Did Monster Planet ruin other Godzilla movies for you?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
jackzilla
Interpol Agent

Re: Did Monster Planet ruin other Godzilla movies for you?

Post by jackzilla »

No, why would it?
LONG LIVE THE KING

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

It's not meant to be a single film. It like complaining how Fellowship of the Ring sucked because they never made it to Mount Doom to destroy the ring.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

If Godzilla's Revenge couldn't ruin other Godzilla movies for me, then no way this film could.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

The fact that this thread even exists makes me laugh hysterically :lol:
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Eh, it was a little slow and dull in parts, but when that bigger Godzilla showed up and wrecked everything, man, I definitely want to see the other two movies now that the setup is all over.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

What a strange topic... not really no. Just because the anime films suck doesn't mean the other ones should be weighed down because of it.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

NBG2
Samurai

Post by NBG2 »

Nah, 2014 did.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

tyrantgoji wrote:What a strange topic... not really no. Just because the anime films suck doesn't mean the other ones should be weighed down because of it.
I think the OP was referring to the size of Godzilla, not the height.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

No.

Star Wars credits roll.
For Emperor and Empire!

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

I.. Don't remember ever seeing him next to buildings. Hard to get a sense of scale next to trees.

Those movies were mediocre anyway and I try not to remember them.

I think there's such thing as too big. I think Shin made him too big tbh.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

Nope, I did the opposite. I now, appreciate every other Godzilla movie every more.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote: I think there's such thing as too big. I think Shin made him too big tbh.
Eh I don't get that. I mean they made him even bigger in King of the Monsters and they're both still smaller than Destroyah or Space Godzilla.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Jeff. Why.

RIP Evan.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Jeff. Why.
I mean, Jeff's made his fair share of odd topics. He's just got a nicely strange imagination is all.

Although, i think him pushing that the explosion in Godzilla's cave from KOTM was a metaphor for Mark's boner was kinda pushing it.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

tyrantgoji wrote:
I mean, Jeff's made his fair share of odd topics. He's just got a nicely strange imagination is all.

Although, i think him pushing that the explosion in Godzilla's cave from KOTM was a metaphor for Mark's boner was kinda pushing it.
...Wut?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Living Corpse wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:

...Wut?
He said the explosion kinda... made it look like an erection, and it also had something to do with him holding Ziyi Zang's characters hand and that he loved her idfk

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

tyrantgoji wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:

...Wut?
He said the explosion kinda... made it look like an erection, and it also had something to do with him holding Ziyi Zang's characters hand and that he loved her idfk

WUT?!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

JEFF. WHY.

RIP Evan.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

No...it just lowered the average quality of the franchise....just as every new great entry sort of elevates the franchise as a whole(love me some Shin Godzilla and Godzilla: King of the Monsters)...any entry that isn't so good sort of lowers the average. The entire Anime Trilogy was an "interesting attempt" and isn't without some value....but if you simply boil it down to a 'pass' or 'fail'....I'd have to say that trilogy failed.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Chrispy_G wrote:No...it just lowered the average quality of the franchise....just as every new great entry sort of elevates the franchise as a whole(love me some Shin Godzilla and Godzilla: King of the Monsters)...any entry that isn't so good sort of lowers the average. The entire Anime Trilogy was an "interesting attempt" and isn't without some value....but if you simply boil it down to a 'pass' or 'fail'....I'd have to say that trilogy failed.
Film franchises aren't number sets. Why does 'average quality' matter? The quality of City on the Edge of Battle has no bearing whatsoever on the quality of any other film in the franchise. Gojira is a good film, Godzilla vs. Spacegodzilla is a bad film, Godzilla's Revenge is unfairly shat upon, and all of this is as true/untrue now as it was before the Anime Trilogy was made.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio