Shin Godzilla - The General Discussion Thread

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
ShinSludge71
Samurai

Re: Shin Godzilla - The General Discussion Thread

Post by ShinSludge71 »

Akira Watanabe
Just for y'alls convience if you wanted to see the art. I personally love this Design they went for the "EvaGhidorah," especially how the texture looks; its almost oriental yet alien in some aspect. That golden-greyish coloration helps solidify that as well. Its an overall nice touch yet it somehow stay faithful to the original in some unusual way. When I do, I'mma attempt to get that figure in my clutches.

A bud of mine joked and said that this would be the year of Ghidorah. It appears so I think ;)
ILL GREEN wrote:There's money to be made with a Hedorah bong.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Shin Godzilla STILL going strong. Maybe Toho SHOULD reconsider and just start the cinematic universe they want to do with Shin Godzilla 2. The version is obviously super popular.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

Matt Frank did a pretty amazing drawing of Shin Ghidorah or EvaGhidorah or whatever you call it. I hope he does a EvaGhidorah vs Monsterverse Ghidorah piece like the Shin Godzilla vs Monsterverse Godzilla piece he did.
Last edited by Vandarker on Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

ShinSludge71 wrote:
Akira Watanabe
Just for y'alls convience if you wanted to see the art. I personally love this Design they went for the "EvaGhidorah," especially how the texture looks; its almost oriental yet alien in some aspect. That golden-greyish coloration helps solidify that as well. Its an overall nice touch yet it somehow stay faithful to the original in some unusual way. When I do, I'mma attempt to get that figure in my clutches.

A bud of mine joked and said that this would be the year of Ghidorah. It appears so I think ;)
Considering Planet Eater got a wide release on netflix and had good portrayal of the chracter, in addition to the monsterverse portrayal until now, I would say so. I think this whole year really made me a Ghidorah fan.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

CCMan
Ronin

Post by CCMan »

I think the more horror-inspired tone and strangeness of the Anime Ghidorah would have fit in with Shin Godzilla but it's cool that he gets his own, even if it is just a ride.

Also, can I just say: I've seen a few hypothetical Shin Ghidorah designs and I'm so glad the official one didn't go with the splitting jaw thing.
Last edited by CCMan on Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Shin remains unbinable
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

I was told by a guy in the theater after KoTM that Toho had announced they were not going to follow up on Shin Godzilla, ever, and apparently they're planning on basically redoing the showa series. I've found nothing to back this guy's claims. that being said, I haven't really been around other Godzilla fans in quite some time, and I'm a bit out-of-the-loop when it comes to rumors. anyone have any idea what he's on about?
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

ClandestineCanine9 wrote:I was told by a guy in the theater after KoTM that Toho had announced they were not going to follow up on Shin Godzilla, ever, and apparently they're planning on basically redoing the showa series. I've found nothing to back this guy's claims. that being said, I haven't really been around other Godzilla fans in quite some time, and I'm a bit out-of-the-loop when it comes to rumors. anyone have any idea what he's on about?
toho comfirmed last year that they where planning a new era of Godzilla films in a cinematic universe like Marvel. one person called it the "World of Godzilla". you could say this was similar to the Showa era (which kinda did have a cinematic universe feel to it)

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Vandarker wrote:Image

Matt Frank did a pretty amazing drawing of Shin Ghidorah or EvaGhidorah or whatever you call it. I hope he does a EvaGhidorah vs Monsterverse Ghidorah piece like the Shin Godzilla vs Monsterverse Godzilla piece he did.
Something else
https://twitter.com/100MegaGNA/status/1 ... 5097094144

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

tbeasley wrote:
Vandarker wrote:Image

Something else
https://twitter.com/100MegaGNA/status/1 ... 5097094144
THAT.

IS

SKREOONKING

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

tyrantgoji wrote:
ClandestineCanine9 wrote:I was told by a guy in the theater after KoTM that Toho had announced they were not going to follow up on Shin Godzilla, ever, and apparently they're planning on basically redoing the showa series. I've found nothing to back this guy's claims. that being said, I haven't really been around other Godzilla fans in quite some time, and I'm a bit out-of-the-loop when it comes to rumors. anyone have any idea what he's on about?
toho comfirmed last year that they where planning a new era of Godzilla films in a cinematic universe like Marvel. one person called it the "World of Godzilla". you could say this was similar to the Showa era (which kinda did have a cinematic universe feel to it)
No, they aren’t.

Toho has nothing on the table right now. The “World Of Godzilla” refers to a global marketing strategy designed to get the Godzilla brand to expand its presence around the world. Has nothing to do with any new movies.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

UltramanGoji wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:
No, they aren’t.

Toho has nothing on the table right now. The “World Of Godzilla” refers to a global marketing strategy designed to get the Godzilla brand to expand its presence around the world. Has nothing to do with any new movies.
eh, the'll probably still make new movies to promote it.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

UltramanGoji wrote:No, they aren’t.

I’m honestly amazed that this has been known for months and people are still insisting that an MCU-style Godzillaverse is on the way from Toho

Toho is going to piggyback off of the Monsterverse and Shin’s continued popularity as long as they can. They might make a couple new films (at this point I half-expect Godzilla vs Evangelion to get made at some point) but it’s not going to be the great big cinematic universe some people are putting all their hopes on
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

G2000 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:No, they aren’t.

I’m honestly amazed that this has been known for months and people are still insisting that an MCU-style Godzillaverse is on the way from

Toho is going to piggyback off of the Monsterverse and Shin’s continued popularity as long as they can. They might make a couple new films (at this point I half-expect Godzilla vs Evangelion to get made at some point) but it’s not going to be the great big cinematic universe some people are putting all their hopes on
And the idea that the MCU Godzilla thing is a good idea at all, or something Toho even desires.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

I really want to see that EvaGhidorah design used in a movie. While I'm happy just from the fact we got two new great Ghidorah designs in just one year, it's kind of a shame to see it not used outside of an exclusive theme park ride.
Last edited by Vandarker on Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

gojizillakong
Samurai

Post by gojizillakong »

UltramanGoji wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:
No, they aren’t.

source?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

gojizillakong wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:
No, they aren’t.

source?
Toho's "Vision 2020" marketing presentation that was released around April.

https://www.toho.co.jp/files/pdf/toho_v ... 412_hp.pdf

The phrase "Godzilla World" is used throughout it and is not used in any context that could be confused as something related to a film series.

If my Google-Translate Fu is accurate or close to accurate, the focus is going to be getting Godzilla as an IP widely available and recognized on a global scale and also looking to "Develop new characters following Godzilla" which probably doesn't mean stuff like "Gigan solo film?????" but more like "Get other Toho characters recognized on the same level as Godzilla".

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Let's have a Hiromi Ogashira cinematic universe then.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

daveblackeye15 wrote:Let's have a Hiromi Ogashira cinematic universe then.
Get this man an agent.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

If they do decide to bring Shin back to the forefront I'd love to see something like this

____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira