GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, the Godzilla anime trilogy and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
User avatar
Showa Gyaos
Keizer
Posts: 8543
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:06 pm
Location: West Virginia

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby Showa Gyaos » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:09 pm

I'm curious to know if there's any mention about which monsters Godzilla specifically kills.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.


Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

User avatar
MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5433
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:02 pm
Location: Black Hole Planet 3
Contact:

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:26 pm

GigaBowserG wrote:I'm still wondering about SpaceGodzilla, he wasn't on the timeline, and I don't believe I've seen him named in the book yet.

To be honest, this kinda furthers my theory in that SpaceGodzilla will be the main antagonist of this trilogy, perhaps revealed in the next film.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

User avatar
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President
Posts: 4746
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:25 am

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby GigaBowserG » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:14 pm

Showa Gyaos wrote:I'm curious to know if there's any mention about which monsters Godzilla specifically kills.


Oh, undoubtedly.

Spoiler:
I believe they mention Gorosaurus being offed by the Super-XII, the Zilla colony being taken out by G-Force, and G-HED eliminating a group of Rodan. So if Godzilla gets any kills, I'm sure they'd say.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

User avatar
Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10266
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby Living Corpse » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:26 pm

GigaBowserG wrote:
Showa Gyaos wrote:I'm curious to know if there's any mention about which monsters Godzilla specifically kills.


Oh, undoubtedly.

Spoiler:
I believe they mention Gorosaurus being offed by the Super-XII, the Zilla colony being taken out by G-Force, and G-HED eliminating a group of Rodan. So if Godzilla gets any kills, I'm sure they'd say.


*Cue Zilla fans raging. AGAIN*
Image

User avatar
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President
Posts: 4746
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:25 am

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby GigaBowserG » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:55 pm

Living Corpse wrote:*Cue Zilla fans raging. AGAIN*


He actually does extremely well.

Spoiler:
In Zilla's chapter, the commanding general gives some details on just how troublesome Zilla is. In their first encounter, they're able to dispatch one with just Maser cannons and rail guns. But Zilla's greatest strength is "its fertility". The general's unsure if they're hermaphrodite creatures, but she's aware that they have the ability to reproduce asexually.

"The big ones are dangerous, but the young are more troublesome. They are intelligent and act in herds. [...] The young [Zilla] would act as decoys to lure tanks into traps, where the adult [Zilla] would attack from the tops of buildings. While the adult is small compared to Godzilla, its smaller, more agile body made it a serious threat in urban areas. It wasn't just in Rouen. Several cities in France were nests to these guys. It was more difficult to free the cities overrun by Zilla than any other monster. If one young survives, no, if you leave even just an egg, they'll just start breeding all over again."
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

User avatar
Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10266
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby Living Corpse » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:07 pm

GigaBowserG wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:*Cue Zilla fans raging. AGAIN*


He actually does extremely well.

Spoiler:
In Zilla's chapter, the commanding general gives some details on just how troublesome Zilla is. In their first encounter, they're able to dispatch one with just Maser cannons and rail guns. But Zilla's greatest strength is "its fertility". The general's unsure if they're hermaphrodite creatures, but she's aware that they have the ability to reproduce asexually.

"The big ones are dangerous, but the young are more troublesome. They are intelligent and act in herds. [...] The young [Zilla] would act as decoys to lure tanks into traps, where the adult [Zilla] would attack from the tops of buildings. While the adult is small compared to Godzilla, its smaller, more agile body made it a serious threat in urban areas. It wasn't just in Rouen. Several cities in France were nests to these guys. It was more difficult to free the cities overrun by Zilla than any other monster. If one young survives, no, if you leave even just an egg, they'll just start breeding all over again."


I'm fine with that. Zilla works better as a plague threat than as a singular threat.
Image

User avatar
Monster X
Interpol Agent
Posts: 582
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:33 am

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby Monster X » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:11 am

When someone gets the time, could they please post the general information about each of the monsters.
Image

User avatar
MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5433
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:02 pm
Location: Black Hole Planet 3
Contact:

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:58 pm

Wow, they made Zilla a badass. (Well all of them I suppose) Neat.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

User avatar
SpaceG92
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager
Posts: 8935
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:33 am
Location: Southern California
Contact:

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby SpaceG92 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:29 pm

It's not about the characters being bad ass, t's about competent and engaging writing. Which the book seems to have done with Zilla. Props to them.

