So about the Tail-Humanoids

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Rodan
Gotengo Officer

Re: So about the Tail-Humanoids

Post by Rodan »

Holy shit.

That eye is super fucking gross and I love it. Too bad that doesn't get a good appearance in the final cut of the film.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:Does that make the tail godzilla's reproductive organ? D:
That sounds extremely wrong... until you remember that Goji is asexual.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I don't think it's Goro Maki's eyes, "Japanese People" (as in people that have been there for hundred of years and aren't from Europe) don't have blue eyes, like at all, unless mixed race. Blue eyes are an incredibly recessive gene, and it's rare even if one parent has them.

This brings up a massive question of the intent of the eye color. Is it to suggest shin Gojira as a foreign problem? This could be a jape, or it could be serious, hard to tell with Annos trickery.

My guess is actually it's a simple design choice. If they were brown it would stick out less and thus harder to see. Then again what would be the point of having eyes there that never make it in the final cut.

I'm also laughing because I remember when the first trailer came out for Shin Gojira tons of members were called idiots for seeing s tail face.

Edit: I also really like the aforementioned idea that emit was symbolism that they were seconds away from disaster which tied into the nuclear feeling. It serves the same purpose, thematically fits and cool overall.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

JetrellFo
Samurai

Post by JetrellFo »

This is just my "theory" about these "G-Parasites" or what every people refer to them as.

Now that I've watched the film a few times I kind of get the impression that the scientist that goes missing in the beginning, the one who lost his wife due to the Nuclear Bombs .... maybe he allowed himself to be devoured by the microbes that form Shin .... like an assimilation/absorption of his DNA? Maybe he carried some of his wife's DNA with him and it became part of the building blocks for Shin. Maybe it's his way of getting revenge or to teach society that they can't let nuclear waste/power just lay about or be misused due to the dangers to society and the planet?

Then again, maybe I'm just freekin nuts. LOL

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

^sign, not trying to be rude but G16 is NOT a microorganism, he is some random ancient marine animal. But good theory nonetheless.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

JetrellFo
Samurai

Post by JetrellFo »

It's fine, I just read the other thread and got some clarification. The theory could still be relevant considering he apparently comes in to contact with the nuclear waste. Maybe the scientist was watching and studying this animal and chose a time and place to end his life in this way. Allowing the sea creature to devour him, and along with the mutation caused by the waste, would allow for combining or absorption of his DNA which could explain the "g parasites".

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Post by BARAGONBREH »

Godzilla was being defeated by a collective of humans. So he tried to evolve into a collective of humanish things. Simple. Obvious. Foreshadowed and contextualized throughout the film.
Shadowfyre wrote:Everything you say sucks all the time.
gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

JetrellFo
Samurai

Post by JetrellFo »

BARAGONBREH wrote:Godzilla was being defeated by a collective of humans. So he tried to evolve into a collective of humanish things. Simple. Obvious. Foreshadowed and contextualized throughout the film.
My post was based on thoughts I had. My intention was not to sully the film, it's lore, or it's foreshadowing and contextualization.

Yeesh

KingZillla
Interpol Agent

Post by KingZillla »

BARAGONBREH wrote:Godzilla was being defeated by a collective of humans. So he tried to evolve into a collective of humanish things. Simple. Obvious. Foreshadowed and contextualized throughout the film.
Super creepy
We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent... Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." -The King Returns, 2016.

Let them fight - 2019

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlueGojira »

It was almost like Godzilla was trying to remake the world in his own image. This final scene honestly left me with so many questions, such as; how far did Godzilla think he was going to get? What were these humanoid creatures supposed to do once they broke off, if they broke off at all? Is Goro Maki related to any of this?

EDIT: I just noticed a very subtle difference in the final shots of the movie. If I can find the images for them, I'll make a later post about it.
SoleMan wrote: I feel like with his passing, it finally lays the era of Godzilla to rest. No more are there guys in rubber suits, no more are there fun, silly, kid-friendly Godzillas, no more are the days when you could make out in the back row with your sweetheart and your kid brother could be in the front, eyes glued to the screen. Instead we're left with the gritty, cold world of Hollywood and apocalyptic visions of nightmare creatures.

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlueGojira »

I just noticed this, and if I'm right, this changes everything.

Okay, so look at this photo seconds after Godzilla was frozen. There are no tail humanoids.

Now look what happened a few minutes after.

This may mean Godzilla might be able to evolve, even when frozen..
Last edited by BlueGojira on Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
SoleMan wrote: I feel like with his passing, it finally lays the era of Godzilla to rest. No more are there guys in rubber suits, no more are there fun, silly, kid-friendly Godzillas, no more are the days when you could make out in the back row with your sweetheart and your kid brother could be in the front, eyes glued to the screen. Instead we're left with the gritty, cold world of Hollywood and apocalyptic visions of nightmare creatures.

GojiMet86
GPN Volunteer

Post by GojiMet86 »

Or it might have been overlooked.

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlueGojira »

GojiMet86 wrote:Or it might have been overlooked.

I doubt Anno (or anybody working on the film) would overlook a detail as small as that. The timeskip between those two pictures was only a couple of minutes.

EDIT: Look at the photograph of the humanoids. You can still see the whitish-blue casing of the coagulant around the tip of Godzilla's tail. This was done on purpose.

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Post by BARAGONBREH »

BlueGojira wrote:I just noticed this, and if I'm right, this changes everything.

Okay, so look at this photo seconds after Godzilla was frozen. There are no tail humanoids.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/RCvEhSVZmtk/maxresdefault.jpg

Now look what happened a few minutes after.

http://www.tohokingdom.com/images/kaiju ... _adapt.jpg

This may mean Godzilla might be able to evolve, even when frozen..
Eh. The frozen picture isn't really zoomed in enough to tell if there are humanoids on it at that point or not. Or did you forget Godzilla is really big?
Shadowfyre wrote:Everything you say sucks all the time.
gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

1: Please don't quote images that are on the same page. It's not hard to remove the [img] tag while posting.

2: That first image looks odd. It can't be a screen grab because the quality. It kinda looks like someone put a camera and looked up at a screen...

Just because the movie is out doesn't mean any cam rip or leaked material is okay to post.

Added in 2 minutes 21 seconds:
BlueGojira wrote: I doubt Anno (or anybody working on the film) would overlook a detail as small as that. The timeskip between those two pictures was only a couple of minutes.
You'll be surprised what "big company" film makers miss.

IIRC, the chronological order of the events involves a press release after the coagulant and the ending scene. That could be anywhere within a few minutes to a couple of days.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

SpaceG92 wrote:Just because the movie is out doesn't mean any cam rip or leaked material is okay to post.
I'm sorry but that's the most ridiculous thing I've read all day, it's literally out on DVD
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:
SpaceG92 wrote:Just because the movie is out doesn't mean any cam rip or leaked material is okay to post.
I'm sorry but that's the most ridiculous thing I've read all day, it's literally out on DVD
Be careful, you don't wanna lose that special bond with Toho that we totally have.
^This post in sexually offensive.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Way to jump the shark dude. It was just a reminder, another one on top of that big red box above this sub-forum. I even outlined WHY I made that assumption in my post.
Dillyziller wrote: Be careful, you don't wanna lose that special bond with Toho that we totally have.
That is not the reason. I also don't see you complaining about the other websites/forums that do the same :angel:

Don't derail this thread or warnings will be handed out.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

SpaceG92 wrote:Way to jump the shark dude. It was just a reminder, another one on top of that big red box above this sub-forum. I even outlined WHY I made that assumption in my post.
I'm not the one jumping the shark around here
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

The humanoids still have me curious to this very day, I read somewhere that Godzilla was supposed to evolve in very hardcore ways in his 7th form if it happened, he'd have a whole universe inside his body apparently.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse