Shin Godzilla exemplifies the hypocrisy of this fandom

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
ScottA
Monsterland Worker

Re: Shin Godzilla exemplifies the hypocrisy of this fandom

Post by ScottA »

M.U.T.O. wrote:
ScottA wrote:I think the only thing this film exemplified is exposing all of the sheeple. See above.
Then there must be a lot of sheeple to make this the most successful Toho Godzilla film in 50+ years.
Yes. There are.
That's why films suck so hard these days.
Gotta give the sheeple what they want.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

ScottA wrote:
M.U.T.O. wrote:
ScottA wrote:I think the only thing this film exemplified is exposing all of the sheeple. See above.
Then there must be a lot of sheeple to make this the most successful Toho Godzilla film in 50+ years.
Yes. There are.
I agree
your source of self destruction

Saansilt
Futurian

Post by Saansilt »

Just because someone likes something doesn't make them sheeple. (What a stupid word.)

It just means they have different opinions. I bought tickets because I wanted to see a room full of politicians deal with a giant dinosaur. I got what I expected.
Gawdziller wrote:I fully endorse this comment.
Chris55 wrote: Anyone else hear Groundskeeper Willie when they read that?
My One Shot, "That Which was Before":
http://tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=22367

GODZILLA LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN HIM BEFORE!
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=25688

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

ScottA wrote:
M.U.T.O. wrote:
Yes. There are.
Sheeple.

Seems like you just can't understand Anno's vision. I'm sorry.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Lol - sheeple. That's a word I haven't heard in a while. Not surprised it would be attached to Shin Godzilla.

Added in 1 minute 31 seconds:
Saansilt wrote:Just because someone likes something doesn't make them sheeple. (What a stupid word.)

It just means they have different opinions. I bought tickets because I wanted to see a room full of politicians deal with a giant dinosaur. I got what I expected.
+1.

I knew a rough idea of what the film was like, thanks to users in Japan at the time. I got what I paid for and then some. Great movie.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

master_of_monsters wrote:^ sheeple confirmed :P
Sheeple? What do you mean?
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

SonOfGorgo wrote:
master_of_monsters wrote:^ sheeple confirmed :P
Sheeple? What do you mean?
adding to the snowball effect
SpaceG92 wrote:
Sheeple.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited by master_of_monsters on Sun May 28, 2017 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

master_of_monsters wrote:adding to the snowball effect

...okay...?
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Hey, you two, I don't think everyone else are "sheeple". I think you two are just contrarians who don't like popular things, and ignore the fact that entertainment is subjective. Edit: The problem isn't that you dislike Shin Godzilla, it's just the general way you're composing yourself here. "People who like this movie are literally sheep! Unlike me!"
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

ToxicLove
Interpol Agent

Post by ToxicLove »

The embarrassing posts of 2 certain members are certified proof that the ol' quote "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt" is as relevant as ever.

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Post by GalacticPetey »

The fact that people are using the term "sheeple" unironically is laughable. It makes you sounds like an angsty teenager who thinks they're better than those around them because they "know better".
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

GalacticPetey wrote:The fact that people are using the term "sheeple" unironically is laughable. It makes you sounds like an angsty teenager who thinks they're better than those around them because they "know better".
trying to be a white knight can be equally laughable

Saansilt
Futurian

Post by Saansilt »

Angst confirmed.
Gawdziller wrote:I fully endorse this comment.
Chris55 wrote: Anyone else hear Groundskeeper Willie when they read that?
My One Shot, "That Which was Before":
http://tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=22367

GODZILLA LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN HIM BEFORE!
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=25688

Jomei
Futurian

Post by Jomei »

Persecution of the Sheeple
XxHeiseifanxX wrote:Can we lower age limit! There are TOO MANY HEISEI HATERS!!!
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pmWhat? Is this a joke? What gonna on here?
♡ Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin!♡
Challenge me to a Pokémon battle

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

master_of_monsters wrote: trying to be a white knight can be equally laughable
Nobody is white knighting though, why would you bring it up? :|
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

master_of_monsters wrote:
ScottA wrote:
Sheeple.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/file ... ameson.gif
Fix that quote yo, Scott didn't write that :P
Jomei wrote:Persecution of the Sheeple
+1

GoodOlGoji
Samurai

Post by GoodOlGoji »

GalacticPetey wrote:The fact that people are using the term "sheeple" unironically is laughable. It makes you sounds like an angsty teenager who thinks they're better than those around them because they "know better".
And what makes it even dumber is the fact that they're using this word over a radioactive, plasma-breathing, amphibious super dinosaur that doesn't even exist.

I hate to utilize that "true fan" shit, but when you go around dishing out childish insults at fellow fans and criticizing them for daring to like a Godzilla film you don't, how much respect do you really have for the character/franchise?

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

GoodOlGoji wrote:
And what makes it even dumber is the fact that they're using this word over a radioactive, plasma-breathing, amphibious super dinosaur that doesn't even exist.

I hate to utilize that "true fan" shit, but when you go around dishing out childish insults at fellow fans and criticizing them for daring to like a Godzilla film you don't, how much respect do you really have for the character/franchise?
I'm criticizing bias, now before someone releases the hounds I'm going to say my piece. This film is nothing more than a standard Godzilla movie (and if i'm wrong show me evidence) and its incredibly annoying when people place it on such a gilded pedestal. As for my respect for the character or franchise, I'll put it as simply if it weren't for Godzilla or any other kaiju for that matter I wouldn't be the person I am today

Jomei
Futurian

Post by Jomei »

GoodOlGoji wrote:

I'm criticizing bias, now before someone releases the hounds I'm going to say my piece. This film is nothing more than a standard Godzilla movie (and if i'm wrong show me evidence) and its incredibly annoying when people place it on such a gilded pedestal. As for my respect for the character or franchise, I'll put it as simply if it weren't for Godzilla or any other kaiju for that matter I wouldn't be the person I am today
Can't Bin the Shin.

XxHeiseifanxX wrote:Can we lower age limit! There are TOO MANY HEISEI HATERS!!!
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pmWhat? Is this a joke? What gonna on here?
♡ Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin!♡
Challenge me to a Pokémon battle

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Jomei wrote:
GoodOlGoji wrote:And what makes it even dumber is the fact that they're using this word over a radioactive, plasma-breathing, amphibious super dinosaur that doesn't even exist.

Can't Bin the Shin.

http://68.media.tumblr.com/96d208ce6cd5 ... o1_500.jpg

whoever that girl is, she's pretty cute :oops:

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

master_of_monsters wrote: I'm criticizing bias, now before someone releases the hounds I'm going to say my piece. This film is nothing more than a standard Godzilla movie (and if i'm wrong show me evidence) and its incredibly annoying when people place it on such a gilded pedestal. As for my respect for the character or franchise, I'll put it as simply if it weren't for Godzilla or any other kaiju for that matter I wouldn't be the person I am today
I'm probably going to get shit for this to, but I actually agree. Though it is a bit deeper than most Godzilla movies, I do not believe Shin is the masterpiece many make it out to be. Yes, I'm sure I'm about to receive an earful about me "not getting it", but I honestly prefer several other Godzilla movies to this one.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.