Give Shin Godzilla a Letter Grade

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.

What grade do you give Shin Godzilla?

A
61%
B
25%
C
7%
D
5%
F
3%

Total votes: 182

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Give Shin Godzilla a Letter Grade

Post by Zarm »

I tend to think that Return of Godzilla, at the very least, qualifies... (and even adds in masers, too! ;) )
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Titanoterror98 wrote:Plus it's the only movie I can think of that has intellectual debates on politics and giant monsters shooting lasers!
Eh, Gojira got a bit political with the bomb message. Return of Godzilla was very political.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

Maritonic wrote:
Titanoterror98 wrote:Plus it's the only movie I can think of that has intellectual debates on politics and giant monsters shooting lasers!
Eh, Gojira got a bit political with the bomb message. Return of Godzilla was very political.
That's a good point. Politics were pretty important in these movies, too. I just highlighted it here because I feel that Shin puts the most emphasis on politics, making up the plot, the conflict, and the characters' inner struggle, as opposed to Gojira and Return of Godzilla where love stories and/or family drama were just as big a part of the plot as the monster and the political debates.
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

A+

:thumbsup:
Last edited by Grievous on Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

A+

There's some things I could nitpick, but they don't hurt the film in the long run, so yeah. A+

RIP Evan.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:A+

There's some things I could nitpick, but they don't hurt the film in the long run, so yeah. A+
Wait...A+ was an option?

Hang on...where is that edit button?

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Grievous wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:A+

Wait...A+ was an option?

Hang on...where is that edit button?
welp, if it wasn't before, it is now.

RIP Evan.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: welp, if it wasn't before, it is now.
Soggy be making new rules...

:lol: