Shin Godzilla - The General Discussion Thread

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, the Godzilla anime trilogy and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Destoroyah of Worlds
JXSDF Technician

Re: Shin Godzilla - The General Discussion Thread

Postby Destoroyah of Worlds » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:38 pm

Stump Feet wrote:Frozen like a statue, not frozen in ice :lol:

isn't liquid nitrogen basically sealing him in ice?

He'd be terrifying if he adapted to the environment conditions he's trapped in and incorporated it in his physiology.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Stump Feet
Futurian

Postby Stump Feet » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:45 pm

Liquid nitrogen? I thought it was some sort of blood coagulant.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:48 pm

The movie isn’t clear on exactly how it works, and that’s fine because it’s more of a plot device and how it was created is more important.

But my impression is that that the compound pretty much stops Shin’s nuclear reactor internally, causing the energy flow to the rest of the body to stop. It’s akin to frostbite where cell death begins.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

Destoroyah of Worlds
JXSDF Technician

Postby Destoroyah of Worlds » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:52 pm

Stump Feet wrote:Liquid nitrogen? I thought it was some sort of blood coagulant.

I thought it was liquid nitrogen acting as a type of blood coagulant.

You can hear ice sound effects when he locks in place and see him visibly frozen.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:18 pm

Rewatched it, and I gotta say, this time around the scenes between the atomic attack and the climax weren't slow. I thought the writing got even stronger, and the characters got to shine.

More I wanna discuss later, Shin got even better for me. Especially after watching a few episodes of Eva, Anno's directing style is top notch.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby goji89 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:09 am

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Rewatched it, and I gotta say, this time around the scenes between the atomic attack and the climax weren't slow. I thought the writing got even stronger, and the characters got to shine.

More I wanna discuss later, Shin got even better for me. Especially after watching a few episodes of Eva, Anno's directing style is top notch.

You dissapoint me MechaGoji Bro seven five zero three. I feel like I don't know you anymore and we've drifted apart. I.....just cant.......*loud sobbing*.
https://kaijugalaxy.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote: Tsuburaya's sloppy puppets and bad Kong suits.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Mr_Goji_and_Watch » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:38 am

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Rewatched it, and I gotta say, this time around the scenes between the atomic attack and the climax weren't slow. I thought the writing got even stronger, and the characters got to shine.

Based and kinopilled
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Return to “Reiwa Era (2015-Present)”