Box Office Discussion

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Cookson
Futurian

Re: Box office discussion

Post by Cookson »

Well, a late development for the film, but it's being released in Korea on March 9th(same day as Kong Skull Island).

I'm not sure how wide of a release it is, but it could potentially make another 5m there or even 10m if it's well received.

If only it could get released in other markets so it could have a shot at 100m. Wish China would give it a release.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Judging by how Godzilla performed in South Korea, I don't think it's going to make much. It made a paltry $5 million, and was considered a flop in that market.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Shin-Godzilla is coming back to Japan theaters for 6 days starting tomorrow. It'll be in a little over 100 locations(a decent amount for Japan).

It'll be interesting to see how much it makes.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer