The future of Godzilla anime

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The future of Godzilla anime

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:Hope there's a shonen with blood and guts and BOOBS that'd be cool as f*ck who's with me
Blood-C fans be like
Holy shit that was the worst anime I’ve ever seen.

People knock the anime trilogy a lot, for some valid reasons, but no one can deny that they treated Godzilla and the franchise with respect.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Blood-C fans be like
Holy poop that was the worst anime I’ve ever seen.

People knock the anime trilogy a lot, for some valid reasons, but no one can deny that they treated Godzilla and the franchise with respect.
I learned about it from video essay on bad writing :lol:

Yeah, they definitely treated Godzilla and the mythos with respect. Upon a few rewatches I find little tidbits and easter eggs. Not to mention PE making everything come full cirlce.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Blood-C fans be like
Holy poop that was the worst anime I’ve ever seen.

I learned about it from video essay on bad writing :lol:

Yeah, they definitely treated Godzilla and the mythos with respect. Upon a few rewatches I find little tidbits and easter eggs. Not to mention PE making everything come full cirlce.
I agree. Even if I feel like it didn't work as a very good Godzilla anime, that doesn't mean it wasn't good at all. They still got the basics of Godzilla down pat and did some unique things with the mythos.

There are far worse contenders for both worst anime and worst kaiju film, and as we all know, Blood-C is just the tip of the iceberg. :facepalm:
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

xolta
GPN Volunteer

Post by xolta »

After the absolute dumpster fire that is the polygon pictures anime trilogy. It be best to give it to people who would do the series justice rathe the the jokers who made the recent anime movies. Maybe some one like bones or mad house.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^I’m in the position that Godzilla deserves one more chance in anime form. Why should the IP get unlimited chances in live action regardless of how many fuck-ups there’s been?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Literally nothing has said Godzilla won't get another go in an anime. Like everything else it'll happen again, no different than a new video game eventually coming about.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

While the trilogy was absolutely rotten eggs imo, I'd love to see a Godzilla Anthology show with different art styles per episode, similar to Love+Death+Robots on Netflix
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Literally nothing has said Godzilla won't get another go in an anime. Like everything else it'll happen again, no different than a new video game eventually coming about.
Well, nothing aside from the Japanese box office, that is...
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9Rq ... r78nzbs-FQ

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Gojirawars 03 wrote:Well, nothing aside from the Japanese box office, that is...
The three films were limited releases and it was known beforehand they would premiere on Netflix just three months later. Don't think it has any bearing on judging the anime's success lol
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

kamilleblu
G-Grasper

Post by kamilleblu »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:
Gojirawars 03 wrote:Well, nothing aside from the Japanese box office, that is...
The three films were limited releases and it was known beforehand they would premiere on Netflix just three months later. Don't think it has any bearing on judging the anime's success lol
This. The anime trilogy was not the box office disaster people seem to think it was. Disappointments at the worst. Unlike other Godzilla movies, they weren't general releases and only one of them received anything resembling normal advertisement. The decision to put them into theaters was a way to make some extra money on the Netflix deal. The costs were covered before the public even saw them. And, unless I'm mistaken, Planet of the Monsters did quite well in the home video market. I'm not sure about the other two. Also, it's worth noting that the first three Heisei films were box office disappointments as well.

Wario94
Samurai

Post by Wario94 »

I have an idea: what if Toho could create a Godzilla anime film (not the already exist trilogy, of course) which is actually a hybrid between live action and animation in which the humans (and many scenes) are all animated while the monsters (and the other scenes) are all live action special effects in the very similar way to the 1970s TV show Izenborg: The Great Dinosaur War.
So, what do you think?

gojizillakong
Samurai

Post by gojizillakong »

Let Bones animate it. Mob Psycho 100's animation is phenomenal.

Shadd21
Samurai

Post by Shadd21 »

gojizillakong wrote:Let Bones animate it. Mob Psycho 100's animation is phenomenal.
or Studio Trigger

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

The anime films have their own section on the new official website. I don’t think Toho wants this media of Godzilla to be remembered by with these 3 films. Yes, they certainly made money/profit but it was definitely a wasted opportunity.

I can see Toho diving back into more anime films sometime after Godzilla vs Kong. Sort of “side” movies alongside the main “Godzilla World” universe films.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Cookson wrote:The anime films have their own section on the new official website. I don’t think Toho wants this media of Godzilla to be remembered by with these 3 films. Yes, they certainly made money/profit but it was definitely a wasted opportunity.
Think it's more of a "they're separated because they're in a different medium" thing rather than Toho trying to distance themselves from the movies lol
Last edited by Mr_Goji_and_Watch on Thu May 16, 2019 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Does anyone think that the team behind Attack on Titan the anime along with original manga author Hajime Iseyama could team up to do a Godzilla anime series?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

LegendZilla wrote:Does anyone think that the team behind Attack on Titan the anime along with original manga author Hajime Iseyama could team up to do a Godzilla anime series?
Fuck no.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

UltramanGoji wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:Does anyone think that the team behind Attack on Titan the anime along with original manga author Hajime Iseyama could team up to do a Godzilla anime series?
skreeonk no.
As long as Gen Urobochi (correct spelling?) doesn’t get involved, I’d cling on to chance it would work.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

LegendZilla wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
skreeonk no.
As long as Gen Urobochi (correct spelling?) doesn’t get involved, I’d cling on to chance it would work.
I'd rather not have another round of "Nationalist Godzilla???" again, thanks.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

UltramanGoji wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
skreeonk no.
I'd rather not have another round of "Nationalist Godzilla???" again, thanks.
Is Attack on Titan nationalistic in nature? I have not yet gotten around to binging the show.