Imagine a Shin Ghidorah

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Re: Imagine a Shin Ghidorah

Post by Maritonic »

GodzillaBurgh wrote:I swear, as fans, we come up with some of the most creative ideas than any big-time writer. :D
Creative? Yes. Good and/or practical? That's another story.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

yeah, I wouldn’t be bragging about the ideas came up with around here, it’s not often I see good ones
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Mon May 28, 2018 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Gailah 1966
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gailah 1966 »

Shin Kumonga would be the most ugly and creepy kaiju imo.
BIG FAN SURVEY 2023 --> viewtopic.php?t=34920
BIG FAN SURVEY 2020 --> viewtopic.php?t=30470
Video of 2020´s results --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUxyzsQxwa4

Kaeyas
GPN Volunteer

Post by Kaeyas »

MM Raids Again wrote:
Destorogoji wrote:Just imagine a Shin Hedorah...

;) Been done.
IMO, the only similarity between Hedorah and Destoroyah is they both start out multiple small creatures and have multiple forms. Besides that, they aren't the same. Hedorahs are extraterrestrial born creatures who feed on and expel pollution. Destoroyahs are precambrian lifeforms mutated by the oxygen destroyer. Yes there are simalarities. But they are not the same kaijus and I think modern takes on them would look completely different.
Dedicated To Darkness..

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

The Shin-Dorat would be a lot less cute, I tell you that.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Shin-Bro

KingZillla
Interpol Agent

Post by KingZillla »

Shin Ghidorah doesn't have to be a nuclear abomination. He can be more alien and otherworldly than previous incarnations
We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent... Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." -The King Returns, 2016.

Let them fight - 2019

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I don't think any other "Shin" kaiju has to or should be a horrifying looking abomination, but rather taking a kaiju's charactistics and powers and elevating them. That's exactly why Shin Godzilla is, they took his regenerative abilities, atomic breath, and atomic scars and reinvented it to make him truly a god like beast.

So to take that into consideration, I would love to see a "Shin" Rodan that can fly at a Mach 9.6 speed or higher. 9.6 is the fastest we've ever had a jet travel so far, and something that massive flying that fast would be frightening.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:I don't think any other "Shin" kaiju has to or should be a horrifying looking abomination, but rather taking a kaiju's charactistics and powers and elevating them. That's exactly why Shin Godzilla is, they took his regenerative abilities, atomic breath, and atomic scars and reinvented it to make him truly a god like beast.

So to take that into consideration, I would love to see a "Shin" Rodan that can fly at a Mach 9.6 speed or higher. 9.6 is the fastest we've ever had a jet travel so far, and something that massive flying that fast would be frightening.
:applause:

I think you're the only other person I've seen say this besides Matt Frank on his blog.

Another aspect of Shin Godzilla people are forgetting in these hypothetical Shin monsters is Shin was basically the original on overdrive. Like, it was the basic idea of Godzilla when he was created (irradiated mutant sea monster that resembles a dinosaur) than expanded to the most logical conclusion. So, a Shin Ghidorah (BTW, that name's sick, I hope we have an excuse to use it I in the future) would be the concept of Ghidorah (beautiful but destructive otherworldy dragon) pushed to the most insane conclusions, which if I were to guess would be something like Ramen Head in the animes. And your Shin Rodan would be the most extreme example of "prehistoric monster tearing through the sky"

RIP Evan.

MrGoji1999
Monarch Researcher

Post by MrGoji1999 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:I don't think any other "Shin" kaiju has to or should be a horrifying looking abomination, but rather taking a kaiju's charactistics and powers and elevating them. That's exactly why Shin Godzilla is, they took his regenerative abilities, atomic breath, and atomic scars and reinvented it to make him truly a god like beast.

:applause:

I think you're the only other person I've seen say this besides Matt Frank on his blog.

Another aspect of Shin Godzilla people are forgetting in these hypothetical Shin monsters is Shin was basically the original on overdrive. Like, it was the basic idea of Godzilla when he was created (irradiated mutant sea monster that resembles a dinosaur) than expanded to the most logical conclusion. So, a Shin Ghidorah (BTW, that name's sick, I hope we have an excuse to use it I in the future) would be the concept of Ghidorah (beautiful but destructive otherworldy dragon) pushed to the most insane conclusions, which if I were to guess would be something like Ramen Head in the animes. And your Shin Rodan would be the most extreme example of "prehistoric monster tearing through the sky"
I have to agree with you guys on this! I used to think that any Shin kaiju could probably look like an terrifying abomination, but in my recent watch of Shin Godzilla, I thought a "Shin" version of Ghidorah or any kaiju could work just by reinventing their abilities to the maximum, they don't need to look horrifying just because Shin looked like that, when in fact he is pretty much the original but more extreme (and probably how he would have looked back in 1954 if they had the technology).
Now I have become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds- J. Robert Oppenheimer.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

I keep my opinion from two years ago: Shin Ghidorah would be beautiful, the most perfect creature to ever grace this universe; but at the same time, his meere sight would cause either blindness or madness, or maybe both. Humans wouldn't be able to look at him, it'd be impossible, both phisically and mentally.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

Taking into account that he was wounded by real human weapony, eh...

Anyways, following that trend, I think Rodan would basically be Deathwing from WoW Cataclysm, minus voice

Last edited by Manuelito Canelito on Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Destorogoji wrote:I keep my opinion from two years ago: Shin Ghidorah would be beautiful, the most perfect creature to ever grace this universe; but at the same time, his meere sight would cause either blindness or madness, or maybe both. Humans wouldn't be able to look at him, it'd be impossible, both phisically and mentally.
That would actually be pretty cool and much more fitting as an enemy to Shin-Godzilla

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

ManuJM1997 wrote:
He retaliated almost immediately and destroyed a large portion of Tokyo, how is that not a horrifying beast? It's not like they would've done much anyway as he can heal.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
ManuJM1997 wrote:
He retaliated almost immediately and destroyed a large portion of Tokyo, how is that not a horrifying beast? It's not like they would've done much anyway as he can heal.
Oh, I'm not doubting that, Shin Godzilla is powerful
But a god like beast? Godzilla elevated at his extreme?
Again, eh...
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

ManuJM1997 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
ManuJM1997 wrote:
Again, eh...
Speaking of which, where on the scale would we rank Legendary Goji in terms of durability? Zilla being the lowest, God-like being the highest
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

ManuJM1997 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
ManuJM1997 wrote:
Again, eh...
Well, does anyone really know what qualifies as "a god like beast"? :lol:

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Shin Godzilla is easily the most durable monster in the entire series

You all have no idea just how powerful the bombs that were dropped on Godzilla were, do some research

We're talking bombs that make every military assault in every other film look absolutely pathetic. Additionally besides those bombs the weapons used against Godzilla in this film are already far stronger and better then the weapons deployed against him in any other series

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

ROMG4 wrote:Shin Godzilla is easily the most durable monster in the entire series

You all have no idea just how powerful the bombs that were dropped on Godzilla were, do some research

We're talking bombs that make every military assault in every other film look absolutely pathetic. Additionally besides those bombs the weapons used against Godzilla in this film are already far stronger and better then the weapons deployed against him in any other series
I mean, Godzilla Earth is the most durable monster in the entire series.

MOAPS are nothing compared to the Oxygen Destroyer.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Didn't Shin Godzilla get stopped by Crest Toothpaste and Five Gum in mist form?
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira