Sure, I mean the largest and most powerful ones could be almost as dangerous as MUTOs, being physically similar. If there were, say, a dozen or more with that kind of power, plus dozens of more Showa style Kamacuras and thousands of little Meganula-level ones, they could be totally overwhelming for any individual kaiju.

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:03 pm
by MechaGoji Bro7503
JAGzilla wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:It's a cool idea, but in this day and age there's no doubt Godzilla would eventually destroy them all by himself. I mean, it's Kamacuras.

I think with the proper execution Kamacuras could be worked into a major threat for Godzilla


Sure, I mean the largest and most powerful ones could be almost as dangerous as MUTOs, being physically similar. If there were, say, a dozen or more with that kind of power, plus dozens of more Showa style Kamacuras and thousands of little Meganula-level ones, they could be totally overwhelming for any individual kaiju.

Ah, that's fair. It'll be like Earth Defense Force :lol:

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:40 pm
by Godzillian
JAGzilla wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:It's a cool idea, but in this day and age there's no doubt Godzilla would eventually destroy them all by himself. I mean, it's Kamacuras.

I think with the proper execution Kamacuras could be worked into a major threat for Godzilla


Sure, I mean the largest and most powerful ones could be almost as dangerous as MUTOs, being physically similar. If there were, say, a dozen or more with that kind of power, plus dozens of more Showa style Kamacuras and thousands of little Meganula-level ones, they could be totally overwhelming for any individual kaiju.

way to many in that situation. Just keep it to a limited number and have one grow to a major threat

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:12 pm
by _JNavs_
I could see it going the outbreak route, taking over an entire city, with these Xenomorph sized Kamacuras's, the entire city is just this big horror infested apocalyptic city, where if someone tries to run from their hiding spot, they'd get snatched up like something from the mist and get dragged up the side of a building just to get devoured head first. I could picture like an orange tinge to the city, kinda like in the 2014 film.

Then have maybe 2 or 3 grow to Godzillas size or a bit smaller, and we find out it's because they spent their time eating humans near a radioactive power plant of some sort.

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:54 pm
by JAGzilla
Godzillian wrote:
JAGzilla wrote:
Godzillian wrote:I think with the proper execution Kamacuras could be worked into a major threat for Godzilla


Sure, I mean the largest and most powerful ones could be almost as dangerous as MUTOs, being physically similar. If there were, say, a dozen or more with that kind of power, plus dozens of more Showa style Kamacuras and thousands of little Meganula-level ones, they could be totally overwhelming for any individual kaiju.

way to many in that situation. Just keep it to a limited number and have one grow to a major threat


Well, like I said, the point is that multiple kaiju would have to join forces to overcome the swarm. It's supposed to be over the top.