GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
King of the Monsters
Monarch Researcher

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Post by King of the Monsters »

The author mentioned the Gargantuas in an interview, but he didn't feel right about using them without Frankenstein being involved in their origin. He also mentioned some other unused ideas. Originally he proposed having Gigan be a secret weapon developed by the Soviet Union in Siberia, and he would have a hammer on one arm and a sickle on the other. He also considered having Kiryu appear as a "prototype Mechagodzilla" that would battle Godzilla in the second novel, but the role ultimately went to Gigan.
Last edited by King of the Monsters on Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bureaucrat on Wikizilla. No, not Gojipedia.

TheInfiniteAeon
Monarch Researcher

Post by TheInfiniteAeon »

>Soviet Gigan with hammer and sickle

Someone make art of this please. Comrade Gigan!
In a post-Shin Godzilla world, the kaiju genre should, more than ever before, be held to standards of quality that are more than just "big monster go rawr". Don't act surprised when you get trash movies when your core audience asks for nothing but the bare minimum.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

King of the Monsters wrote:The author mentioned the Gargantuas in an interview, but he didn't feel right about using them without Frankenstein being involved in their origin. He also mentioned some other unused ideas. Originally he proposed having Gigan be a secret weapon developed by the Soviet Union in Siberia, and he would have a hammer on one arm and a sickle on the other. He also considered having Kiryu appear as a "prototype Mechagodzilla" that would battle Godzilla in the second novel, but the role ultimately went to Gigan.
Gargantuas could have fit easily. With out Frankenstein.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Solia
Samurai

Post by Solia »

GigaBowserG wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:So far, we even got the giant rats from Latitude Zero. But we're missing some major hitters, like Gaira and Sanda. Some make sense, like Space Godzilla not appearing, but Sanda and Gaira? Matango? Shockirus? Giant Sea Snake? Bat People? Hell, a troop of the Yetis from Half Human would be amazing too. I'm hoping these guys will be in Novel 3 if they plan it.
Unfortunately, the author mentioned in an article a couple months back that he had no plans for a 3rd novel; he felt the series wrapped up nicely with Project Mechagodzilla. However, if he did continue, he mentioned how he'd be interested in introducing a race of "Telegian" humans on... the moon, I think. Inspired by the 1960 movie, The Secret of the Telegian.
So no Space Godzilla then?
"Japan's filmmakers are really starting to perform a dick-waving contest as to who can make the weirdest and most untraditional Godzilla. First Anno turns him into the beef-jerky version of Hedorah and now Gen Urobuchi turns the character into his own incesteous lovechild with Biollante. I bet that next, we will have Godzilla get tuned into some sort of rogue A.I." - LegendZilla

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Damn, I guess SpaceGodzilla will be a mystery.........
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

So according to the author, novel 3 is a big if cause they're running low on giant monsters to consider. He's even considering dipping into kaijin.
"Human Vapor, H-Man, Matango" were mentioned along with Telegian https://wikizilla.org/wiki/Telegian
But there's also, Batmen, since everyone else from Latitude Zero co-stars came in.
Giant Sea Snake from KKE could be viable too.
Gaira and Sanda, how the hell haven't they been in the novels yet?
I doubt the kaiju from the Yamato Takeru will be in.
Anything related to Ghidorah may not be involved, since, yeah, he's gonna be visiting in 3rd film. But there's rumors that Novel Gorath was Monster X. So DesGhidorah, MechaKing Ghidorah, Dorats and any variant there of are most likely not gonna be involved.
Shockorius could be a swarm thing.
The Snowman could be cool too.
Kong and MechaniKong and Frankenstein don't need to apply.
But after re-reading some things these kaiju are still around it seems?
  • Multiple Kamacuras, and the sub species in Africa.
    Two Kamoebas
    Multiple Rodans
    Two Anguirus
    Hedorah
    Multiple Griffon
    Giant Octopus
    Ganimes
    1 Varan
    1 Baragon
    Multiple Kumonga and their smaller subspecies
    Megaguirus
    Multiple Zillas
    At least 2 Ebirah
    King Caesar
    Multiple Meganulon
    Multiple Meganula
    Multiple Giant Condor
    Destroyah 'J-MO7' is alive
    Giant Rats, multiple, alive
Though more Gorosaurus, Manda, Baragon, Varan, Anguirus, Kamoebas, ect could appear.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Damn, I guess SpaceGodzilla will be a mystery.........
A mystery that was namedropped by an unofficial news article no less
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

I'm fine with no third novel, the other 2 covered everything before and after the MC goes into space. Let the third film tie it all up and be the end of it all

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Godzillian wrote:I'm fine with no third novel, the other 2 covered everything before and after the MC goes into space. Let the third film tie it all up and be the end of it all
The only loose end I can think of is, whatever happened to the Oratio? A follow-up book showing what they may've come across, such as other "planet eaters" like Ghidorah out in action in space, would certainly shed some light on things. Guess there's always the chance this could be mentioned in the 3rd movie, though.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Gawdziller1954 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Damn, I guess SpaceGodzilla will be a mystery.........
A mystery that was namedropped by an unofficial news article no less
Well I'm still gonna cry :lol: :P
GigaBowserG wrote:
The only loose end I can think of is, whatever happened to the Oratio? A follow-up book showing what they may've come across, such as other "planet eaters" like Ghidorah out in action in space, would certainly shed some light on things. Guess there's always the chance this could be mentioned in the 3rd movie, though.
Yeah, I'm assuming that Ghidorah got to them, which could explain how he learns of humanity. I mean they have to explain why he comes to Earth.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

GojiraGuy2016
GPN Volunteer

Post by GojiraGuy2016 »

It's kinda strange that my Facebook initiative in asking Haikasoru for a translation never lift off...

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Godzillian wrote:I'm fine with no third novel, the other 2 covered everything before and after the MC goes into space. Let the third film tie it all up and be the end of it all
Uh what about the other monsters like Hedorah?

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

LamangoKaijura wrote:
Hedorah was in the first book. The other kaiju just got the short end this time

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

GojiraGuy2016 wrote:It's kinda strange that my Facebook initiative in asking Haikasoru for a translation never lift off...
Really? How can I support this?

GojiraGuy2016
GPN Volunteer

Post by GojiraGuy2016 »

@ JesstrK
Thank you for your interest! Thumps up!

I have to re-write my post again. It was my target to rally the people in sending lots of lots requests to Haikasoru, a division of VIZ. Since they translate LEGEND OF THE GALACTIC HEROES by Yoshiki Tanaka I thought they could cash in with Godzilla, the most known Japanese icon of all time.

But since nobody reacted the postings "vanished" into the depths of Facebook.

I used the biggest Facebooks Groups, but somehow it seemed to me that Godzllla and kaiju as literature didn't hit a nerv, which is strange. I will try it again in two weeks! I will notify you in a PM then.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Godzillian wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:
Yeah, but he's still around. No mention of his death. All kaiju are mentioned, when killed in the novel, are explained how they are killed.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

LamangoKaijura wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote: Uh what about the other monsters like Hedorah?
Yeah, but he's still around. No mention of his death. All kaiju are mentioned, when killed in the novel, are explained how they are killed.
Hedorah just gets lucky I guess. He can hang wall the Kamacuras and Rodan the novel mentions

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

GojiraGuy2016 wrote:@ JesstrK
Thank you for your interest! Thumps up!

I have to re-write my post again. It was my target to rally the people in sending lots of lots requests to Haikasoru, a division of VIZ. Since they translate LEGEND OF THE GALACTIC HEROES by Yoshiki Tanaka I thought they could cash in with Godzilla, the most known Japanese icon of all time.

But since nobody reacted the postings "vanished" into the depths of Facebook.

I used the biggest Facebooks Groups, but somehow it seemed to me that Godzllla and kaiju as literature didn't hit a nerv, which is strange. I will try it again in two weeks! I will notify you in a PM then.
I'll be grateful if you could send me a PM then, too.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

GojiraGuy2016
GPN Volunteer

Post by GojiraGuy2016 »

@ Destorogoji
Sure, no problem!

King of the Monsters
Monarch Researcher

Post by King of the Monsters »

Hedorah might be dead. The novel just says he ran out of pollutants to consume and disappeared. That could mean he starved to death and dissipated or is still lurking somewhere.
Bureaucrat on Wikizilla. No, not Gojipedia.