The future of Godzilla anime

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, the Godzilla anime trilogy and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Mr_Goji_and_Watch
G-Force Lieutenant

Re: The future of Godzilla anime

Postby Mr_Goji_and_Watch » Thu May 16, 2019 9:34 pm

Lol, AOT has some actual elements that seem pretty bad, but I can't say for sure since I can't be bothered to get into the series.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Thu May 16, 2019 9:42 pm

LegendZilla wrote:Is Attack on Titan nationalistic in nature? I have not yet gotten around to binging the show.

In a sense. A lot of the imagery and politics in the show come from those types of views and the creator was caught sympathizing with an Imperial Army officer. I'd rather not have him do anything related to Godzilla.

Also...if you haven't seen the show why on Earth would you recommend the creator to do something?

LegendZilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby LegendZilla » Thu May 16, 2019 9:43 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:Is Attack on Titan nationalistic in nature? I have not yet gotten around to binging the show.

In a sense. A lot of the imagery and politics in the show come from those types of views and the creator was caught sympathizing with an Imperial Army officer. I'd rather not have him do anything related to Godzilla.

Also...if you haven't seen the show why on Earth would you recommend the creator to do something?

He created a franchise that deals with humans being attacked by giant monsters. It should go together as well as bread and butter.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Thu May 16, 2019 9:44 pm

Pretty piss logic there.

LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Sun May 19, 2019 10:43 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:Pretty piss logic there.

Yeah, I`d rather have someone who writes interesting plots and characters develop an anime rather then just because `there`s giant monsters`. Anno wasnt just picked because his work had giant monsters, he was picked because he wrote some really interesting ideas and characters. He had a flair for style and vision. While people take issue with the anime trilogy the same can be said for Urobutchi.

Get someone like Masaaki Yuasa or Hiroyuki Imaishi to do something with Godzilla anime. Don`t get people who just include giant monsters in their works.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

Vakanai
JXSDF Technician

Postby Vakanai » Mon May 20, 2019 4:52 am

Flip Flappers. Whoever is responsible for that anime gets my vote, what a gem!
Second place is whoever did World Conquest Zvezda Plot, or whoever did Shimoneta: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn't Exist. Either one.
Finally the people behind Kill la Kill.

Any of the people responsible for anime of that caliber has my faith to tackle Godzilla.
Always, *always* proofread, typos are Hedorah.
If you discover you have made a typo, *always* correct it.
Trust me.

Godzilla vs Kong: Kong won't die. He might win, he might lose, but he will survive.

Some netiquette:
1. If you don't want to be rude, *ask* me before you sig me.

Cookson
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Cookson » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:04 pm

Toho definitely needs to get back in the game with more anime films. I think a Godzilla film in the style of Evangelion would be perfect. Hell get Anno to helm the films... but I know it’s extremely hard getting that guy to keep his projects on track.

It’s a wasted form in Japan with Kaiju films etc. I think it would be a great way to get Gamera going again. Who will do it first?
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

shadowgigan
Samurai

Postby shadowgigan » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:20 pm

I can usually move past things like this, but the framerate issues really took me out of the last serious. I think they should forgo the CG in favor of a more traditional animation style.
Actual signature from TK/Gojistomp, Circa 2005

Godzillian
Kwaidan

Postby Godzillian » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:59 am

I'd like traditional 2D but chances are they'd throw in CGI.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Postby Gawdziller1954 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:30 pm

I would actually be cool with Hajime Isayama doing a Horror style Godzilla manga/anime.
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Stump Feet
Futurian

Postby Stump Feet » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:55 am

I’d pay good money to have Junji Ito write a Godzilla anime :lol:
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

tyrantgoji
Futurian

Postby tyrantgoji » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:47 am

i say if we get more G-Anime, it needs more than three films. Sure Gamera has proved that three films is enough for a good story but Godzilla has so much lore it's hard to put that into a trilogy and some prequel novels. we need more of a Hexalogy for him.

ManuJM1997
JXSDF Technician

Postby ManuJM1997 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:15 am

Stump Feet wrote:I’d pay good money to have Junji Ito write a Godzilla anime :lol:

That would basically be Shin on steroids

And probs would end with Godzilla wiping out Humanity in the end
JesstrK wrote:
gottatalktothefake wrote:Ahhh the Godzilla vs Kong thread, my favorite place to discuss A Quiet Place

I know, right? There's like a whole page dedicated to it! I sure am glad I stumbled into the Godzilla vs Kong thread out of idle curiosity, I was beginning to think I'd never find a place to talk about A Quiet Place. Maybe they should just cancel GvK altogether so we can all go see A Quiet Place 2 and discuss that here come March 2020?

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Postby Gawdziller1954 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:21 am

Stump Feet wrote:I’d pay good money to have Junji Ito write a Godzilla anime :lol:

DRRR....DRRR...DRRR...
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Stump Feet
Futurian

Postby Stump Feet » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:23 am

ManuJM1997 wrote:

That would basically be Shin on steroids

And probs would end with Godzilla wiping out Humanity in the end

I would expect animal rights activists protesting against the military engaging Godzilla only for them to all somehow mutate or die from extreme radiation exposure :lol:
Last edited by Stump Feet on Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

Return to “Reiwa Era (2015-Present)”