World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

LegendZilla wrote:Here’s a idea : I know it’s not exactly a who, but rather a what. What if a Godzilla film, or heck any Kaiju fiction in general starts to take note from contemporary zombie fiction? By that I mean repeated waves of Kaiju attacks will effect society the same way the media always depicts the zombie apocalypse doing so, by having civilization begin to crumble and people by the masses turn against their fellow man, becoming increasingly factionalized and letting go of their humanity in order to survive.

I’d say I nailed it.
That's pretty much the Godzilla anime we got. Even down to factions and letting go of humanity.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:Here’s a idea : I know it’s not exactly a who, but rather a what. What if a Godzilla film, or heck any Kaiju fiction in general starts to take note from contemporary zombie fiction? By that I mean repeated waves of Kaiju attacks will effect society the same way the media always depicts the zombie apocalypse doing so, by having civilization begin to crumble and people by the masses turn against their fellow man, becoming increasingly factionalized and letting go of their humanity in order to survive.

I’d say I nailed it.
That's pretty much the Godzilla anime we got. Even down to factions and letting go of humanity.
It won’t be a bad idea in a properly executed Godzilla film.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

lol it’s not original in the slightest, what’s with every idea you have being a trope?
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Any ideas for original creatures?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

A Sabertooth Lion.

A Gulper fish.

A whale.

An Eel.

A praying Mantis.

All giant and kaijuifed.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

_JNavs_ wrote:A Sabertooth Lion.

A Gulper fish.

A whale.

An Eel.

A praying Mantis.

All giant and kaijuifed.
Kamacuras is a mantis, right?

And personally, I'd prefer more creatively designed creatures rather than just oversized versions of real animals.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

SonOfGorgo wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:A Sabertooth Lion.

A Gulper fish.

A whale.

An Eel.

A praying Mantis.

All giant and kaijuifed.
Kamacuras is a mantis, right?

And personally, I'd prefer more creatively designed creatures rather than just oversized versions of real animals.
Yeah, I'm thinking kaijuified, so like incorporate something within their element into their design.

An electric eel similar to Manda in fighting. Just with electrical burns.

A whale that's blubber is made of stone

A giant gulper fish is kinda scary in its own right.

A sabertooth lion would be an absolute beast in an African climate.

I always preferred my stuff closer to realism and less to fantasy. All of Gojis kaiju qualify for me.
Unless you mean creative like how Ultraman Red and blue or whatever their on now, have a bunch of power ranger villains as kaiju.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

_JNavs_ wrote:Yeah, I'm thinking kaijuified, so like incorporate something within their element into their design.

An electric eel similar to Manda in fighting. Just with electrical burns.

A whale that's blubber is made of stone

A giant gulper fish is kinda scary in its own right.

A sabertooth lion would be an absolute beast in an African climate.

I always preferred my stuff closer to realism and less to fantasy. All of Gojis kaiju qualify for me.
Unless you mean creative like how Ultraman Red and blue or whatever their on now, have a bunch of power ranger villains as kaiju.
Maybe, but to be fair, giant beasts aren't exactly "realistic" anyway.
I was thinking more something like a hybrid or super-evolved, you know.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

_JNavs_ wrote:A praying Mantis.
So a new version of Kamacuras?

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Make the kaiju memorable and imaginative...... but only go as far as the story demands.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

kingkevzilla88 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:A praying Mantis.
So a new version of Kamacuras?
Basically yeah lol, but closer to the tall green appearance of general Praying mantises

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I'd be down for a return by Kamacuras. I'd love to see a swarm like in Cerasini's Godzilla 2000, thousands of mantises of varying size rampaging through a city and just eating and ransacking everything in their path. That'd be a great major threat that prompts Godzilla to team up with other kaiju, maybe including some non-traditional 'allies' out of necessity.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

JAGzilla wrote:I'd be down for a return by Kamacuras. I'd love to see a swarm like in Cerasini's Godzilla 2000, thousands of mantises of varying size rampaging through a city and just eating and ransacking everything in their path. That'd be a great major threat that prompts Godzilla to team up with other kaiju, maybe including some non-traditional 'allies' out of necessity.
It's a cool idea, but in this day and age there's no doubt Godzilla would eventually destroy them all by himself. I mean, it's Kamacuras.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
JAGzilla wrote:I'd be down for a return by Kamacuras. I'd love to see a swarm like in Cerasini's Godzilla 2000, thousands of mantises of varying size rampaging through a city and just eating and ransacking everything in their path. That'd be a great major threat that prompts Godzilla to team up with other kaiju, maybe including some non-traditional 'allies' out of necessity.
It's a cool idea, but in this day and age there's no doubt Godzilla would eventually destroy them all by himself. I mean, it's Kamacuras.
I think with the proper execution Kamacuras could be worked into a major threat for Godzilla

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I'd love to see something similar to how spiders are born, where they all run about from an egg, just imagine that in the middle of the city, but instead of giant spiders pouring out, it's like a good amount of giant Kamacuras's

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Godzillian wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: It's a cool idea, but in this day and age there's no doubt Godzilla would eventually destroy them all by himself. I mean, it's Kamacuras.
I think with the proper execution Kamacuras could be worked into a major threat for Godzilla
Sure, I mean the largest and most powerful ones could be almost as dangerous as MUTOs, being physically similar. If there were, say, a dozen or more with that kind of power, plus dozens of more Showa style Kamacuras and thousands of little Meganula-level ones, they could be totally overwhelming for any individual kaiju.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

JAGzilla wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: It's a cool idea, but in this day and age there's no doubt Godzilla would eventually destroy them all by himself. I mean, it's Kamacuras.
Sure, I mean the largest and most powerful ones could be almost as dangerous as MUTOs, being physically similar. If there were, say, a dozen or more with that kind of power, plus dozens of more Showa style Kamacuras and thousands of little Meganula-level ones, they could be totally overwhelming for any individual kaiju.
Ah, that's fair. It'll be like Earth Defense Force :lol:

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

JAGzilla wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
way to many in that situation. Just keep it to a limited number and have one grow to a major threat

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I could see it going the outbreak route, taking over an entire city, with these Xenomorph sized Kamacuras's, the entire city is just this big horror infested apocalyptic city, where if someone tries to run from their hiding spot, they'd get snatched up like something from the mist and get dragged up the side of a building just to get devoured head first. I could picture like an orange tinge to the city, kinda like in the 2014 film.

Then have maybe 2 or 3 grow to Godzillas size or a bit smaller, and we find out it's because they spent their time eating humans near a radioactive power plant of some sort.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Godzillian wrote:
JAGzilla wrote:
Godzillian wrote: I think with the proper execution Kamacuras could be worked into a major threat for Godzilla
way to many in that situation. Just keep it to a limited number and have one grow to a major threat
Well, like I said, the point is that multiple kaiju would have to join forces to overcome the swarm. It's supposed to be over the top.