[Spoilers] Easter Eggs Throughout the Film

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Re: Easter Eggs Throughout the Film (contains spoilers)

Post by Kaijunator »

The eyes on Shin's fourth form might be a reference to some of the Showa Godzillas.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

I wonder if the smoke is a reference to the mist breath from Gojira

The train reference is pulled off using form 3

There's so many Evangelion references it's crazy

They ran a train into his foot at the end like the train that crashes into Gojiras foot in the 1954 film
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

I just found out that the boat in the opening scene of SHIN GODZILLA is called "Glory-Maru" In the 1954 original, the first boat Godzilla sank was called the "Eiko-Maru". 'Eiko' means 'Glory' in Japanese!!! This reference flew over my head when i first saw the movie. :huge:
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

gimmemoregojira
Ronin

Post by gimmemoregojira »

I have a question. The first time we see G use his "atomic" breath, he incinerates what looks like miles of city blocks with flame. The next day, all the fires are out. Uh, how? :roll:

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

gimmemoregojira wrote:I have a question. The first time we see G use his "atomic" breath, he incinerates what looks like miles of city blocks with flame. The next day, all the fires are out. Uh, how? :roll:
Maybe the fires got tired and went home.

:lol:
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

gimmemoregojira wrote:I have a question. The first time we see G use his "atomic" breath, he incinerates what looks like miles of city blocks with flame. The next day, all the fires are out. Uh, how? :roll:
It's a movie...? Also, Godzilla is asleep for weeks. It wouldn't last that long unless Japan didn't feel like putting it out. :lol:
^This post in sexually offensive.

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlueGojira »

While there are many easter eggs I noticed, most of them have already been said, but I will say two that (I think) have not been repeated or stated already.

In the viral marketing for Shin Godzilla, they revealed a promotional poster which had the footprint of the new Godzilla, with a trilobite in it. A clear 1954 reference.
While I am NOT a fan of Godzilla: The Series or any other 1998 related things, I know enough about the show to realize Godzilla's split jaw during his atomic breath may have been a reference to the C-Rex.
SoleMan wrote: I feel like with his passing, it finally lays the era of Godzilla to rest. No more are there guys in rubber suits, no more are there fun, silly, kid-friendly Godzillas, no more are the days when you could make out in the back row with your sweetheart and your kid brother could be in the front, eyes glued to the screen. Instead we're left with the gritty, cold world of Hollywood and apocalyptic visions of nightmare creatures.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Through the ability of the Japanese people coming together as one, they prevailed over the oppressive hell fire that raged
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Don't know if anyone said it first:
I'm almost sure Destoroyah's beam sound was reused in Shin's one.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

All of the shitty effects scenes are tributes to all of the effects failures of the Showa series.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Post by GalacticPetey »

BlueGojira wrote:While there are many easter eggs I noticed, most of them have already been said, but I will say two that (I think) have not been repeated or stated already.

In the viral marketing for Shin Godzilla, they revealed a promotional poster which had the footprint of the new Godzilla, with a trilobite in it. A clear 1954 reference.
While I am NOT a fan of Godzilla: The Series or any other 1998 related things, I know enough about the show to realize Godzilla's split jaw during his atomic breath may have been a reference to the C-Rex.
It's not a reference to Godzilla: The Series. Thats like saying the purple color of the beam is a reference to Battra. Just something that happened to be similar.
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlueGojira »

GalacticPetey wrote:
BlueGojira wrote:While there are many easter eggs I noticed, most of them have already been said, but I will say two that (I think) have not been repeated or stated already.

It's not a reference to Godzilla: The Series. Thats like saying the purple color of the beam is a reference to Battra. Just something that happened to be similar.

"While I am NOT a fan of Godzilla: The Series or any 1998 related things, I know enough about the show to realize Godzilla's split jaw during his atomic breath may have been a reference to the C-Rex."
SoleMan wrote: I feel like with his passing, it finally lays the era of Godzilla to rest. No more are there guys in rubber suits, no more are there fun, silly, kid-friendly Godzillas, no more are the days when you could make out in the back row with your sweetheart and your kid brother could be in the front, eyes glued to the screen. Instead we're left with the gritty, cold world of Hollywood and apocalyptic visions of nightmare creatures.

Demiurge
Ronin

Re: [Spoilers] Easter Eggs Throughout the Film

Post by Demiurge »

I think it's more likely to be inspired by Otachi in Pacific Rim than anything else. I have a feeling baby Otachi was an influence on Godzilla's earlier forms, too.

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Post by GalacticPetey »

The idea of a split jaw is a pretty generic concept. I doubt Anno was inspired by Pacific Rim.
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

Jatahaxe
Interpol Agent

Post by Jatahaxe »

Right. It might just as well be a Blade II reference.
Monsters are the real people.

HerryGrail
Yojimbo

Post by HerryGrail »

One of the funniest contrasts with the original film (I think it's intentional) is how completely clueless and comical the establishment scientists are at the beginning, whereas in the 1954 film (and so many that followed) it's exactly the opposite, with an immediate, reverential deference to the academic community.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Speaking of Eva, there's also the part with all the social media stuff where you can see a user with Asuka as their avatar and another one with the username bakashinji. I burst out laughing when I saw that.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You