Breakdown of differences between versions?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Demiurge
Ronin

Breakdown of differences between versions?

Post by Demiurge »

Apologies in case this belongs in another, already existing thread, but I wonder if any kind and knowledgeable soul here knows and could list all the visual differences between v1.0 (the Japanese theatrical version, which has been released on home video in Hong Kong and the UK) and v2.0 (the Japanese home video version, which is the default home version in most countries where the film has been released AFAIK)?

The most widely known ones are the added heat exhaustion from the helicopters and a replaced close-up of Godzilla's head, but I've seen some claim there are more instances of updated/polished VFX - however, I can't find any lists, videos or whatever that actually detail what those alterations are, if they do indeed exist. So I would be very grateful if someone could clear this up for me!

G-Matt
Futurian

Re: Breakdown of differences between versions?

Post by G-Matt »

I think the booklet on the Japanese Blu-ray release has a list of all the changes, but since I'm not fluent in Japanese, I can't tell what the others are aside from the aforementioned two.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

Here.

PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

Demiurge
Ronin

Post by Demiurge »

G-Matt wrote:I think the booklet on the Japanese Blu-ray release has a list of all the changes, but since I'm not fluent in Japanese, I can't tell what the others are aside from the aforementioned two.
Interesting. If that is the case, then you'd think someone out there who has the Japanese release would be able to translate.
goji1986 wrote:Here.
Spoiler:
Yes, those are the changes I mentioned in the original post; I'm wondering if there are any additional alterations. I've seen people claim there are, but haven't seen any visual proof to confirm it.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

I'm not completely sure, but I think there may have been some mention of some of the on-screen captions being revised. I don't recall where exactly I heard that or what led me to that conclusion but I think I heard something to that effect.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

Great Hierophant
Interpol Agent

Post by Great Hierophant »

The U.S. home video release of Shin Godzilla does not have Japanese captions. I assume its based off the 2.0 version.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Great Hierophant wrote:The U.S. home video release of Shin Godzilla does not have Japanese captions. I assume its based off the 2.0 version.
It is indeed.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Jomei
Futurian

Post by Jomei »

In the US version, Kong wins.
XxHeiseifanxX wrote:Can we lower age limit! There are TOO MANY HEISEI HATERS!!!
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pmWhat? Is this a joke? What gonna on here?
♡ Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin!♡
Challenge me to a Pokémon battle

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Jomei wrote:In the US version, Kong wins.
Topkek.jpg
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Relair
Monsterland Worker

Post by Relair »

Huh, I didnt even know there were changes. Fascinating! Nothing huge but its still neat to see.