Shin Godzilla - The General Discussion Thread

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
TheAtomicDino
Young Farmer

Re: Shin Godzilla - The General Discussion Thread

Post by TheAtomicDino »

I think a flying-shin Godzilla would definitely be one of Anno's (I he will direct the sequel( Probably not)) weird ideas. :)

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

People constantly bitch about Shin being stiff but that was wholely the intention. I'm not saiyan you're bitching Boo but I know a lot who have.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

I need more deleted scenes lol
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

BooLugosi
JXSDF Technician

Post by BooLugosi »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:People constantly bitch about Shin being stiff but that was wholely the intention. I'm not saiyan you're bitching Boo but I know a lot who have.
Yeah, I mean, I'm fine with Shin Gojira being stiff(Hehehe...) like that. I just kinda would like to see more movement in the design because I think it would be cool to see. I don't think the stiffness of the design really detracts much from the design. It's pretty much just as mobile as most of the other designs of this character.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Yeah the Kiryu suit is the definition of stiff.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

AbudJasemAlBaldawi
Monarch Researcher

Post by AbudJasemAlBaldawi »

has anyone found out why the version of the movie that was initially leaked had 20 minutes cut? was that an actual cut of the movie?
What do you believe in, heaven or hell?
You don't believe in heaven 'cause we're livin' in hell...

Blue Three
Ronin

Post by Blue Three »

I could be wrong about this, but I think I read somewhere that that version was shown as in-flight entertainment / Japan Airlines might be the source of the leak. As to specifically why they'd cut it I don't know. Might be standard procedure.

Jomei
Futurian

Post by Jomei »

Blue Three wrote:I could be wrong about this, but I think I read somewhere that that version was shown as in-flight entertainment / Japan Airlines might be the source of the leak. As to specifically why they'd cut it I don't know. Might be standard procedure.
Not accurate. The leaked version did not contain the scene with Kayoko's file. The in-flight one did. 100% positive on this because I'd been waiting for a chance to get a screen of that, so I actually paused it and took a picture on my last flight from Japan.
XxHeiseifanxX wrote:Can we lower age limit! There are TOO MANY HEISEI HATERS!!!
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pmWhat? Is this a joke? What gonna on here?
♡ Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin!♡
Challenge me to a Pokémon battle

AbudJasemAlBaldawi
Monarch Researcher

Post by AbudJasemAlBaldawi »

Jomei wrote:
Blue Three wrote:I could be wrong about this, but I think I read somewhere that that version was shown as in-flight entertainment / Japan Airlines might be the source of the leak. As to specifically why they'd cut it I don't know. Might be standard procedure.
Not accurate. The leaked version did not contain the scene with Kayoko's file. The in-flight one did. 100% positive on this because I'd been waiting for a chance to get a screen of that, so I actually paused it and took a picture on my last flight from Japan.
Huh.. So what was it?
What do you believe in, heaven or hell?
You don't believe in heaven 'cause we're livin' in hell...

Jomei
Futurian

Post by Jomei »

AbudJasemAlBaldawi wrote:
Jomei wrote:
Huh.. So what was it?
I don't know for sure. I just know it wasn't the transpacific in-flight version because I've seen that one, the original theater edition, the leak, and the home video release. The leaked version lacked content the in-flight version definitely had.
XxHeiseifanxX wrote:Can we lower age limit! There are TOO MANY HEISEI HATERS!!!
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pmWhat? Is this a joke? What gonna on here?
♡ Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin!♡
Challenge me to a Pokémon battle

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

The leaked copy may not be an official edit, could be whoever leaked it chose to make their own edits, they're certainly not clean cuts.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: ==NO LEAKS!== General Discussion

It's been two years now since Anno and Higuchi were announced as directors.

ShinGi
Interpol Agent

Re: ==NO LEAKS!== General Discussion

Post by ShinGi »

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

I just realized something, Shin's evolution seems to exactly mimic the evolution of life on Earth sped up to a matter of hours. His initial form is hinted to be fish or tadpole-like, his second form is like an amphibian, his 3rd form looks like some primitive reptile, his 4th form is like a dinosaur (birds included), and his fifth form is humanoid (mammals).

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:I just realized something, Shin's evolution seems to exactly mimic the evolution of life on Earth sped up to a matter of hours. His initial form is hinted to be fish or tadpole-like, his second form is like an amphibian, his 3rd form looks like some primitive reptile, his 4th form is like a dinosaur (birds included), and his fifth form is humanoid (mammals).
Darwin ex Gojira, then? Portrayed through self-contained Lamarckian evolution/self-mutation?

Huh.
What do you call it when a railroad engineer moves toward a psychic?
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I wonder what the humans did with that skin sample they collected; like after they used it for what they needed.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Fifth
Ronin

Post by Fifth »

Wasn't that the key to figuring out that the coagulant would work and freeze Shin Gojira?

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Fifth wrote:Wasn't that the key to figuring out that the coagulant would work and freeze Shin Gojira?
Yes, I was referring to after they did that. Did they keep it in a freezer or something.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Fifth wrote:Wasn't that the key to figuring out that the coagulant would work and freeze Shin Gojira?
Yes, I was referring to after they did that. Did they keep it in a freezer or something.
They're probably continuing to study it. It'll probably take a while to unlock most or all of Godzilla's secrets. I don't think they destroyed it. If a giant monster popped up and nuked your city, you'd want to know a lot more about it.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Kaijunator wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
They're probably continuing to study it. It'll probably take a while to unlock most or all of Godzilla's secrets. I don't think they destroyed it. If a giant monster popped up and nuked your city, you'd want to know a lot more about it.
That seems reasonable.