GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Post by miguelnuva »

SpaceGodzilla simply fit the role better than Ghidorah for this. It was hinted that events similar Godzilla happened before and with the name Godzilla Earth it only made since that eventually SpaceGodzilla would appear,
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

miguelnuva wrote:SpaceGodzilla simply fit the role better than Ghidorah for this. It was hinted that events similar Godzilla happened before and with the name Godzilla Earth it only made since that eventually SpaceGodzilla would appear,
I fail to see how Spacegodzilla is better than Ghidorah. Its said by the aliens they've seen other planets destroyed by kaiju, they never say that a Godzilla like kaiju has been seen before

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzillian wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:SpaceGodzilla simply fit the role better than Ghidorah for this. It was hinted that events similar Godzilla happened before and with the name Godzilla Earth it only made since that eventually SpaceGodzilla would appear,
I fail to see how Spacegodzilla is better than Ghidorah. Its said by the aliens they've seen other planets destroyed by kaiju, they never say that a Godzilla like kaiju has been seen before
They say they've seen something like Godzilla before or other events like Godzilla. Then with this incarnation being Godzilla Earth and battle with SpaceGodzilla sounded like it was being set up.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Only if it’s called “Godzilla Space”
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

King of the Monsters wrote:Regarding SpaceGodzilla, it may simply come down to Renji Oki being unable to find a way to work him into the novels, as he has admitted. It's entirely possible Toho decided that SpaceGodzilla existed in the universe and asked Oki to use him, but Oki just couldn't find a way to fit him in. In the same interview where he mentions Bagan, Oki says that he couldn't find a way to use SpaceGodzilla, but proposes a hypothetical scenario for a third novel where he would have SpaceGodzilla be a space monster who attacks the civilization established by the passengers of the Oratio.
Yeah, SpaceG, and like, DesGhidorah, would probably be the hardest to fit into the series story wise.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

miguelnuva wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
They say they've seen something like Godzilla before or other events like Godzilla. Then with this incarnation being Godzilla Earth and battle with SpaceGodzilla sounded like it was being set up.
When they said that they didn't mean Godzilla specifcally Like I said the aliens said that they have seen civilizations destroyed by kaiju just Like how Godzilla destroyed the humans.

Solia
Samurai

Post by Solia »

UltramanGoji wrote:I used to hate the "I wish it was SpaceGodzilla" argument but now I'm kind of in the same boat.

I'm getting kind of sick of new versions of the Big 5. The only exception is the Legendary films because that's a completely new playing field for the Big 5 and I'm very curious how they'll be portrayed in an American-made film. But these anime films? I can't help but think they'd be much better if they placed more one-shot kaiju in these roles.
Yes.
"Japan's filmmakers are really starting to perform a dick-waving contest as to who can make the weirdest and most untraditional Godzilla. First Anno turns him into the beef-jerky version of Hedorah and now Gen Urobuchi turns the character into his own incesteous lovechild with Biollante. I bet that next, we will have Godzilla get tuned into some sort of rogue A.I." - LegendZilla

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

UltramanGoji wrote:I used to hate the "I wish it was SpaceGodzilla" argument but now I'm kind of in the same boat.

I'm getting kind of sick of new versions of the Big 5. The only exception is the Legendary films because that's a completely new playing field for the Big 5 and I'm very curious how they'll be portrayed in an American-made film. But these anime films? I can't help but think they'd be much better if they placed more one-shot kaiju in these roles.
Pretty much how I feel.

Monsterverse is an exception cause hey it's the first time we'll see them done in a big budget Hollywood film and we were kind of robbed of that chance years ago with the G'98 debacle.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

A "Godzilla Space" completely made out of crystal would be really cool.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if in Planet Eater they have Godzilla “ascend” into a Space Godzilla (or Godzilla Space?) in order to defeat Ghidorah.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

^^^that would be cool.

I actually like this Ghidorah because it’s fresh enough, pretty much the only monsters to ever really constrict Godzilla were the Heisei KG and biollante. Having Ghidorahs necks be super long are awesome.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

From what I heard it was announced on Sept. 27th that there is a third tie in novel being made?
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

LamangoKaijura wrote:From what I heard it was announced on Sept. 27th that there is a third tie in novel being made?
Nope, just a novelization of Planet of the Monsters. Not even the same author.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Solia
Samurai

Post by Solia »

GigaBowserG wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:From what I heard it was announced on Sept. 27th that there is a third tie in novel being made?
Nope, just a novelization of Planet of the Monsters. Not even the same author.
Wow that's really disappointing
"Japan's filmmakers are really starting to perform a dick-waving contest as to who can make the weirdest and most untraditional Godzilla. First Anno turns him into the beef-jerky version of Hedorah and now Gen Urobuchi turns the character into his own incesteous lovechild with Biollante. I bet that next, we will have Godzilla get tuned into some sort of rogue A.I." - LegendZilla

King of the Monsters
Monarch Researcher

Post by King of the Monsters »

The author of the novelization seems to be aware people will be disappointed. When he introduced himself as the author on Twitter, he added "I'm sorry that I'm not Mr. Renji Oki."
Bureaucrat on Wikizilla. No, not Gojipedia.