Shin Godzilla - The General Discussion Thread

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: Shin Godzilla - The General Discussion Thread

Post by LegendZilla »

Maritonic wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
KillCrites wrote: I can't stand to watch that guy's videos for more than 30 seconds tops lol.
I boggles me why you won’tbsince He seems like a really smart guy.
So what if he's smart? Hitler was pretty smart but he was clearly a dick.
What else makes you suspicious of the Omni viewer?

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

LegendZilla wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
I boggles me why you won’tbsince He seems like a really smart guy.
So what if he's smart? Hitler was pretty smart but he was clearly a dick.
What else makes you suspicious of the Omni viewer?
I don't know who you're even talking about, nor do I care. I'm simply saying being smart doesn't mean he has other quality character traits.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Godzilla YouTubers :freak:
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

So Shin Godzilla, am I right?
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Dr. Professor wrote:So Shin Godzilla, am I right?
He does have pretty thicc thighs. He rivals Chun-Li's thighs.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
I'd hit it.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Dr. Professor wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
I'd hit it.
You're the only true G-Fan.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: He does have pretty thicc thighs. He rivals Chun-Li's thighs.
I'd hit it.
You're the only true G-Fan.
I know.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

So I just ripped some pointless posts out of this thread regarding the stuff that had no business being a conversation here in the first place.

I don't want to do it again.

I also really don't want to see "I agree" as an entire post - but hey, what can I do?

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

SpaceG92 wrote:So I just ripped some pointless posts out of this thread regarding the stuff that had no business being a conversation here in the first place.

I also really don't want to see "I agree" as an entire post - but hey, what can I do?
But isn't it also a good thing that something came up organically, it was a polarizing topic but we resolved it with respect and without acting like children in a relatively small amount of posts, and then ended the conversation with the express purpose of getting back on topic?

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
SpaceG92 wrote:So I just ripped some pointless posts out of this thread regarding the stuff that had no business being a conversation here in the first place.

But isn't it also a good thing that something came up organically, it was a polarizing topic but we resolved it with respect and without acting like children in a relatively small amount of posts, and then ended the conversation with the express purpose of getting back on topic?
Exactly. Even though SpaceG is one of the good ones one thing I noticed in my years here is the mods see in black and white. Very rigid. Like you said so what if it was a little off topic. It was a civil, mature discussion and ended fine. Why re visit it?
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

KaijuCanuck wrote:

Coming from this board, that was actually a surprise to me. +1 for everyone involved.

Though the conversation shouldn't have even carried on for as long as it did or hell, even being a conversation to begin with. It was an easy misunderstanding of a sentence that should have ended in 2/3 posts. However, as most conversations go - it kinda sprouted legs and ran.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

I'm rewatching it right now. The camera work and editing still blows me away! That's not even mentioning how great the story and themes still are.

Also, man the CGI is so good. I love how it's a bit stylized with the slight green tint the film has at times. Dynamic shots seem to help CGI better than just plopping it everywhere to oblivion.

MrGoji1999
Monarch Researcher

Post by MrGoji1999 »

I rewatched it a couple of days ago with my dad, and it still such an outstading film! Everything from the story, themes, characters, Godzilla himself, camera work, editing, visuals, CGI (specially for a Japanese film) is so good.

My dad also really liked it as well, the next day he said that he was watching the news about Japan's government and it reminded him of how the government was portrayed in Shin. Plus, to quote him, he said "You know son, if Perú had more politicians like Rando, we could be in a much better place".

Yep, that good of a film it was! 8-)
Now I have become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds- J. Robert Oppenheimer.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Camerawork. doesnt. get. enough. praise.
Yeah I've mentioned it before, but the way it cuts to every shot is incredible. If you put some of the shots in a scene side by side, or one on top of another, you can see how the character(s) gradually move to one side of the camera, for instance this is done in the third act when we see multiple people going about to get the chemical completed in time. I probably didn't explain it that well, but I hope you get what I mean.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

This is kind of interesting.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
This is kind of interesting.
Wow good for her to be that young and working on movie sets
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Can't believe Anno was indoctrinating young foreigners with his dishonest nationalism. What a sick, twisted man.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

What a cool video. She definitely had her work cut out for her. Can't imagine how bad the English parts of the movie would have sounded without her coaching. Never really thought about that as a role in the creation of a film before. But that sounds like an interesting gig for sure.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:Can't believe Anno was indoctrinating young foreigners with his dishonest nationalism. What a sick, twisted man.
absolutely disgusting. We should force Japan to change their ways regardless of what they think because us foreigners don't agree with it.
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D