Rodan in sequel - Potential clue hidden at the forefront of the movie

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Jeff-Goldblum1
G-Force Personnel

Rodan in sequel - Potential clue hidden at the forefront of the movie

Post by Jeff-Goldblum1 »

By that I mean, Rodan's score is used within the movie. You can hear it during the credits as well.

Did they use this as a clue that Rodan will be appearing in the 2020 sequel?

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Re: Rodan in sequel - Potential clue hidden at the forefront of the movie

Post by Cybermat47 »

I doubt it. We don't even know if there's going to be a sequel. And Hideaki Anno wouldn't have put any sequel hints in, because he's not interested in doing one.

And if anything, that music would suggest King Ghidorah, as it's the main theme of Ghidorah: The Three Headed Monster.
Last edited by Cybermat47 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

No.... that would mean Mechagodzilla, King Ghidorah, and the Natal aliens would be appearing.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:No.... that would mean Mechagodzilla, King Ghidorah, and the Natal aliens would be appearing.
Mechagodzilla (1975) AND Mechagodzilla II as both of their respectful movies had their music used.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Well, the bottom line IS, that we need something other than Shin Goji hisself in the sequel. And why wouldn't there be a sequel? Shin Godzilla was a HUGE hit in Japan, taking in around $80 mil., against a production budget of only $15 mil., not counting the merchandising. Even if Anno doesn't take a direct hand in it, there WILL be a sequel. I'd bet money on it...

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

PRIMEVAL wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:No.... that would mean Mechagodzilla, King Ghidorah, and the Natal aliens would be appearing.
Mechagodzilla (1975) AND Mechagodzilla II as both of their respectful movies had their music used.
I know, but they're both Mechagodzilla :)
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Jeff-Goldblum1 wrote:Did they use this as a clue that Rodan will be appearing in the 2020 sequel?
Short answer - no.

Toho and in particular the Ifukube tracks love being recycled for the next film or "reincarnated" as another "new" track entirely. By the same logic as above, we can confirm that the Angels from Neon Genesis will show up because Decisive Battle was used or as someone else mentioned above, the Natal Aliens from War in Outer Space.

MechaMinya
Yojimbo

Post by MechaMinya »

Has anyone considered the possibility of reimagining other classic Toho monsters as spawns from the tip of the tail of Shin Godzilla?
Last edited by MechaMinya on Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

MechaMinya wrote:Has anyone considered the possibility of reimagining other classic Toho monsters as spawns from the tip of the tail of Shin Godzilla?
Yeah that's been an idea for a while. Personally I'd hate that idea though, because it would turn Shin from being a unique idea into him just literally shitting out generic Shin spawn monsters. Honestly I'd love it if a Rodan completely unrelated to Shin, a normal ass monster, just came in and fought Shin though unless other monsters get a nice buff it'll be quick.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Relair
Monsterland Worker

Post by Relair »

I dunno, I think an agile fast monster like Rodan might be an interesting challenge. Shin is just a ridiculously slow, nearly immobile turret. Dodge lasers for a bit and he'll just freeze and you can peck/claw/bite him to dust at your leisure.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Relair wrote:I dunno, I think an agile fast monster like Rodan might be an interesting challenge. Shin is just a ridiculously slow, nearly immobile turret. Dodge lasers for a bit and he'll just freeze and you can peck/claw/bite him to dust at your leisure.
Imagine an aerial battle between the Hypothetical Airborn Shin and Shin Rodan :)
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Relair
Monsterland Worker

Post by Relair »

Gawdziller1954 wrote: Imagine an aerial battle between the Hypothetical Airborn Shin and Shin Rodan :)
Ha! While I cringe at the thought of flying Shin, if he has to fly that would be the best scenario for it to happen. Rodan could pull the sudden-stop-kamikaze-ram maneuver like he did to KG, but in glorious cgi!
Last edited by Relair on Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Can we lock this? This thread is ridiculous..
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Shazam14
EDF Instructor

Post by Shazam14 »

I think Shin Godzilla can work as a standalone without the need of another kaiju. Which is weird of me to say, because I love kaiju fights. But I think his abilities and origin make him so interesting that I'd rather have more movies involving just him and expanding upon it and what Shin can do than have other monsters.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Shazam14 wrote:I think Shin Godzilla can work as a standalone without the need of another kaiju. Which is weird of me to say, because I love kaiju fights. But I think his abilities and origin make him so interesting that I'd rather have more movies involving just him and expanding upon it and what Shin can do than have other monsters.
Yeah but the humans vs Shin can get stale pretty quickly. Unless they update weaponry or have the baby shins attack.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Stefanos of Levanon
Monarch Researcher

Post by Stefanos of Levanon »

I believe the idea of having Shin in his current state/form fighting anything would be a little ridiculous and would defeat the purpose of the original. It would literally be a one to one remake of Godzilla and Godzilla Raids Again, with one being a masterpiece, and the other being schlock.

Another thing is that the film clearly states that if Godzilla awakens again, him and that section of Japan would be nuked, meaning the moment activity is detected by foreign powers, bye bye.

If and when Shin has a sequel, I hope it does a more original approach more akin to "Scifi Toho films", similar to Matango.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

MandaSaurus wrote:Well, the bottom line IS, that we need something other than Shin Goji hisself in the sequel. And why wouldn't there be a sequel? Shin Godzilla was a HUGE hit in Japan, taking in around $80 mil., against a production budget of only $15 mil., not counting the merchandising. Even if Anno doesn't take a direct hand in it, there WILL be a sequel. I'd bet money on it...
I feel like Shin Godzilla is just too good and different to make a sequel.

Sorta like JAWS. Unless the sequel is just absolutely amazing and had even more talent and imagination then even Shin Godzilla had. I just feel it will not be able to live up to it's predecessor's shadow.

The film is just too unique and different to be able to produce a good sequel. And in my opinion I feel that it's better that this Universe ended on it's ending scene.

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Gailah 1966
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gailah 1966 »

Now it's clear that Shin Godzilla will remain as a "polarizing Standalone" movie. As Shin gets no sequel it will just enhance its legacy.
BIG FAN SURVEY 2023 --> viewtopic.php?t=34920
BIG FAN SURVEY 2020 --> viewtopic.php?t=30470
Video of 2020´s results --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUxyzsQxwa4