World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

As most of you all know by now, Toho wants to develop their own "shared universe", where monsters like Godzilla and King Ghidorah can appear in a setting similar to how characters like Iron Man and the Hulk appear together in Marvel movies, which can lead to solo spin-off movies for certain monsters.
Instead of following the traditional formula of, say, "Shin Godzilla" being followed-up by an obvious "Shin Godzilla 2", they want to create a long-term Godzilla world.

So, who would you like to see get their own film in this "World of Godzilla"?
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Post by Ivo-goji »

I dunno if Anguirus can carry his own movie.

It would be really cool to finally see Anguirus and Godzilla team up once again though.

In terms of solo films, Mothra and Rodan are the kaiju I'm worried about.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

Say it again, but I will never surrender with this.

A King Ghidorah movie, with him against some advanced alien civilization.

I will seriously worship that movie if it happen, even if it's Godzilla's Revenge levels of trash (?)
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Here's who I would love to see get their own solo outings...

Rodan
Jet Jaguar
Hedorah
Mothra
King Caesar
King Ghidorah
Orga/Millennian Aliens
Gigan
Baby Godzilla
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Thu May 24, 2018 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

- Zone Fighter
- Gargantuans (they deserve it)
- SpaceGodzilla ( it could work....)
- Anguirus

Really the only ones I care about getting their own film, a Mothra film is probably going to happen.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

TheSecondComing
Futurian

Post by TheSecondComing »

Akira Takarada. An absolute must.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

TheSecondComing wrote:Akira Takarada. An absolute must.
M-11 needs his own spinoff, or that kid Ford saves on that train.
#slatternking

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:- Zone Fighter
- Gargantuans (they deserve it)
- SpaceGodzilla ( it could work....)
- Anguirus

Really the only ones I care about getting their own film, a Mothra film is probably going to happen.
Double on the Zone Fighter.

Varan needs more love as does Monster Island.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Varan could have the potential to be a top tier Godzilla monster if the right person decides to tackle him

Added in 1 minute 27 seconds:
Hedorah NEEDS his own spinoff.
#slatternking

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

An entire movie dedicated to the return of the proper transliteration of Angilas's name.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

Somebody just please do Varan justice he's such a great monster
why did i have to be the chosen one?

Wario94
Samurai

Post by Wario94 »

Um... have you seen this video by D Man1954?
eabaker wrote:An entire movie dedicated to the return of the proper transliteration of Angilas's name.
Not gonna happen. I believe the name Anguirus is more familiar name for many fans (and his official international name) more so than "Angilas".

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Wario94 wrote:
eabaker wrote:An entire movie dedicated to the return of the proper transliteration of Angilas's name.
Not gonna happen. I believe the name Anguirus is more familiar name for many fans (and his official international name) more so than "Angilas".
Way to give a serious reply to a joke.

If I must defend my pointless point, though, then considering that once upon a time Angilas was the spelling fans knew (I specify spelling, because there's virtually no difference in pronunciation), and Anguirus was able to supplant that, I see no reason that the same process couldn't happen in reverse, were Toho to change their obnoxious official designation.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

On a serious note, I think Toho needs to expand to other countries besides just the traditional Asian markets. They sorta did that with Shin Godzilla. These need to be released in China to get maximum revenue. If Legendary is done with the MonsterVerse, then get involved with.. maybe Warner Brothers for some kind of 1000-1500 theater limited style release here.

My point is, this universe won't survive on the traditional ways Toho released the films in the past. We've heard they're interested in other countries, so I think a Toho/China co produced "Godzilla World" makes the most sense. Unless of course they plan to sell every film to Netflix... Which in my opinion is a copout.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

I think Anguirus could hold his own movie. It could be similar to his Godzilla: Legends issue and be an underdog story.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Wario94 wrote:Um... have you seen this video by D Man1954?
No, and we don't want to.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Fri May 25, 2018 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
#slatternking

Wario94
Samurai

Post by Wario94 »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
Wario94 wrote:Um... have you seen this video by D Man1954?
No, and we don't want to.
Why not?

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

^ Because this kid isn't telling us anything we don't already know? Because like all of his shit-videos, he's just stating the obvious?
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Fri May 25, 2018 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#slatternking

Jomei
Futurian

Post by Jomei »

King Shisa.

The character has a built-in basic story structure, and you can pretty much do whatever you like with him since he only has one film. Plus, being in Okinawa already separates him from the rest of Japan, giving some space for him to fight against threats advancing from the southern seas.
Last edited by Jomei on Fri May 25, 2018 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XxHeiseifanxX wrote:Can we lower age limit! There are TOO MANY HEISEI HATERS!!!
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pmWhat? Is this a joke? What gonna on here?
♡ Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin!♡
Challenge me to a Pokémon battle

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I like Hybrid Network’s network idea of Bagan being set up as a Thanos-analogue in this upcoming cinematic universe.