GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Post by Destorogoji »

King of the Monsters wrote:Anguirus IV appeared from the ocean in Los Angeles in 2030 alongside Baragon II and Varan II, only for all three to be quickly killed by Godzilla.
Holy shit, Is that a Godzilla X Varan, Baragon and Anguirus reference?

Added in 8 minutes 15 seconds:
Living Corpse wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:Again, was there any hint of Mothra? I heard there's reference to Mothra's existence.
I think someone said her presence is hinted at, like things that feel too much like a coincidence to be just a coincidence, basically a higher power pulling strings behind the scenes but doesn't actually show up. They might be saving her actual appearance for the movies.
That's so cool, having Mothra as a punishing god like her first appearance would be so awesome.

Added in 1 minute 29 seconds:
I'm so interested in this novel, I really can't wait for someone to translate it.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

Ghidrah23
Ronin

Post by Ghidrah23 »

Thanks for replying. It's just there is no way a giant walrus annihilated an entire nation. But wait, Kamacuras and Dogora, two obscure kaiju with unnoticed physical feats, caused millions of casualties.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Ghidrah23 wrote:Thanks for replying. It's just there is no way a giant walrus annihilated an entire nation. But wait, Kamacuras and Dogora, two obscure kaiju with unnoticed physical feats, caused millions of casualties.
It's easy when the country is on the brink of collapse

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Maguma's actually a fun case.
Maguma attacked and destroyed North Korea in 2024, then began moving south and approaching Seoul, South Korea. The United States launched a tactical nuclear missile at Maguma and destroyed it, marking the first use of a nuclear weapon against a kaiju.
He's the first kaiju the Earth used a Nuclear missile on.
Holy Hedorah, Is that a Godzilla X Varan, Baragon and Anguirus reference?
Yep.
TyrantGojira wrote:There’s no kill like overkill.
They succeed
Spoiler:
For a year, and then Godzilla blasts his way out of the hole. :lol:
Last edited by LamangoKaijura on Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Ghidrah23
Ronin

Post by Ghidrah23 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote: Megalon was credited as the monster that caused mankind to lose the continent of Africa. Megalon landed on the west coast of Africa in 2012 and crossed the continent, destroying several small nations along the way. Megalon returned in 2022 and destroyed the Republic of South Africa.
Skreeonk, that's better than what I expected! Thanks for the info.
The kaiju of this universe seem to be highly OP. Made humanity lost an entire continent? wow

Added in 2 minutes 37 seconds:
GigaBowserG wrote:
King of the Monsters wrote:Gabara: I had a difficult time translating this, but it sounds like Gabara was injured in an explosion and fell into a river and was eaten alive by crocodiles and piranhas. Gabara was only about 10 meters tall, so he was smaller than many of the other kaiju.
Last I heard, Gabara's appearance is alluded to being either a dream or hallucination by lead character Haruo. That would somewhat explain the smaller size, but don't really know many other details.
Too late to reply, but I would love it if the Gabara's section of the novel is about him persistently stalking and pursuing a single human until his apparent death by the explosion. Like a natural thriller movie

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

The kaiju of this universe seem to be highly OP. Made humanity lost an entire continent? wow
Well, Megalon wasn't the only one. There was the third Anguirus and the Griffon all appearing in Africa. Megalon just caused the most damage.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

This novel sounds so damn fun. Really wish it was being fully translated for US release.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

The book sounds like it's already much more interesting than anything we're gonna see in the actual trilogy. Would love to see concept art for these kaiju
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:The book sounds like it's already much more interesting than anything we're gonna see in the actual trilogy. Would love to see concept art for these kaiju
I know right? It is weird how the Gargantuas aren't included at all though. :eh:

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

LamangoKaijura wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:The book sounds like it's already much more interesting than anything we're gonna see in the actual trilogy. Would love to see concept art for these kaiju
I know right? It is weird how the Gargantuas aren't included at all though. :eh:
Shit you're right.

Ghidrah23
Ronin

Post by Ghidrah23 »

LamangoKaijura wrote:
It would be too much like AoT

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Ghidrah23 wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:
Except like, 70 times better. :lol:

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

LamangoKaijura wrote:
Ghidrah23 wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote: I know right? It is weird how the Gargantuas aren't included at all though. :eh:
Except like, 70 times better. :lol:
And not like AOT at all aside from them being humanoids
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

And only one half of them eats humans.

Ghidrah23
Ronin

Post by Ghidrah23 »

A little scenario:
We know that this Godzilla is highly OP and killed millions. Possibly the most powerful Godzilla ever. Now imagine if this nightmare appears in modern world, the first of January 2018, signaling the beginning of the age of monsters, and proceed to wreck some crap up and rising up the death toll. Will modern society take him very seriously? Will we start making dark humor memes based on him?

khornethekaiju
Samurai

Post by khornethekaiju »

Ghidrah23 wrote:A little scenario:
We know that this Godzilla is highly OP and killed millions. Possibly the most powerful Godzilla ever. Now imagine if this nightmare appears in modern world, the first of January 2018, signaling the beginning of the age of monsters, and proceed to wreck some crap up and rising up the death toll. Will modern society take him very seriously? Will we start making dark humor memes based on him?
probably both to be honest, i guarantee you there would be like, 4chan happening threads the entire time.
I am Become Death, The Destroyer of Worlds

Ghidrah23
Ronin

Post by Ghidrah23 »

khornethekaiju wrote:
Ghidrah23 wrote:A little scenario:
probably both to be honest, i guarantee you there would be like, 4chan happening threads the entire time.
But if the death toll is millions, I don't think they'll laugh about it like regular memes. And us kaiju fans will be hunted down like terrorists

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

People make Holocaust jokes, A-Bomb Jokes and 9/11 jokes among many more. You really think they wouldn't make a monster joke?
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae

Ghidrah23
Ronin

Post by Ghidrah23 »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:People make Holocaust jokes, A-Bomb Jokes and 9/11 jokes among many more. You really think they wouldn't make a monster joke?
I am well aware of that. But this is completely unprecedented at start. Wait, we, even the non Kaiju fan, have been dosed with this kind of thing since forever. We Gfans will definitely not taking this seriously...... as long as Godzilla is far away from our home or nations

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Ghidrah23 wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:People make Holocaust jokes, A-Bomb Jokes and 9/11 jokes among many more. You really think they wouldn't make a monster joke?
I am well aware of that. But this is completely unprecedented at start. Wait, we, even the non Kaiju fan, have been dosed with this kind of thing since forever. We Gfans will definitely not taking this seriously...... as long as Godzilla is far away from our home or nations
Nothing is sacred to assholes.

If we had to leave the planet because of Godzilla, assholes would still be making fun of it like it wasn't literally the most serious event in human history.