Godzilla: Monster Planet Trilogy SPOILERS Discussion

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Fropston
GPN Volunteer

Re: Godzilla: Monster Planet 2017 SPOILERS Discussion

Post by Fropston »

xenotactics wrote:There seems to be a lot of confusion between Dogora and Dagahra in these translations. Can anyone confirm which it actually is?
Wasn't it both? I distinctly recall both of them appearing according to some member on this forum.
(Less) Rare poster. :pelops2:

BooLugosi
JXSDF Technician

Post by BooLugosi »

Havoks wrote:Anywho, anyone else think that this "Bioweapon Hedorah" used to fight rodan and angurius will actually "turn" into the real deal Hedorah? Like mutated and of the sorts. I think it's very plausible a situation like that could happen given the info we got at the moment.
I was actually just thinking this. I don't think they named the weapon that for no reason.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

xenotactics wrote:There seems to be a lot of confusion between Dogora and Dagahra in these translations. Can anyone confirm which it actually is?
To be clear, there are zero confusions on my end. The kana listed for Dogora and Daghra are completely different. They both have separate listings, and appear at the same time. I don't mean to be condescending here, bu if you study Japanese the difference in the katakana is incredibly obvious. Any confusion between the names from other members has nothing to do with me.

Also, I'm going to post Kamacuras tonight, oh boy he's interesting. I'll keep you all in suspense.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Both!
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

To beat a dead horse, it's both. Dogora was one of the earliest monsters to appear in the timeline, whereas Dagahra was one of the last.

Added in 13 hours 49 minutes 28 seconds:
Side note, someone with a much sharper eye than I caught this in the new promo video:

Bottom left there...

メカゴジラシティ
"Mechagodzilla City"
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Here's what I got from the monsters in the video, those "dragons" look pretty alien-like:
Spoiler:
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Dragons? They look like mere cannon fodder kaiju.

WAIT!! "Mechagodzilla City"! MechaGoji Bro7503 like the sound of this!

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

People are jumping the gun and already calling it "Biollante".

Calm down people...

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Dragons? They look like mere cannon fodder kaiju.
They're probably the welcome wagon once the humans return after 20k years.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

I'm curious to know what "Mechagodzilla City" implies. It doesn't look like a facility that's been reclaimed by nature.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Showa Gyaos wrote:I'm curious to know what "Mechagodzilla City" implies. It doesn't look like a facility that's been reclaimed by nature.
I was thinking the name was very literal. The carcass of a destroyed Mecahgodzilla that has now been turned into a safe haven city (or was safe).

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

SpaceG92 wrote:
Showa Gyaos wrote:I'm curious to know what "Mechagodzilla City" implies. It doesn't look like a facility that's been reclaimed by nature.
I was thinking the name was very literal. The carcass of a destroyed Mecahgodzilla that has now been turned into a safe haven city (or was safe).
Actually, you could be right. It would be a unique concept in the franchise, that's certain.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlueGojira »

Can somebody please post a link for the promotional video?
SoleMan wrote: I feel like with his passing, it finally lays the era of Godzilla to rest. No more are there guys in rubber suits, no more are there fun, silly, kid-friendly Godzillas, no more are the days when you could make out in the back row with your sweetheart and your kid brother could be in the front, eyes glued to the screen. Instead we're left with the gritty, cold world of Hollywood and apocalyptic visions of nightmare creatures.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

BlueGojira wrote:Can somebody please post a link for the promotional video?
No

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

I wonder when the humans will meet Godzilla again, I mean will he still be in whats left of Japan? Heck he could be living on the other side of the planet.

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlueGojira »

SpaceG92 wrote:
BlueGojira wrote:Can somebody please post a link for the promotional video?
No
Aw man.. I was really looking forward to watch the video you literally just linked....... wait......
SoleMan wrote: I feel like with his passing, it finally lays the era of Godzilla to rest. No more are there guys in rubber suits, no more are there fun, silly, kid-friendly Godzillas, no more are the days when you could make out in the back row with your sweetheart and your kid brother could be in the front, eyes glued to the screen. Instead we're left with the gritty, cold world of Hollywood and apocalyptic visions of nightmare creatures.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:I wonder when the humans will meet Godzilla again, I mean will he still be in whats left of Japan? Heck he could be living on the other side of the planet.
If the pamphlet traduction was correct, Godzilla appeared first in California, destroying Los Angeles and San Francisco so yeah, he could be anywhere in the planet.
Maybe they aren't there just to fight Godzilla, but to reconquer the planet.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Destorogoji wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:I wonder when the humans will meet Godzilla again, I mean will he still be in whats left of Japan? Heck he could be living on the other side of the planet.
If the pamphlet traduction was correct, Godzilla appeared first in California, destroying Los Angeles and San Francisco so yeah, he could be anywhere in the planet.
Maybe they aren't there just to fight Godzilla, but to reconquer the planet.
Huh, didnt know he first appeared in California, cool. Dont forget he also killed 3 kaiju in that same rampage.

lets have none of that infraction goofiness in my thread okay friends? :)

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

SpaceG92 wrote:People are jumping the gun and already calling it "Biollante".

Calm down people...
Well yeah. Looks exactly like one of Bio's lil heads so I don't blame them.
^This post in sexually offensive.

B34sT
Interpol Agent

Post by B34sT »

So we have Dogora, Daghara, Orga, Kamacuras, Rodan, Anguirus, Hedorah, and Mechagodzilla all in or referenced in the anime so far? I wonder how many monsters/references they'll have from the old films.