Imagine a Shin Ghidorah

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Imagine a Shin Ghidorah

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

_JNavs_ wrote:Didn't Shin Godzilla get stopped by Crest Toothpaste and Five Gum in mist form?
5 gum is a very powerful weapon, it makes it's users feel unimaginable powah.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Didn't Shin Godzilla get stopped by Crest Toothpaste and Five Gum in mist form?
I've heard it also stops them dead in their tracks with the worlds biggest brain freeze.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

_JNavs_ wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
I've heard it also stops them dead in their tracks with the worlds biggest brain freeze.
You've heard right.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

1962-64 Godzilla got shut down by electricity
Heisei Godzilla got shut down by only 2-3 missiles of Cadmium
Heisei Godzilla got shut down by Radiation Eating Bacteria

Shin Godzilla got the equivalent of a Human getting hit by 100 Rhino Tranquilizers. If Heisei Godzilla got hit by as much Cadmium as Shin was hit by Blood coalagent Heisei would be dead on the spot

Anyone even trying to insinuate that him being defeated by that was a poor showing holds absolutely no weight
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
ROMG4 wrote:Shin Godzilla is easily the most durable monster in the entire series

You all have no idea just how powerful the bombs that were dropped on Godzilla were, do some research

We're talking bombs that make every military assault in every other film look absolutely pathetic. Additionally besides those bombs the weapons used against Godzilla in this film are already far stronger and better then the weapons deployed against him in any other series
I mean, Godzilla Earth is the most durable monster in the entire series.

MOAPS are nothing compared to the Oxygen Destroyer.
We have no showcasing for the Oxygen Destroyer and besides that it's an entirely different weapon

Either way the bombardment Shin Godzilla received would KO or even outright kill a LOT of monsters in the series

Makes GMK Ghidorah's fireball look like a firecracker in comparison
Last edited by ROMG4 on Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

ROMG4 wrote:
1962-64 Godzilla got shut down by electricity
Heisei Godzilla got shut down by only 2-3 missiles of Cadmium
Heisei Godzilla got shut down by Radiation Eating Bacteria

Shin Godzilla got the equivalent of a Human getting hit by 100 Rhino Tranquilizers. If Heisei Godzilla got hit by as much Cadmium as Shin Got hit by Blood coalagent he would be dead on the spot

Anyone even trying to insinuate that him being defeated by that was a poor showing holds absolutely no weight
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
ROMG4 wrote:Shin Godzilla is easily the most durable monster in the entire series

You all have no idea just how powerful the bombs that were dropped on Godzilla were, do some research

We're talking bombs that make every military assault in every other film look absolutely pathetic. Additionally besides those bombs the weapons used against Godzilla in this film are already far stronger and better then the weapons deployed against him in any other series
I mean, Godzilla Earth is the most durable monster in the entire series.

MOAPS are nothing compared to the Oxygen Destroyer.
We have no showcasing for the Oxygen Destroyer and besides that it's an entirely different weapon

Either way the bombardment Shin Godzilla received would KO or even outright kill a LOT of monsters in the series

Makes GMK Ghidorah's fireball look like a firecracker in comparison
Ehhhh GMK Ghidorahs fireball was on some mystical skreeonk, Same with Big G, so they'd probably tank a lot more than some OP human missiles.. G14 tanked the meteorite that started the Permian Extinction head on. I still think that's the most impressive feat so far from any Goji, except for when G2000 tanked a black hole. You could say he was getting sliced and diced by the MUTOS but I can almost guarantee that Shin couldn't do much against a significant opponent.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

It doesn't matter if GMK Ghidorah's fireball is mystical in nature that has no bearing on it's explosive potency and damage on the environment especially because the film does not present the fireball possessing anything else other then explosive power
G14 tanked the meteorite that started the Permian Extinction head on.
Which was published in a comic with a lot of inaccuracy with the canon such as Serizawa being born in 1945 which would make the character far older then what the film portrays

Either way it's secondary canon and it has no impact on the movie
I still think that's the most impressive feat so far from any Goji, except for when G2000 tanked a black hole.
Artificial Black Hole. The black holes in the movie functioned nothing like the real life ones and can't be compared to real life black holes in anyway other then their concept
You could say he was getting sliced and diced by the MUTOS but I can almost guarantee that Shin couldn't do much against a significant opponent.
Of course not, it's why 1984, 1954, and Shin wouldn't be very interesting fighters because they aren't perked out to be fighters. They are perked out to be city destroyers.

Shin's goal was to be a immovable wall of destruction that slowly advanced towards his enemies. Undoubtedly if there was a sequel to Shin where he had to engage in traditional monster fighting he would have received a new design just like Showa and Heisei Godzilla did

Besides that Monster fighting has nothing to do with the discussion

I mean any fight with Shin is going to go two ways

Way 1: Shin gets angry and nukes the enemy, then goes to sleep for a week to recharge
Way 2: The enemy survives but wins by default as Shin has shut down to recharge for the week

Because this was the way he was designed to be to work with the film's style. Were the film meant for monster fighting he'd be changed accordingly
Last edited by ROMG4 on Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

ROMG4 wrote:It doesn't matter if GMK Ghidorah's fireball is mystical in nature that has no bearing on it's explosive potency and damage on the environment especially because the film does not present the fireball possessing anything else other then explosive power
G14 tanked the meteorite that started the Permian Extinction head on.
Which was published in a comic with a lot of inaccuracy with the canon such as Serizawa being born in 1945 which would make the character far older then what the film portrays

Either way it's secondary canon and it has no impact on the movie
I still think that's the most impressive feat so far from any Goji, except for when G2000 tanked a black hole.
Artificial Black Hole. The black holes in the movies functioned nothing like the real life ones and can't be compared in any way to real life black holes in anyway other then their concept
You could say he was getting sliced and diced by the MUTOS but I can almost guarantee that Shin couldn't do much against a significant opponent.
Of course not, it's why 1984, 1954, and Shin wouldn't be very interesting fighters because they aren't perked out to be fighters. They are perked out to be city destroyers.

Shin's goal was to be a immovable wall of destruction that slowly advanced towards his enemies. Undoubtedly if there was a sequel to Shin where he had to engage in traditional monster fighting he would have received a new design just like Showa and Heisei Godzilla did

Besides that Monster fighting has nothing to do with the discussion
It matters because we cannot scale the potency of the fireball due to its origin. I'm sure a couple of missiles aren't going to stop dead World War 2 vets inside of a walking machine of literal death.

It may be secondary canon but as far as it's concerned it's in-universe canon which is being expanded on with the K:SI prequel comic and the upcoming G19 prequel comic, which shows there is clearly an interest from Legendary to continue some of the canon through comics.

Artificial Black hole. Fine, That's fair.

I'm sure if there's a sequel to Shin it'll be an army of Zombie Matrix Xilien Gojis running around in a World War Z scenario. But yes he was successful in being an immovable wall of destruction amongst humans. Monster fighting actually has something to do with the discussion, it's to discuss durability. 1st form Shin was a tail, 2nd form Shin was a goldfish running through the city before suffocating, 3rd form froze in the ocean= Basically no durability other than withstanding building smashing. 4th form finally proved himself but also proved that he was affected from what the Military was sending out, had a recharge time. And froze to death.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

I'd like to make a correction. I was wrong about the bomb used against Shin Godzilla it wasn't a MOAP it was a MOP.
It matters because we cannot scale the potency of the fireball due to its origin.
Yes, we can. We can scale it's potency based on it's explosion size, impact on the environment and so forth. Nothing the film provides suggest it was anything other then a raw expression of power just like GMK Ghidorah's Gravity Beams
I'm sure a couple of missiles aren't going to stop dead World War 2 vets inside of a walking machine of literal death.
I'm not suggesting the MOP would kill GMK Godzilla. I'm simply saying that they are far above any bombardment GMK Godzilla or every other Kaiju in the series have received. Which means GMK would very likely be severely damaged by said assault. Plus Godzilla is not invulnerable to damage in the film like you suggest

There's a reason why they only evacuated the government when the military decided to drop the MOP
Monster fighting actually has something to do with the discussion, it's to discuss durability.
A brick wall has no fighting capability but it's damage resistance against a Martial Artist's fighter's punches is unchanged

What you are talking about is fighting capability not durability
1st form Shin was a tail, 2nd form Shin was a goldfish running through the city before suffocating, 3rd form froze in the ocean= Basically no durability other than withstanding building smashing.
How does any of this even factor into this argument. It's like bringing up Godzillasaurus in a Heisei Godzilla argument
4th form finally proved himself but also proved that he was affected from what the Military was sending out,

The MOP Bomb weighs 30,000 Pounds with it's warhead weighing 5300 Pounds, this bomb is capable of penetrating 200 feet into the ground. All 3 bombs landed squarely into his back and then imploded. It is the strongest Non-Nuclear bomb the military has

It's very likely the last one would have exploded inside his back considering the first two already opened up numerous wounds and craters

No Godzilla has been exposed to military weapons anything like what the MOP pulled out except maybe for the Random House Novel Godzilla, Legendary Godzilla and Godzilla 2000

Not saying any of them would die far from it (Except Godzilla 1998) but implying they would be in any better shape then Shin Godzilla is ridiculous. Not to mention it was the only thing that hurt him in the film and besides make him finally react to the military he wasn't in any danger of dying
Last edited by ROMG4 on Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

ROMG4 wrote:I'd like to make a correction. I was wrong about the bomb used against Shin Godzilla it wasn't a MOAP it was a MOP.
It matters because we cannot scale the potency of the fireball due to its origin.
Yes, we can. We can scale it's potency based on it's explosion size, impact on the environment and so forth. Nothing the film provides suggest it was anything other then a raw expression of power just like GMK Ghidorah's Gravity Beams
I'm sure a couple of missiles aren't going to stop dead World War 2 vets inside of a walking machine of literal death.
I'm not suggesting the MOP would kill GMK Godzilla. I'm simply saying that they are far above any bombardment GMK Godzilla or every other Kaiju in the series have received. Which means GMK would very likely be severely damaged by said assault. Plus Godzilla is not invulnerable to damage in the film like you suggest

There's a reason why they only evacuated the government when the military decided to drop the MOP
Monster fighting actually has something to do with the discussion, it's to discuss durability.
A brick wall has no fighting capability but it's damage resistance against a Martial Artist's fighter's punches is unchanged

What you are talking about is fighting capability not durability
1st form Shin was a tail, 2nd form Shin was a goldfish running through the city before suffocating, 3rd form froze in the ocean= Basically no durability other than withstanding building smashing.
How does any of this even factor into this argument. It's like bringing up Godzillasaurus in a Heisei Godzilla argument
4th form finally proved himself but also proved that he was affected from what the Military was sending out,

The MOP Bomb weighs 30,000 Pounds with it's warhead weighing 5300 Pounds, this bomb is capable of penetrating 200 feet into the ground. All 3 bombs landed squarely into his back and then imploded

It's very likely the last one would have exploded inside his back considering the first two already opened up numerous wounds and craters

No Godzilla has been exposed to military weapons anything like what the MOP pulled out except maybe for the Random House Novel Godzilla
That's fair lol, I agree. Just rewatched the scenes where the bullets bounce off him like his skin was metal. I do have to say his stall time is horrendous though. That's a massive disadvantage for him.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Eh what do I know :lol: Big bomb hurt lizard.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Eh what do I know :lol: Big bomb hurt lizard.
No, no...A giant ass MOP hurt lizard. Dipped too much in clorox.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

goji89 wrote:
That's why afterwards he looked so squeaky clean. He got the tough stains out. His little tail friends fell off too :lol: :lol:

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
That's why afterwards he looked so squeaky clean. He got the tough stains out. His little tail friends fell off too :lol: :lol:
Its a good thing there was a giant MOP there so he could clean the blood stains from the bombings.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Well, since we don't have to imagine it any more (seriously, who would have thought we'd actually get a Shin Ghidorah in any form) I guess this thread is redundant now? Or do you feel as if they would significantly change the design from the Shin Godzilla vs Evangelion ride if they were to introduce him in an actual film?

Also, we actually got to see Shin Goji do a bit of actual fighting in that ride. Not an impressive fighter, but better than expected I guess.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

Vakanai wrote:Well, since we don't have to imagine it any more (seriously, who would have thought we'd actually get a Shin Ghidorah in any form) I guess this thread is redundant now? Or do you feel as if they would significantly change the design from the Shin Godzilla vs Evangelion ride if they were to introduce him in an actual film?

Also, we actually got to see Shin Goji do a bit of actual fighting in that ride. Not an impressive fighter, but better than expected I guess.
Handling all 3 Eva units at once is a pretty impressive battle feat.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

He handled the Evas with no arms needed! :lol:

I'll be here all night, try the calamari.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:He handled the Evas with no arms needed! :lol:

I'll be here all night, try the calamari.
1 giant order of Calamari please.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

I think Godzilla could have evolved into a creature that resembled King Ghidorah. He had weird creatures growing out of him at the end that could have became other heads.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Well, imagine no more, since Shin Ghidorah is a ride exclusive kaiju.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

So... thread lock?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!