GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Andrew the Gojifan
Monsterland Worker

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Post by Andrew the Gojifan »

Showa Gyaos wrote:Just had my question answered about Godzilla and how he
Spoiler:
kills other monsters. Apparently, Kamoebas's corpse washes ashore on Odo Island. At some point, Anguirus, Baragon, and Varan arrive, but they're notably wounded. It's revealed--quite dramatically when Varan is blasted by atomic breath and killed--that Godzilla was responsible for their injuries.
Also, about Godzilla's feats...
Spoiler:
He is O.P. as skreeonk in true anime fashion. Godzilla is hit with 150 nuclear bombs (not sure if this is a typo), and of course survives. He ends up destroying Los Angeles with a few blasts from his atomic breath. "One or two." His power is so destructive that the POTUS kills himself.
R.I.P Varan. Btw could the list be updated with the fates of the kaiju? Just a short "killed by Godzilla" would do.
Also, 150 nukes?! What the skreeonk?! Heisei Goji would have melted down like 10 times over!
Life is a Pay to Win rage game

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

All this information really make me excited for this film. Does anyone know how much Biollante is in the book? Would be curious to see her story in all this.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

King of the Monsters
Monarch Researcher

Post by King of the Monsters »

Japanese Wikipedia has been nice enough to give summaries of the kaiju's roles, so here's what happens to each of them to the best of my ability to translate:

Kamacuras: The first Kamacuras was killed by bunker buster bombs after attacking New York in 1999. By the 2030's numerous Kamacuras inhabited the U.S., along with Kumonga.

Dogora: Killed by spider venom being released from chemical plants in the UK and Europe in 2002 after it attacked London.

Kamoebas: At least four individuals appeared. The fourth Kamoebas washed ashore dead on Odo Island in 2030, and was the first evidence of the existence of Godzilla.

Rodan: The first Rodan attacked Beijing with the first Anguirus in 2005, but they were both killed by Hedorah. However, sometime later flocks of Rodan were present in Siberia and preyed upon refugees fleeing Europe.

Anguirus: The first Anguirus was killed by Hedorah along with Rodan in 2005. A second Anguirus attacked South Africa a year later, but its fate is unknown. A fourth Anguirus was killed by Godzilla in Los Angeles in 2030, along with Varan II and Baragon II.

Hedorah: Hedorah was a bioweapon created by the Chinese, but went out of control after it killed Rodan and Anguirus. It destroyed Beijing and Tianjin, then vanished after it consumed all pollutants in the area. It's safe to say Hedorah's fate is unknown.

Gabara: I had a difficult time translating this, but it sounds like Gabara was injured in an explosion and fell into a river and was eaten alive by crocodiles and piranhas. Gabara was only about 10 meters tall, so he was smaller than many of the other kaiju.

Dagahra: Dagahra attacked Australia in 2017, and was eventually fatally wounded by the Australian military and flew out to sea and died. However upon death he released a ton of Barems into Australian waters, which arguably caused more devastation than him.

Orga: Orga attacked Turkey in 2022. No details are given about his defeat, but it gives the impression that he was stopped.

Megalon: Megalon appeared in 2012 and destroyed several countries along the west coast of Africa. He returned in 2022 and completely destroyed South Africa. No details on his fate.

Griffon: Appeared in Cairo in 2021. They were seemingly defeated before they could reproduce and spread. Japanese Wikipedia says that this Griffon is meant to be the individual from Latitude Zero, which is consistent with the Japanese spelling of its name.

Gezora: Terrorized the Mediterranean in the late 2010's, hindering refugee movement out of Europe. Fate unknown.

Giant Octopus: Lived in the Pacific Ocean, and sank several fishing boats and transport vessels every year. Fate unknown.

Ganimes: Attacked American crab fishing boats in the Bering Sea. Fate unknown.

Manda: First appeared in the Atlantic in 2022 and terrorized it for years. He was finally destroyed by the Gotengo in the Strait of Dover 2039 as part of "Operation: Eternal Light," a mission to regain control of the Atlantic Ocean from the kaiju.

Varan: Multiple individuals appeared, but the second Varan was killed by Godzilla in Los Angeles in 2030.

Baragon: Same case as Varan. Multiple individuals appeared, but Baragon II was killed by Godzilla in LA in 2030.

Maguma: Destroyed North Korea in 2024 then moved into South Korea. Once Maguma approached Seoul, the U.S. launched a tactical nuke and killed him.

Kumonga: Lived alongside Kamacuras in the U.S. in the 2030's. No details on its fate or how many there were.

Megaguirus: No details yet.

Biollante: Appeared off the coast of Normandy in 2039 as "Operation: Eternal Light" was underway and took G-Force by surprise. She was defeated by Moguera when it burrowed into her roots and destroyed her "heart."

Zilla: When the first Zilla was killed it was misidentified by the French as Godzilla because it also was a bipedal creature with back fins and a long tail. Unfortunately Zilla was capable of asexual reproduction and quickly overran France, and frequently preyed upon refugees fleeing from Godzilla himself. Zilla was eventually wiped out by G-Force, but at great cost and difficulty.

Gorosaurus: Appeared in Paris after Godzilla destroyed it. Gorosaurus was killed by the combined efforts of G-Force and the Bilsards in 2039.

That's all I have so far. Keep in mind the translations are rough at best, and I'm sure some details aren't entirely accurate. Some of these details have been explored in greater depth already, and I'm sure others will do a better job than me at documenting all of this later.
Bureaucrat on Wikizilla. No, not Gojipedia.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

King of the Monsters wrote:Gabara: I had a difficult time translating this, but it sounds like Gabara was injured in an explosion and fell into a river and was eaten alive by crocodiles and piranhas. Gabara was only about 10 meters tall, so he was smaller than many of the other kaiju.
Last I heard, Gabara's appearance is alluded to being either a dream or hallucination by lead character Haruo. That would somewhat explain the smaller size, but don't really know many other details.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

That timeline actually sounds more interesting for an anime then the movie itself lol

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

So with Hedorah "vanishing," I think it would stand a chance at appearing again at some point, assuming it isn't dead. Possibly the same for Kumonga.

But it's weird to see most of these monsters being killed or fended off by humans.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Showa Gyaos wrote:So with Hedorah "vanishing," I think it would stand a chance at appearing again at some point, assuming it isn't dead. Possibly the same for Kumonga.

But it's weird to see most of these monsters being killed or fended off by humans.
It wouldn't be surprising if in the next two films some of the kaiju have their fates retconned.

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

Godzillian wrote:That timeline actually sounds more interesting for an anime then the movie itself lol
I have to agree with you there.

Shin Gabara
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shin Gabara »

Showa Gyaos wrote:But it's weird to see most of these monsters being killed or fended off by humans.
I kind of like that there seems to be great difficulty and outright danger in doing so.
. . .

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

If anything, it makes Godzilla seem even more dangerous. If us humans can kill all these monsters with extreme difficulty, it shows how powerful Godzilla is if we have to flee the planet.
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Basicly humanity can fight off any kaiju accept Godzilla who we are still powerless againts.

I see a couple of monsters have fates unknown so I feel those will return later in the trilogy.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Godzillian wrote:
Showa Gyaos wrote:So with Hedorah "vanishing," I think it would stand a chance at appearing again at some point, assuming it isn't dead. Possibly the same for Kumonga.

It wouldn't be surprising if in the next two films some of the kaiju have their fates retconned.
Yeah. That's also a possibility. :lol:
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Andrew the Gojifan wrote:
Also, 150 nukes?! What the skreeonk?! Heisei Goji would have melted down like 10 times over!

Or heal faster than can be damaged. Fire Rodan's radioactive storm repaired his damaged second brain in seconds like it was nothing.

Was hoping Biollante would survive, that is a monster that can take advantage of animation.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

Living Corpse wrote:Was hoping Biollante would survive, that is a monster that can take advantage of animation.
It could be possible that she survived in a similar manner to how she escaped her first battle with Godzilla, and that G-Force just mistakenly confirmed the kill.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Cybermat47 wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Was hoping Biollante would survive, that is a monster that can take advantage of animation.
It could be possible that she survived in a similar manner to how she escaped her first battle with Godzilla, and that G-Force just mistakenly confirmed the kill.
Yeah that is possible, first time watching that movie a lot of viewers would mistake it for dying.

Solia
Samurai

Post by Solia »

It's kinda crazy like godzilla final wars.
"Japan's filmmakers are really starting to perform a dick-waving contest as to who can make the weirdest and most untraditional Godzilla. First Anno turns him into the beef-jerky version of Hedorah and now Gen Urobuchi turns the character into his own incesteous lovechild with Biollante. I bet that next, we will have Godzilla get tuned into some sort of rogue A.I." - LegendZilla

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

I really hope Biollante shows up in one of the three films. I feel like we will only see Godzilla and the Servun in Monster Planet, but in the next two films we will just see a ton of monsters.
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

https://twitter.com/TIMETUNNEL3/status/ ... 2893871105

Small Video about the History of Kaiju on Earth in this timeline

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

After reading all of this, I gotta say this is one of the most terrifying apocalypses I’ve seen in fiction. I would love to see this adapted into a manga or brief anime series.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

TyrantGojira wrote:After reading all of this, I gotta say this is one of the most terrifying apocalypses I’ve seen in fiction. I would love to see this adapted into a manga or brief anime series.
Yes, please!!!
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn