Shin Gojira Sequel Speculation

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
TheAtomicDino
Young Farmer

Re: Shin-Gojira sequel speculation

Post by TheAtomicDino »

I think that Toho will find a way to incorporate the small tail-things that appeared at the end of the movie, cause if they don't..... i think Toho's gonna have some mad fans!

BooLugosi
JXSDF Technician

Post by BooLugosi »

Bigdog wrote:
Cookson wrote:I still think it's a mistake to not continue with this Godzilla. It made too much money to just shrug it off as a one time thing.

Added in 21 hours 45 minutes 14 seconds:
New Anno article

http://www.itmedia.co.jp/news/spv/1611/28/news065.html

He says it's Tohos decision on.a sequel, but he has no interest for whatever reason.

Article confirms the film was made for only 10m.
I believe they should just let Legendary do the movies instead of confusing the public with two different sets of Godzilla films which seem like they're designed with the intention to undermine the LP versions. It'd be better to leave it as standalone instead of potentially having it get even worse as per the Heisei series. Basically, why always have a sequel to a movie anyways and dilute it further? It's not as if 2018's a decade away and aren't they getting Kong Skull Island?

And on the comment of higher budgets? Really? If they could make Godzilla not a stiff robot that just walks through, or has any of those stupid form-changes which looked pathetic in their execution, then maybe it could work?
I think the American films sequels are going to be diluted quality-wise if anything. We should be glad that Toho wants to make more films. They are capable of making way greater things than American companies which try to pander to the GA too much for the most part. Shin actually took risks. Also, Legendary's G14 didn't look perfect in execution either. Well, when we could see the CGI, anyway. Legendary seemed to like to hide their CGI in bad lighting so people couldn't see it for whatever reason...

Added in 7 minutes 31 seconds:
That all said, I would prefer Toho to do more standalone entries rather than sequels to Shin. I would just prefer them to be as abstract and different as Shin rather than going to the same old formulas as before.

godzillafan1954
EDF Instructor

Shin Godzilla 2?

Post by godzillafan1954 »

Will there be a sequel? What would the plot be? What would you like to see?

I'd like to see something like this:
https://youtu.be/3UOW1AVOQTE
eabaker wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:31 am
Jetty_Jags wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:11 am I’d consider 2001 baragon to have some pink undertones.
I hear a distant rumbling... What's that?! It's coming from under the ground!

Oh, God! It's Baragon with Pink undertones! Can't you hear its terrifying cry?!

"Baragooooooon's comin' up, so you better get this party started!"

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Shin Godzilla 2?

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Aw I thought it was announced...............wah

Even though I loved Shin Godzilla I dont think it needs a sequel. If it did happen I would love to see
Spoiler:
Godzilla command those humanoids but have them eventually evolve to think for themselves and turn against Godzilla.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Just throwing it out there, you don't need to spoiler tag :P Except in the [Tag Spoiler] Chat.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

I would like for the beginning of the film to be a recap of what happened in the first film. It could also show Japan rebuilding. Then the film could cut to whenever Godzilla is expected to break free (when is he supposed to break free). Of course we have some political stuff as well, and then after 30-40 minutes Godzilla breaks free and resumes attacking Tokyo with his army of humanoids.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

BARAGONZILLA
JXSDF Technician

Post by BARAGONZILLA »

Make it happen! Do it Toho! Hopefully it's with in the next year.
This is the beginning of the end.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

I'd love to see Anno, Higuchi, and Sagisu work on the franchise more since they easily made the best Godzilla movie in decades, but I don't really think they can make a really worthwhile follow. Maybe something about the spread of extreme right wing nationalism in Japan and the west lol. Would love to see the elitists on Facebook react to that.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Mastergodzilla
GPN Volunteer

Post by Mastergodzilla »

I am actually going to be making a fan made shin Gojira 2, where 2 of the tail zillas break off and grow into the second and third forms, and then all 3 forms fight each other. Thoughts?
:baragon: :destoroyah: :muto: :bagan: :g2k: :monsterx: :gigan: :mechagodzilla: :spacegodzilla: :g64: :godzilla: :tk:
Check out my YouTube Channel, GodzillaFan2004! Has everything Godzilla, from reviews of fan films to fan films themselves! Please subscribe!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR1qg2 ... 4JEFNvBhCw

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Hell, a Shin sequel wouldn't even have to carry the same metaphorical weight as the first installment, necessarily. There's enough ideas in Shin as a monster to serve itself.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Mechagigan wrote:Hell, a Shin sequel wouldn't even have to carry the same metaphorical weight as the first installment, necessarily. There's enough ideas in Shin as a monster to serve itself.
Agreed. Would be cool to see some of that aspect included again though.

Shin Godzilla made 75m... It's got to have a sequel.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

I would love to see the humanoid Shin Godzillas be like the Xenomorphs in ALIENS or the Legion from GAMERA 2.
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

Demiurge
Ronin

Post by Demiurge »

Personally I'm not really a fan of the idea of the humanoid "tail-zillas" co-existing with the more traditional fourth form (or something close to it). That feels too much like a "have your cake and eat it too", play-it-safe tactic. If these are supposed to be Godzilla's fifth form, then commit to that and have a sequel with them as the collective threat, maybe evolving into new even more bizarre/surprising forms.

Above all I think my preference would be for Shin Godzilla to remain a standalone film though, with the next one doing its own thing. Bring in an equally talented and visionary director (like Shinya Tsukamoto for example) and let him put his own spin on Godzilla.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Yeah Shin's ending works better as is. I'd prefer something different. You know like the Millennium era done right. Hell bring Kaneko back. I'd love to see what he'd do given the free reign Anno got.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

GodzillaBurgh wrote:I would love to see the humanoid Shin Godzillas be like the Xenomorphs in ALIENS or the Legion from GAMERA 2.
Atomic facehuggers (methinks we be toast)!
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

Demiurge
Ronin

Post by Demiurge »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Yeah Shin's ending works better as is. I'd prefer something different. You know like the Millennium era done right. Hell bring Kaneko back. I'd love to see what he'd do given the free reign Anno got.
Kaneko is also very high on my list... probably my favorite choice, actually. He's more than proven himself in this genre. The Gamera trilogy, 3 especially, I consider up there with the original '54 Godzilla in terms of quality. They're on a whole other level than most monster films (Japanese or otherwise). GMK is very good as is, one of my favorite Godzilla movies, but it falls short compared to the Gamera trilogy and I can't help but think if Kaneko was given another shot, with a longer production and complete creative freedom, he'd knock it out of the park and deliver something on par with his Gamera films again.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Kazunori Ito needs to script it like he did the Gamera trilogy. I think one of GMK's biggest shortcomings is that he didn't write it. I'd love the trio of Kaneko, Ito, and Higuchi to work on it together like they did Gamera.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

Demiurge
Ronin

Post by Demiurge »

That would be amazing.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:... the Millennium era done right.
That's precisely what's happening; while Legendary provides the big-budget, dazzling main series (as Tristar was going to), Toho can go ahead with their own more creative ventures.

the Millenium series certainly had an anthology goal, but the films stayed far too safe to ever fit the bill. Even the higher end of the era, such as G2K or GMK, never felt drastically different enough to be seen as totally different entities. Shin and (presumably) the anime do.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Yeah despite the intent the Millennium era ended up feeling far too structured, that's why I appreciate Final Wars, its one of the few films of that era (outside GMK of course) to go off and do its own thing. I appreciate what Godzilla 2000 tried to do, its got a pretty unique story structure compared to most Godzilla films in that the UFO and Orga are more of a side story to Godzilla's rampage. They only really intersect in the 3rd act. Even with that said however it still felt pretty tame overall. Though I admit the US dub adds an extra air of fun and camp that livens up the overall proceedings. I've heard the Japanese cut is actually a tad boring.