Monster Hunter the Movie!?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Re: Monster Hunter the Movie!?

Post by NSZ »

Full trailer

"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

GORE MA-FREAKING-GALA!!!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

It actually looks like it could be fun in a "turn your brain off" kind of way. Acting is a lot better than I was expecting.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Meh. The monsters look good, but other than that nothing about this interests me in the slightest.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Well, at least we have some good looking monsters, including Nerscylla, who i wasnt expecting to be in here...

Too bad the script and dialogue are already showing to be utter ass. "What are we, the Guardians of the Galaxy?"... But why, tho?
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

I'm not expecting this to be good in the slightest but I'm hoping it'll at least be good for a laugh with some friends. And I see Gore Magala, so I must consume product.
Last edited by Smuggers on Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Nerscylla looks like doo-doo but currently, that's my only problem with the trailer.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I still don't know how they even SLIGHLTY thought this was a good choice for a Monster Hunter movie.

Like, I can think of a more tonally appropriate off the top of my head and I'm some asshole on the internet who literally only knows this series though osmosis and 3 lets plays

RIP Evan.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Again, no real Monster Hunter fan but this just looks like it'll be okay at best and really nothing more. I can say the monsters themselves look nice but everything else?

Big yikes.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

What is Toho's involvement with this? I saw their logo in the beginning.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:What is Toho's involvement with this? I saw their logo in the beginning.
Distributors in Japan and producers according to Wikipedia and IMDB

RIP Evan.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:What is Toho's involvement with this? I saw their logo in the beginning.
Distributors in Japan and producers according to Wikipedia and IMDB
Hmmm, that's interesting. I figure that this will be massively successful in Japan so they invested a lot in it.

I have a feeling this movie, similar to the resident evil movies, will be fine. I'll watch it once, like some of the action and monsters, then forget about it.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

A couple international trailers with a lot of new footage.

Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

NGL, when I saw early images showing nothing that looked like the series, I was a bit worried.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

I'm actually surprised at some of the little touches from the games thrown in like the cooking and crafting.

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

I'm still not impressed. Nothing about this film excites me whatsoever. I get Michael Bay Transformers vibes from it.

Hopefully the Legends of the Guild special will do something for me because this ain't it.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:04 pm A couple international trailers with a lot of new footage.

[YouTube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ox6EFI5CGhw[YouTube]

[YouTube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3UaBjMXdhwo[YouTube]
Just a tip: time stamps don't work. Anyways, my excitement for this movie has gone up to like 3x what it was last week. The kaiju fanatic in me is extremely satisfied. Really, the only problem I have with this movie (now that the military aspect seems to only be about 5% of it) is the Admiral. He looks horrendous but hopefully, Perlman will make up for it.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Okay at the risk of coming off as racist or insensitive.

Grow the fuck up (not you Soggy, but the offended movie goers). Seriously it was an innocent moment. I'm starting to wonder how many wars or conflicts were started between cultures over something innocent because someone was looking for something to be offended by. All this over a stupid joke.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

This is China we're talking about here. Anything remotely anti-Chinese is gonna get cut or altered.