Shin Godzilla - The General Discussion Thread

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
DaddlerTheDalek
Monarch Researcher

Re: Shin Godzilla - The General Discussion Thread

Post by DaddlerTheDalek »

My Shin Godzilla showing was pretty normal.
Tails wrote:You're watching a Poster!

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

My G14 showing had its fair share of applause and cheering and gasping throughout the movie similar to what previous members have stated.

There was one moment of applause out of the two showings of Shin I attended, and it happened when Shin destroyed the Prime Minister's helicopter. Though, somebody did shout "Autobots roll out!" When Crane Team 1 (RIP) started doing their thing. It was pretty funny :lol:
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Can we talk about the climax of the film? And how even though there's not another monster, or some giant mech, it feels very satisfying as a "fight"? Definitely also more entertaining and well done then some of the fights in the series, like Godzilla vs Ebirah or Kumonga. There's a great back and forth of Godzilla destroying everything, breed moments of weakness, wearing him down, rinse and repeat before Godzilla fires back multiple times only to go down again only to rise up again.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

G-Fest will screen Shin Godzilla as one of its films this year.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Can we talk about the climax of the film? And how even though there's not another monster, or some giant mech, it feels very satisfying as a "fight"? Definitely also more entertaining and well done then some of the fights in the series, like Godzilla vs Ebirah or Kumonga. There's a great back and forth of Godzilla destroying everything, breed moments of weakness, wearing him down, rinse and repeat before Godzilla fires back multiple times only to go down again only to rise up again.
It's a well orchestrated battle, it knows when to go crazy and when to calm down, and leaves a definitely satisfying conclusion.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:G-Fest will screen Shin Godzilla as one of its films this year.
Thats fantastic! It may be my last time to see Shin Godzilla on the big screen.

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Can we talk about the climax of the film? And how even though there's not another monster, or some giant mech, it feels very satisfying as a "fight"? Definitely also more entertaining and well done then some of the fights in the series, like Godzilla vs Ebirah or Kumonga. There's a great back and forth of Godzilla destroying everything, breed moments of weakness, wearing him down, rinse and repeat before Godzilla fires back multiple times only to go down again only to rise up again.
I agree. Its very satisfying and intense. I was on the edge of my seat. The Battle in Outer Space theme made it even better.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

PineappleProducer
Monsterland Worker

Post by PineappleProducer »

I felt the climax was a little anti-climatic when I first saw it, but I have come to enjoy it more with repeat viewings. My only gripe is that I wish you could actually see the coagulant going into Godzilla's mouth as it is being administered. That, and it does seem to be a stretch that the trains knocked him over so effectively.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

I don't feel the trains are a stretch, he was just exhausted from the drone attack and could hardly stand so the force brought him down.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

Fermix wrote:My G14 showing had its fair share of applause and cheering and gasping throughout the movie similar to what previous members have stated.

There was one moment of applause out of the two showings of Shin I attended, and it happened when Shin destroyed the Prime Minister's helicopter. Though, somebody did shout "Autobots roll out!" When Crane Team 1 (RIP) started doing their thing. It was pretty funny :lol:
I saw it at the Alamo Draft house and as much as I love that theater they can be WAYYYYYYY too overzealous in stopping any kind of audience noise so everyone was pretty much too concerned about getting kicked out to do anything like that.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Anyone going to be covering the Famous Monsters Convention to tackle and report the Q/A?

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

So, something interesting I noticed - you never see the Humanoids coming out of Godzilla's tail until the final three shots.

Is it a continuity mistake? Or was time paused for those three shots, and those forms aren't frozen at all?

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

They developed after he was frozen as a last ditch effort to escape
They failed.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Shin Godzilla is no longer being screened at G-Fest and is being replaced with Godzilla vs. Megaguirus, which is extremely disappointing, in my opinion.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Dr. Professor wrote:Shin Godzilla is no longer being screened at G-Fest and is being replaced with Godzilla vs. Megaguirus, which is extremely disappointing, in my opinion.
Nope, Shin is the Saturday film still.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:Shin Godzilla is no longer being screened at G-Fest and is being replaced with Godzilla vs. Megaguirus, which is extremely disappointing, in my opinion.
Nope, Shin is the Saturday film still.
Is it? I guess the Tumblr post I saw was just really old.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Per JD-

Thurs afternoon KK vs G, Dragon Wars

Thurs night G vs Megaguirus, Godzilla 2014

Friday night Kong Skull Island
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:They developed after he was frozen as a last ditch effort to escape
They failed.
"We had one job, guys, ONE JOB!"

Added in 49 seconds:
Godzilla21 wrote:Per JD-

Thurs afternoon KK vs G, Dragon Wars

Thurs night G vs Megaguirus, Godzilla 2014

Friday night Kong Skull Island
Wait I thought G-Fest was Friday-Sunday.

I'm glad GXM is being shown, since I liked it, but if it's going to replace Shin then they shouldn't show it. Most G fans like Shin a lot better than GXM. If Shin stays, I'm assuming it'll be the Japanese audio track because Funimation's dub doesn't come out until August 1st (unless they attend G-Fest and screen it there themselves).
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Ok, the post I saw was just really old. It was a screenshot of a Facebook post from the G-Fest page but their profile picture was still the 60th anniversary logo and the post said nothing about Shin Godzilla, just MxG being the replacement for whatever the original Saturday film was. I should've taken a closer look at the screenshot before assuming, sorry for the false alarm.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Kaijunator wrote: Wait I thought G-Fest was Friday-Sunday.
They always do a mini film festival on Thurs before the convention opens on Friday.
Kaijunator wrote: I'm glad GXM is being shown, since I liked it, but if it's going to replace Shin then they shouldn't show it. Most G fans like Shin a lot better than GXM. If Shin stays, I'm assuming it'll be the Japanese audio track because Funimation's dub doesn't come out until August 1st (unless they attend G-Fest and screen it there themselves).
I think GXM is one of the worst Godzilla films so I'm disappointed its being show but whatever. Shin is Saturday night so you have nothing to worry about. Nothing is replacing it.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

This is like the third year in a row they've shown Megaguirus. It's pretty annoying. I'd even take a shitty American B-movie over that film.