The Rebirth Series?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Re: The Rebirth Series?

Post by Cybermat47 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Keep in mind in like two years the Heisei emperor will resign and their will be a new emperor, presumably we can use the name then if desired. Emperor names must be two kanji, and usually have a good powerful meaning so we can actually just use a third emperor for the fourth era.
Desghidorah wrote:I'm with Jellyfish, we should just wait until Emperor Heisei's successor is crowned and name the new era after them. Not the first time we've had the start of a film era in another Emperor's reign, as already pointed out 1984 was still during the reign of Emperor Showa. So the new series after Heisei's successor would include Plant of Monsters, Shin, and the Legendary series. While some would discount the Monster'verse entries, I think they should be included given they are using licensed Toho characters, are released in Japan by Toho, and are considered official Godzilla incarnations. Given Toho is involved in the production and we're bound to see even more Toho kaiju, I think they've earned it. If we can group all the Millennium era films together despite largely lacking continuity, I think Legendary's efforts can be grouped in.
Yeah, I agree as well. Personally, I'll keep calling it the Rebirth Series until Emperor Akihito either steps down or dies, and we learn the posthumous name of his heir, who will most likely be Crown Prince Naruhito. Once we learn the next Emperor's posthumous name, that should be made the official name of the series.