User avatar
Cookson
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2805
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:06 am

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby Cookson » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:30 pm

Wow, more life brought to Zilla. Big props to Toho.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

User avatar
cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff
Posts: 1180
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:55 am

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby cloverfan98 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:03 pm

GigaBowserG wrote:
Showa Gyaos wrote:I'm curious to know if there's any mention about which monsters Godzilla specifically kills.


Oh, undoubtedly.

Spoiler:
I believe they mention Gorosaurus being offed by the Super-XII, the Zilla colony being taken out by G-Force, and G-HED eliminating a group of Rodan. So if Godzilla gets any kills, I'm sure they'd say.


Who's posting all this info about the book and where? I want a translation so bad. I really want to read this book.

User avatar
Godzillian
Kwaidan
Posts: 5788
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby Godzillian » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:24 pm

It seems like they're really trying to make each kaiju a threat in a different way
Image

User avatar
Cybermat47
Interpol Agent
Posts: 555
Joined: Tue May 09, 2017 10:21 pm
Location: NSW, Australia

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby Cybermat47 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:33 am

GigaBowserG wrote:
Showa Gyaos wrote:I'm curious to know if there's any mention about which monsters Godzilla specifically kills.


Oh, undoubtedly.

Spoiler:
I believe they mention Gorosaurus being offed by the Super-XII, the Zilla colony being taken out by G-Force, and G-HED eliminating a group of Rodan. So if Godzilla gets any kills, I'm sure they'd say.


Spoiler:
A Zilla colony? A group of Rodan?!

They weren't exaggerating in the slightest when they called the film Planet of the Monsters.
Image

User avatar
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President
Posts: 4746
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:25 am

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby GigaBowserG » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:41 am

cloverfan98 wrote:
GigaBowserG wrote:Oh, undoubtedly.

Spoiler:
I believe they mention Gorosaurus being offed by the Super-XII, the Zilla colony being taken out by G-Force, and G-HED eliminating a group of Rodan. So if Godzilla gets any kills, I'm sure they'd say.


Who's posting all this info about the book and where? I want a translation so bad. I really want to read this book.


These're mine :) (Someone requested me to look into the Zilla-Gorosaurus chapter to see what happened.)
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

User avatar
Cookson
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2805
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:06 am

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby Cookson » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:52 am

Just imagine if Toho made a anime show showcasing these events from the book. That would be amazing... And possibly the greatest Godzilla "universe".
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

User avatar
Nairbzilla
Yojimbo
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:13 am
Location: Planet X

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby Nairbzilla » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:26 am

Was there ever a Shin Godzilla novelization?
"A fandom divided against itself cannot stand."

~Abraham Lincoln, if he was a Godzilla fan

User avatar
Godzillian
Kwaidan
Posts: 5788
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby Godzillian » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:30 am

Hopefully we get translations of the other kaiju stories soon! It would be cool if this gets turned into a manga at some point
Image

User avatar
SpaceG92
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager
Posts: 8935
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:33 am
Location: Southern California
Contact:

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby SpaceG92 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:51 am

Cookson wrote:Just imagine if Toho made a anime show showcasing these events from the book. That would be amazing... And possibly the greatest Godzilla "universe".

Hell, i'd be down with a 10/12 (however much you want) motion comic style series on YT. At this point, I'll take anything :P

Nairbzilla wrote:Was there ever a Shin Godzilla novelization?

Not that i'm aware of no.

User avatar
OGMechaMothra
Samurai
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:45 am

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby OGMechaMothra » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:17 am

I am so excited about the Zilla. Hope these Kaiju aren't dead forever in this universe. This all sounds amazing!!

User avatar
SonofAnguirus
Ronin
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:26 am
Location: Monster Island

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby SonofAnguirus » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:50 am

GigaBowserG wrote:
cloverfan98 wrote:Who's posting all this info about the book and where? I want a translation so bad. I really want to read this book.
These're mine :) (Someone requested me to look into the Zilla-Gorosaurus chapter to see what happened.)
If you have the time and the inclination, any further information would be fantastic. This book sounds amazing! It's too bad we're unlikely to see a translated edition go up for sale.
Last edited by SonofAnguirus on Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.


Return to “Reiwa Era (2015-Present)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests