Shin Godzilla Home Video Release

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Re: Shin Godzilla Home Video Release

Post by Kaijunator »

UltramanGoji wrote:Hope it's a digital copy code and not an Ultraviolet one. I like having the option for iTunes with my digital releases.
The listing and box says Ultraviolet. I think Ultraviolet has an iTunes option though.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

https://www.facebook.com/funimation/vid ... 854678481/

Funimation has posted their first clip in anticipation of the bluray release - the good news is it looks as though the print will be textless, so all the location and character titles will be add-on options in the subtitles!
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

goji1986 wrote:https://www.facebook.com/funimation/vid ... 854678481/

Funimation has posted their first clip in anticipation of the bluray release - the good news is it looks as though the print will be textless, so all the location and character titles will be add-on options in the subtitles!
That's also how the promo clips for the theatrical release were, but it would be neat if it were actually textless, at the very least for fan edit purposes. As much as I like the aesthetic of the titles, it would be nice to have a textless version out there.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

The HK bluray lacks many of the onscreen titles.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

I wonder what version the digital copy will be or if it'll be coded with options. If it's only one version I hope it's the dub.

Great Hierophant
Interpol Agent

Post by Great Hierophant »

$10 price drop at Amazon, now a much more reasonable $24.99.

HerryGrail
Yojimbo

Post by HerryGrail »

goji1986 wrote:Funimation has posted their first clip in anticipation of the bluray release - the good news is it looks as though the print will be textless, so all the location and character titles will be add-on options in the subtitles!
Those subs look odd...the font is too bold and decorative, and the locations should be in all caps or italic, not in quotes. That's gonna be annoying.

Jamaal
Young Farmer

Post by Jamaal »

Meanwhile, Madman Entertainment of Australia, is releasing their production of Shin Godzilla on July 17th. It will have some nice extras, and JB Hi-Fi has box art exclusive to it:

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-sho ... la/445581/

It's Region B Blu-ray and Region 4 DVD.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Jamaal wrote:Meanwhile, Madman Entertainment of Australia, is releasing their production of Shin Godzilla on July 17th. It will have some nice extras, and JB Hi-Fi has box art exclusive to it:

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-sho ... la/445581/

It's Region B Blu-ray and Region 4 DVD.
And it's rated "M." Jesus, they're really strict.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

alberchico
Ronin

Post by alberchico »

Well just got my bluray today and enjoyed watching it again. Anyone else feel the dubbing job was underwhelming ? Granted its not as bad as Sony's Godzilla 2000 hack job but is passable when showing it to friends who are not G fans. But this film really should be heard in it original audio to be truly appreciated.

HerryGrail
Yojimbo

Post by HerryGrail »

I just got mine from Amazon...looking forward to checking it out tonight, including the dub.

Meanwhile, I stopped in Walmart to see if it was there, and sure enough—not exactly front and center, but there it was on the New Release endcap, and at $19.96 for the multi-disc version! Amazon was $24.95...I should have waited and gotten a cheaper one without the shipping scratches on the embossed sleeve :?

GodzillaRangerPrime
JXSDF Technician

Post by GodzillaRangerPrime »

I'm waiting to find it for around $16
Chris55 wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:
GalacticPetey wrote:They're not half-assing the Star Wars movies.
I very much consider TFA to be half-assed. What a generic film which only fed on nostalgia, it brought nothing new to the table.
That's not true. C3PO had a red arm.

Lord Krit
Samurai

Post by Lord Krit »

Bought my copy for 19.99 from Walmart, honestly wish I could get a steelbook for this.

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

This was excellent. Held off on seeing it fully until this point, but this to me was the most intimidating Godzilla for me. I know people make fun of it, but for me the oddness of it was kind of unnverving and added to the movie. The 2nd half was a bit boring and the conclusion was underwhelming but I liked we never had final resolution.

Will need to watch again definitely, with dub this time,
Last edited by Mr. Yellow on Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

Monster Zero
Futurian

Post by Monster Zero »

watched it twice today. Once for my first viewing and once with my grandmother. I loved it. The dub was pretty good, but Ogashira's dubbed voice was really bad, in my opinion. Definitely will watch it again once I get my stereo system set up.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

That....was a pretty darn good dub. Only problem is Rando Yaguchi's dub, it does not fit his voice at all.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Monster Zero
Futurian

Post by Monster Zero »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:That....was a pretty darn good dub. Only problem is Rando Yaguchi's dub, it does not fit his voice at all.
The guy who did his voice in the Attack on Titan movies sounded a lot better.

Jory
Monarch Researcher

Post by Jory »

I just noticed the Blu-ray has reversible cover art. Nice touch. :mrgreen:

godzilla98rules
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla98rules »

Jory wrote:I just noticed the Blu-ray has reversible cover art. Nice touch. :mrgreen:
I wish I had known this when I review it yesterday.....
godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
GeekyAustin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4 ... EJpzdZq3ag

Resized Image Resized Image

R.I.P. George Root III

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Jory wrote:I just noticed the Blu-ray has reversible cover art. Nice touch. :mrgreen:
Not really, it's more like transparent art for the inside of the case (apparently Funimation forgot to make the case transparent). The reverse side doesn't have the title on the spine and the logo is cut off on the front side.