Imagine a Shin Ghidorah

For the discussion of Godzilla Resurgence, the Godzilla anime trilogy and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Maritonic

Re: Imagine a Shin Ghidorah

Postby Maritonic » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:38 pm

GodzillaBurgh wrote:I swear, as fans, we come up with some of the most creative ideas than any big-time writer. :D

Creative? Yes. Good and/or practical? That's another story.
Resized Image

All Hope Is Gone.

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

PitchBlackProgress
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby PitchBlackProgress » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:09 pm

yeah, I wouldn’t be bragging about the ideas came up with around here, it’s not often I see good ones
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Mon May 28, 2018 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Gailah 1966
Yojimbo

Postby Gailah 1966 » Mon May 28, 2018 9:48 am

Shin Kumonga would be the most ugly and creepy kaiju imo.
Emiko broke her promise... and therefore saved the world!

Kaeyas
Samurai

Postby Kaeyas » Mon May 28, 2018 3:30 pm

MM Raids Again wrote:
Destorogoji wrote:Just imagine a Shin Hedorah...

;) Been done.

IMO, the only similarity between Hedorah and Destoroyah is they both start out multiple small creatures and have multiple forms. Besides that, they aren't the same. Hedorahs are extraterrestrial born creatures who feed on and expel pollution. Destoroyahs are precambrian lifeforms mutated by the oxygen destroyer. Yes there are simalarities. But they are not the same kaijus and I think modern takes on them would look completely different.
Dedicated To Darkness..

GojiDog
Interpol Agent

Postby GojiDog » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:14 pm

The Shin-Dorat would be a lot less cute, I tell you that.

Living Corpse
Keizer

Postby Living Corpse » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:47 pm

Shin-Bro

KingZillla
Interpol Agent

Postby KingZillla » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:29 pm

Shin Ghidorah doesn't have to be a nuclear abomination. He can be more alien and otherworldly than previous incarnations
We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent... Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." -The King Returns, 2016.

Let them fight - 2019

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:23 pm

I don't think any other "Shin" kaiju has to or should be a horrifying looking abomination, but rather taking a kaiju's charactistics and powers and elevating them. That's exactly why Shin Godzilla is, they took his regenerative abilities, atomic breath, and atomic scars and reinvented it to make him truly a god like beast.

So to take that into consideration, I would love to see a "Shin" Rodan that can fly at a Mach 9.6 speed or higher. 9.6 is the fastest we've ever had a jet travel so far, and something that massive flying that fast would be frightening.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

SoggyNoodles2016
Futurian

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:31 pm

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:I don't think any other "Shin" kaiju has to or should be a horrifying looking abomination, but rather taking a kaiju's charactistics and powers and elevating them. That's exactly why Shin Godzilla is, they took his regenerative abilities, atomic breath, and atomic scars and reinvented it to make him truly a god like beast.

So to take that into consideration, I would love to see a "Shin" Rodan that can fly at a Mach 9.6 speed or higher. 9.6 is the fastest we've ever had a jet travel so far, and something that massive flying that fast would be frightening.

:applause:

I think you're the only other person I've seen say this besides Matt Frank on his blog.

Another aspect of Shin Godzilla people are forgetting in these hypothetical Shin monsters is Shin was basically the original on overdrive. Like, it was the basic idea of Godzilla when he was created (irradiated mutant sea monster that resembles a dinosaur) than expanded to the most logical conclusion. So, a Shin Ghidorah (BTW, that name's sick, I hope we have an excuse to use it I in the future) would be the concept of Ghidorah (beautiful but destructive otherworldy dragon) pushed to the most insane conclusions, which if I were to guess would be something like Ramen Head in the animes. And your Shin Rodan would be the most extreme example of "prehistoric monster tearing through the sky"

#MinillaForSmash2018

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

MrGoji1999
Yin-Yang Master

Postby MrGoji1999 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:56 pm

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:I don't think any other "Shin" kaiju has to or should be a horrifying looking abomination, but rather taking a kaiju's charactistics and powers and elevating them. That's exactly why Shin Godzilla is, they took his regenerative abilities, atomic breath, and atomic scars and reinvented it to make him truly a god like beast.

:applause:

I think you're the only other person I've seen say this besides Matt Frank on his blog.

Another aspect of Shin Godzilla people are forgetting in these hypothetical Shin monsters is Shin was basically the original on overdrive. Like, it was the basic idea of Godzilla when he was created (irradiated mutant sea monster that resembles a dinosaur) than expanded to the most logical conclusion. So, a Shin Ghidorah (BTW, that name's sick, I hope we have an excuse to use it I in the future) would be the concept of Ghidorah (beautiful but destructive otherworldy dragon) pushed to the most insane conclusions, which if I were to guess would be something like Ramen Head in the animes. And your Shin Rodan would be the most extreme example of "prehistoric monster tearing through the sky"

I have to agree with you guys on this! I used to think that any Shin kaiju could probably look like an terrifying abomination, but in my recent watch of Shin Godzilla, I thought a "Shin" version of Ghidorah or any kaiju could work just by reinventing their abilities to the maximum, they don't need to look horrifying just because Shin looked like that, when in fact he is pretty much the original but more extreme (and probably how he would have looked back in 1954 if they had the technology).
Now I have become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds- J. Robert Oppenheimer.

Destorogoji
JXSDF Technician

Postby Destorogoji » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:53 pm

I keep my opinion from two years ago: Shin Ghidorah would be beautiful, the most perfect creature to ever grace this universe; but at the same time, his meere sight would cause either blindness or madness, or maybe both. Humans wouldn't be able to look at him, it'd be impossible, both phisically and mentally.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

ManuJM1997
JXSDF Technician

Postby ManuJM1997 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:26 am

Taking into account that he was wounded by real human weapony, eh...

Anyways, following that trend, I think Rodan would basically be Deathwing from WoW Cataclysm, minus voice

Last edited by ManuJM1997 on Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image

Freude, schöner Götterfunken
Tochter aus Elysium
Wir betreten feuertrunken
Himmlische, dein Heiligtum!
Deine Zauber binden wieder
Was die Mode streng geteilt
Alle Menschen werden Brüder
Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

ROMG4
Interpol Agent

Postby ROMG4 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:16 pm

Destorogoji wrote:I keep my opinion from two years ago: Shin Ghidorah would be beautiful, the most perfect creature to ever grace this universe; but at the same time, his meere sight would cause either blindness or madness, or maybe both. Humans wouldn't be able to look at him, it'd be impossible, both phisically and mentally.

That would actually be pretty cool and much more fitting as an enemy to Shin-Godzilla
MM Raids Again wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:
gridiron_kaiju wrote:
Why do you come to this thread if you’re going to be so angry and bitter?

Who's angry and bitter? I just want folks to come over to the Good Side - the Bandai Japan Vinyl Side...

Oh for God's sake.

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:13 pm

ManuJM1997 wrote:

He retaliated almost immediately and destroyed a large portion of Tokyo, how is that not a horrifying beast? It's not like they would've done much anyway as he can heal.

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

ManuJM1997
JXSDF Technician

Postby ManuJM1997 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:08 pm

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
ManuJM1997 wrote:

He retaliated almost immediately and destroyed a large portion of Tokyo, how is that not a horrifying beast? It's not like they would've done much anyway as he can heal.

Oh, I'm not doubting that, Shin Godzilla is powerful
But a god like beast? Godzilla elevated at his extreme?
Again, eh...
Resized Image

Freude, schöner Götterfunken
Tochter aus Elysium
Wir betreten feuertrunken
Himmlische, dein Heiligtum!
Deine Zauber binden wieder
Was die Mode streng geteilt
Alle Menschen werden Brüder
Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

_JNavs_
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby _JNavs_ » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:40 pm

ManuJM1997 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
ManuJM1997 wrote:

Again, eh...

Speaking of which, where on the scale would we rank Legendary Goji in terms of durability? Zilla being the lowest, God-like being the highest
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Sith Apprentice.

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:44 am

ManuJM1997 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
ManuJM1997 wrote:

Again, eh...

Well, does anyone really know what qualifies as "a god like beast"? :lol:

ROMG4
Interpol Agent

Postby ROMG4 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:40 pm

Shin Godzilla is easily the most durable monster in the entire series

You all have no idea just how powerful the bombs that were dropped on Godzilla were, do some research

We're talking bombs that make every military assault in every other film look absolutely pathetic. Additionally besides those bombs the weapons used against Godzilla in this film are already far stronger and better then the weapons deployed against him in any other series
MM Raids Again wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:
gridiron_kaiju wrote:
Why do you come to this thread if you’re going to be so angry and bitter?

Who's angry and bitter? I just want folks to come over to the Good Side - the Bandai Japan Vinyl Side...

Oh for God's sake.

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:48 pm

ROMG4 wrote:Shin Godzilla is easily the most durable monster in the entire series

You all have no idea just how powerful the bombs that were dropped on Godzilla were, do some research

We're talking bombs that make every military assault in every other film look absolutely pathetic. Additionally besides those bombs the weapons used against Godzilla in this film are already far stronger and better then the weapons deployed against him in any other series

I mean, Godzilla Earth is the most durable monster in the entire series.

MOAPS are nothing compared to the Oxygen Destroyer.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby _JNavs_ » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:49 pm

Didn't Shin Godzilla get stopped by Crest Toothpaste and Five Gum in mist form?
ImageImage
Sith Apprentice.

Return to “"Shin" and Beyond (2016-Current)”