World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Post by Godzillian »

Anguirus'BiggestFan wrote:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:
Anguirus'BiggestFan wrote: I'm talking about the spinoff-somewhere-down-the-line thing, sorry I didn't mention that.
There’s not going to BE a Shin Godzilla spin-off because Anno already told the story he wanted to, the story’s resolve isn’t a cliffhanger, the unified human race must learn to stick together and live with Godzilla being present in their world. That’s it.
You’re not going to see Shin reawaken, or the 5th form drop off and run around, it’s done with.

And I assure you, Anguirus or any other Toho monster isn’t showing up in KOTM
Well, then. I think Ebirah AND Anguirus are in the film now.

Added in 2 minutes 11 seconds:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B12REtkl2KY
Anguirus is clearly, by nature, in the KOTM film.
Anguirus simply digs underground and pops out shell first too much for the monster to be something else.
Baragon can't make a mountain move like that, he's too small.

Added in 1 minute 18 seconds:
Notice how the dirt falls on something that appears to me as the head on the close left of the mountain.
It's not anguirus dude, you're going to be disappointed

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Also, there are these things called 'spoiler tags'. Maybe you guys should consider using them? Not everyone watched the trailer, and some people are trying to go in totally blind.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Anguirus'BiggestFan
Ronin

Post by Anguirus'BiggestFan »

Godzillian wrote:
PitchBlackProgress wrote: There’s not going to BE a Shin Godzilla spin-off because Anno already told the story he wanted to, the story’s resolve isn’t a cliffhanger, the unified human race must learn to stick together and live with Godzilla being present in their world. That’s it.
You’re not going to see Shin reawaken, or the 5th form drop off and run around, it’s done with.

And I assure you, Anguirus or any other Toho monster isn’t showing up in KOTM
Well, then. I think Ebirah AND Anguirus are in the film now.

Added in 2 minutes 11 seconds:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B12REtkl2KY
Anguirus is clearly, by nature, in the KOTM film.
Anguirus simply digs underground and pops out shell first too much for the monster to be something else.
Baragon can't make a mountain move like that, he's too small.

Added in 1 minute 18 seconds:
Notice how the dirt falls on something that appears to me as the head on the close left of the mountain.
It's not anguirus dude, you're going to be disappointed
They did say, "We must find all the titans."
And I do think that even if they don't mention a whole lot of them, that thing under the mountain isn't a Kamoeba like last time.
Anguirus should be included in the word "All" otherwise they're going to get some bad reviews. Jet Jaguar, is a little understandable because he has to be built by some crazy fun-land man. Anguirus is the second monster to appear in the Godzilla universe, and is mainly awoken by humans or other dominant species. I believe that the plot says the humans awake him again. If it isn't him, it's Jet Jaguar hauling that mountain up with all his might. The 2014 movie had a lot of leaks we dismissed that were true, and I don't believe they tweeted that an ankylosaur is coming, but I say they are making it happen. Baragon is NOT going to outrun Anguirus to the Monsterverse

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Given the monsters in KOTM, I want some obscure ones like Titanosaurus in addition to some new powerful enemy on like a Destroyah Calliber. Like something intentionally designed to be a big deal, even if it’s not an instant classic.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Anguirus'BiggestFan
Ronin

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Given the monsters in KOTM, I want some obscure ones like Titanosaurus in addition to some new powerful enemy on like a Destroyah Calliber. Like something intentionally designed to be a big deal, even if it’s not an instant classic.
The next movie is godzilla vs kong, so seeing a destroyah calliber villain after the credits of kotm is unlikely.
But I'm with you on both monsters, man. :arrow: :?:

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Given the monsters in KOTM, I want some obscure ones like Titanosaurus in addition to some new powerful enemy on like a Destroyah Calliber. Like something intentionally designed to be a big deal, even if it’s not an instant classic.
The next movie is godzilla vs kong, so seeing a destroyah calliber villain after the credits of kotm is unlikely.
I’m exclusively talking about anything Toho pumps out. If they bring back Godzilla, and don’t do a Shin follow up, I want a new strong monster that’s iconic and not Ghidorah. The last thing close to that was Orga. Prior to that, Destroyah and Spacegodzilla.

Mutos were cool and all, but they weren’t designed to be iconic or some big new thing, just a cool new monster that wouldn’t take all the focus away from Godzilla.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Anguirus'BiggestFan
Ronin

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
I’m exclusively talking about anything Toho pumps out. If they bring back Godzilla, and don’t do a Shin follow up, I want a new strong monster that’s iconic and not Ghidorah. The last thing close to that was Orga. Prior to that, Destroyah and Spacegodzilla.

Mutos were cool and all, but they weren’t designed to be iconic or some big new thing, just a cool new monster that wouldn’t take all the focus away from Godzilla.
My guess was that Legendary didn't have the money to license any monsters from toho at the time. -_-

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Legendary not having any money? Hahaha

I imagine that lisences to the other monsters aren’t hard or expensive to acquire once you’ve got Godzilla. Maybe Ghidorah and Mothra, could still be expensive but I couldn’t imagine anything else being bad.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:I imagine that lisences to the other monsters aren’t hard or expensive to acquire once you’ve got Godzilla. Maybe Ghidorah and Mothra, could still be expensive but I couldn’t imagine anything else being bad.
I don't know about these days, but I recall that in the '90s Toho charged equal rates for licensing any of their monsters.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I agree that we need a new Big Bad, ideally something Godzilla can't put down without help from an ally or two. Or failing that, Destoroyah and especially Spacegodzilla could both use a second shot at the spotlight. Orga has potential, too, but his movie was a bit more recent.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Shusuke Kaneko. Let him direct another film, even though Toho is wanting a shared universe they should still have every film have it's own feel.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Loganrules115
Interpol Agent

Post by Loganrules115 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Shusuke Kaneko. Let him direct another film, even though Toho is wanting a shared universe they should still have every film have it's own feel.
Ideally, we should have an ending to the Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla arc.
Planet X did nothing wrong. :xilien:

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Loganrules115 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Shusuke Kaneko. Let him direct another film, even though Toho is wanting a shared universe they should still have every film have it's own feel.
Ideally, we should have an ending to the Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla arc.
I honestly felt that arc ended. Masaaki Tezuka told his story (although I personally wouldn't mind him returning to some degree), Tokyo SOS felt complete with 54's soul being put to rest, and his son could stop trying to retrieve the bones. The end credits scene just showed that Godzilla and others could return if humanity didn't learn from its mistakes.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Obscure monsters!

And reuse Showa sounds! That's one of the things I loved from Shin.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

In this universe, I think Hedorah, Destoroyah, and Biollante would fit here perfectly.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

i somewhat agree, but don't use Godzilla's showa roars. they sound REALLY oudated and the other roars from that era aged better. reused the Heisei or 2000 roar for him.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

tyrantgoji wrote:

i somewhat agree, but don't use Godzilla's showa roars. they sound REALLY oudated and the other roars from that era aged better. reused the Heisei or 2000 roar for him.
Or at least make new variations of such.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I really want to see Gigan return as the big bad, he was so cool in the Showa series, caused Godzilla to bleed severely from his head and shoulder, He was awesome in Final Wars (With what little they showed of him) because he kinda gave like a planetary cyborg assassin vibe that could definitely work in a 1v1 or 1v2 type film, maybe they could even finally bring back Anguirus for a main film. What's so cool about Godzilla is the fact that he has so many arch-nemesis'(s?) comparable to the Joker/Batman dynamic. If the new universe could focus on the best of the best with some new ones along the way that'd be great.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Here’s a idea : I know it’s not exactly a who, but rather a what. What if a Godzilla film, or heck any Kaiju fiction in general starts to take note from contemporary zombie fiction? By that I mean repeated waves of Kaiju attacks will effect society the same way the media always depicts the zombie apocalypse doing so, by having civilization begin to crumble and people by the masses turn against their fellow man, becoming increasingly factionalized and letting go of their humanity in order to survive.

I’d say I nailed it.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Depends on what kind of Godzilla we get…

A sleek, ”badass”, physical (Godzilla 2004-esq.) ?
Gigan
Dogora
Orochi
Utsuno
Gabara
Jet Jaguar
Hedorah
Titanosaurs
King Caesar
Anguirus

A stiff tank, beam spam/ swatting (90’s Godzilla, G2K, Shin, Anime-esq) ?
Biollante
Kumonga
Rodan
Black Moth
Battra
Kamacuras
Dogora
Megalon
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking