GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Post by Showa Gyaos »

I'm curious to know if there's any mention about which monsters Godzilla specifically kills.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

GigaBowserG wrote:I'm still wondering about SpaceGodzilla, he wasn't on the timeline, and I don't believe I've seen him named in the book yet.
To be honest, this kinda furthers my theory in that SpaceGodzilla will be the main antagonist of this trilogy, perhaps revealed in the next film.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Showa Gyaos wrote:I'm curious to know if there's any mention about which monsters Godzilla specifically kills.
Oh, undoubtedly.
Spoiler:
I believe they mention Gorosaurus being offed by the Super-XII, the Zilla colony being taken out by G-Force, and G-HED eliminating a group of Rodan. So if Godzilla gets any kills, I'm sure they'd say.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

GigaBowserG wrote:
Showa Gyaos wrote:I'm curious to know if there's any mention about which monsters Godzilla specifically kills.
Oh, undoubtedly.
Spoiler:
I believe they mention Gorosaurus being offed by the Super-XII, the Zilla colony being taken out by G-Force, and G-HED eliminating a group of Rodan. So if Godzilla gets any kills, I'm sure they'd say.
*Cue Zilla fans raging. AGAIN*

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Living Corpse wrote:*Cue Zilla fans raging. AGAIN*
He actually does extremely well.
Spoiler:
In Zilla's chapter, the commanding general gives some details on just how troublesome Zilla is. In their first encounter, they're able to dispatch one with just Maser cannons and rail guns. But Zilla's greatest strength is "its fertility". The general's unsure if they're hermaphrodite creatures, but she's aware that they have the ability to reproduce asexually.

"The big ones are dangerous, but the young are more troublesome. They are intelligent and act in herds. [...] The young [Zilla] would act as decoys to lure tanks into traps, where the adult [Zilla] would attack from the tops of buildings. While the adult is small compared to Godzilla, its smaller, more agile body made it a serious threat in urban areas. It wasn't just in Rouen. Several cities in France were nests to these guys. It was more difficult to free the cities overrun by Zilla than any other monster. If one young survives, no, if you leave even just an egg, they'll just start breeding all over again."
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

GigaBowserG wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:*Cue Zilla fans raging. AGAIN*
He actually does extremely well.
Spoiler:
In Zilla's chapter, the commanding general gives some details on just how troublesome Zilla is. In their first encounter, they're able to dispatch one with just Maser cannons and rail guns. But Zilla's greatest strength is "its fertility". The general's unsure if they're hermaphrodite creatures, but she's aware that they have the ability to reproduce asexually.

"The big ones are dangerous, but the young are more troublesome. They are intelligent and act in herds. [...] The young [Zilla] would act as decoys to lure tanks into traps, where the adult [Zilla] would attack from the tops of buildings. While the adult is small compared to Godzilla, its smaller, more agile body made it a serious threat in urban areas. It wasn't just in Rouen. Several cities in France were nests to these guys. It was more difficult to free the cities overrun by Zilla than any other monster. If one young survives, no, if you leave even just an egg, they'll just start breeding all over again."
I'm fine with that. Zilla works better as a plague threat than as a singular threat.

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

When someone gets the time, could they please post the general information about each of the monsters.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Wow, they made Zilla a badass. (Well all of them I suppose) Neat.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

It's not about the characters being bad ass, t's about competent and engaging writing. Which the book seems to have done with Zilla. Props to them.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Wow, more life brought to Zilla. Big props to Toho.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

GigaBowserG wrote:
Oh, undoubtedly.
Spoiler:
Who's posting all this info about the book and where? I want a translation so bad. I really want to read this book.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

It seems like they're really trying to make each kaiju a threat in a different way

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

GigaBowserG wrote:
Oh, undoubtedly.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
A Zilla colony? A group of Rodan?!

They weren't exaggerating in the slightest when they called the film Planet of the Monsters.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

cloverfan98 wrote:
GigaBowserG wrote:Oh, undoubtedly.
Spoiler:
Who's posting all this info about the book and where? I want a translation so bad. I really want to read this book.
These're mine :) (Someone requested me to look into the Zilla-Gorosaurus chapter to see what happened.)
/crawls back under rock

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Just imagine if Toho made a anime show showcasing these events from the book. That would be amazing... And possibly the greatest Godzilla "universe".
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Nairbzilla
Samurai

Post by Nairbzilla »

Was there ever a Shin Godzilla novelization?
"A fandom divided against itself cannot stand."

~Abraham Lincoln, if he was a Godzilla fan

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Hopefully we get translations of the other kaiju stories soon! It would be cool if this gets turned into a manga at some point

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Cookson wrote:Just imagine if Toho made a anime show showcasing these events from the book. That would be amazing... And possibly the greatest Godzilla "universe".
Hell, i'd be down with a 10/12 (however much you want) motion comic style series on YT. At this point, I'll take anything :P
Nairbzilla wrote:Was there ever a Shin Godzilla novelization?
Not that i'm aware of no.

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

I am so excited about the Zilla. Hope these Kaiju aren't dead forever in this universe. This all sounds amazing!!

SonofAnguirus
Yojimbo

Post by SonofAnguirus »

GigaBowserG wrote:
cloverfan98 wrote: Who's posting all this info about the book and where? I want a translation so bad. I really want to read this book.
These're mine :) (Someone requested me to look into the Zilla-Gorosaurus chapter to see what happened.)
If you have the time and the inclination, any further information would be fantastic. This book sounds amazing! It's too bad we're unlikely to see a translated edition go up for sale.
Last edited by SonofAnguirus on Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.