Shin Godzilla - The General Discussion Thread

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Shin Godzilla - The General Discussion Thread

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Gawdziller1954 wrote:
Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:Can't believe Anno was indoctrinating young foreigners with his dishonest nationalism. What a sick, twisted man.
absolutely disgusting. We should force Japan to change their ways regardless of what they think because us foreigners don't agree with it.
And they keep forcing their pop songs onto our badass, superior special effects kaiju movies. Why have jpop when we have hype tracks? So weird guys.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Gawdziller1954 wrote:
Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:Can't believe Anno was indoctrinating young foreigners with his dishonest nationalism. What a sick, twisted man.
absolutely disgusting. We should force Japan to change their ways regardless of what they think because us foreigners don't agree with it.
And they keep forcing their pop songs onto our badass, superior special effects kaiju movies. Why have jpop when we have hype tracks? So weird guys.
I mean, I think we can all agree that Gareth Edward's decision to make Godzilla play second fiddle to a cardboard cutout was far better, rite guys?
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Gawdziller1954 wrote:
Anime has been doing that stuff for years.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Hype tracks over JPop any day. That's why most anime AMVs consist of hype and not Jpop ;)
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Gawdziller1954 wrote: absolutely disgusting. We should force Japan to change their ways regardless of what they think because us foreigners don't agree with it.
Anime has been doing that stuff for years.
I wasn't being serious.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Yeah I know. :lol:
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

tenup
G-Force Personnel

Post by tenup »

I'm starting to suspect that Shin Godzilla will become a lost treasure in the series. As big a deal as the Monsterverse movies are becoming somehow it seems forgotten and in some cases unknown that Shin Godzilla is the successor of 2014. I initially thought we would have 2 Godzillas with Japan and US having their own. How could this concept not work? And not to mention the anti climactic ending. Being as critically acclaimed as Shin Godzilla was, it's a shame Toho will not implement Shin into the planned shared universe concept.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ I can't picture it becoming 'lost' anytime soon. Another sixty years down the road, maybe, but considering that Shin was highly successful and has more or less become the face of the franchise in Japan for the last two years, I think people that care will be well aware of it for the next few decades.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Shin Godzilla is the only critically acclaimed film in the series and instantly became iconic due to Hideaki Anno's unique vision. People are gonna talk about Shin like they do the original decades from now. Those two have pretty much solidified themselves as the only films in the series with admirable film form and content in most film buffs' eyes.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

tokumei
Yojimbo

Post by tokumei »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:Shin Godzilla is the only critically acclaimed film in the series and instantly became iconic due to Hideaki Anno's unique vision. People are gonna talk about Shin like they do the original decades from now. Those two have pretty much solidified themselves as the only films in the series with admirable film form and content in most film buffs' eyes.
You should be MR. comedian!!
“never forget tadpole :godzilla:

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Oh God he’s back
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

_JNavs_ wrote:Hype tracks over JPop any day. That's why most anime AMVs consist of hype and not Jpop ;)
People still watch those?
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Dr. Professor wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Hype tracks over JPop any day. That's why most anime AMVs consist of hype and not Jpop ;)
People still watch those?
For sure. It's actually grown immensely in the Hip Hop community, now more than ever are hip hop artists being influenced by anime.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

G2000 wrote:Oh God he’s back
It's been 20 years for us, and 20,000 for him.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
G2000 wrote:Oh God he’s back
It's been 20 years for us, and 20,000 for him.
Welcome back, oh King of the Leakers
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

How did you all feel about Anno using older sound effects and music in the film? Personally really enjoyed it and thought it added a unique touch to the film

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Godzillian wrote:How did you all feel about Anno using older sound effects and music in the film? Personally really enjoyed it and thought it added a unique touch to the film
I don't mind the older sound effects but the music sticks out in an annoying way. It don't mind using older tracks but I'd prefer them to be re-recorded.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Godzillian wrote:How did you all feel about Anno using older sound effects and music in the film? Personally really enjoyed it and thought it added a unique touch to the film
I really liked hearing the good old sound FX again. They were pretty cleverly used, I think.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

ToxicLove
Interpol Agent

Post by ToxicLove »

I got incredibly nostalgic for the months/weeks/days leading up to the Japanese premiere of Shin, and with the passage of substantial time, I'm curious: how fondly do you look back on those days? I dare say Shin has staying power after all this time, and though unlikely, I would honestly love some kind of follow-up to it.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I look back more fondly on the G14 pre-release hype than I do for Shin. I think Shin's was relatively low-key for me, just because it wasn't the "revival" of Godzilla at that point. It was awesome to see a new Toho film but it never got close to that "holy shit Godzilla's BACK" mentality I had with G14's buildup.