Shin Gojira Sequel Speculation

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Re: Shin-Gojira sequel speculation

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Mechagigan wrote:
Shin as a monster is very open to creativity, and we've already seen him in full individual majesty; seeing him in a more Hollywood, energy-driven plot would bring out another side of the monster.
Ummm... no? Putting Shin in an action-packed Godzilla 2014-type movie would be stupid and it wouldn't work.
What made Shin work as a design was the artistic nature of the movie. The weirdness and the sometimes anime aspect is what made this incarnation work as well as it did. Putting it in an energy driven plot would be fish outta water for Shin, it just wasn't meant for that.
Shin won't get a sequel unless Anno does it, it may spawn new movies due to the success. It just doesn't need a part 2. It got its message out, its story is finished, if mankind cant evolve and come together as one, then they're fucked...
If the newer movies are just quickly pumped out, like in the Heisei and Millennium series, it'll all fail again. Shin worked because it was thought out, a lot of feeling was put in it, cranking out sequel after sequel for the sake of sequel will dilute it all again overtime, then we end up getting Godzilla X Megaguirus type movies...

Leave shin alone, slowly work on and craft the newest incarnation, try to top Shin with something new, that's the direction Toho needs to go. Keep bringing new ideas to the table.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

MM Raids Again wrote:<snip>.
Better yet, we see that blue-eyed face- all that is left of Goro Maki- detach from Shin Godzilla's tail early in the movie. Throughout the film, we cut away to it, taking on more and more of the saurian characteristics of its former host... until at last, at the end of the film, it comes out to fight Shin Godzilla as the dreaded, kangaroo-kicking Goro-saurus. ;)

Or, in the tradition of Doctor Who's multi-Doctor specials- the only ones who can stop Shin Godzilla now are... the three Goro Makis! (Unfortunately, the Heisei one, taking on the William Hartnell roll, gets stuck in a stairwell for most of the movie.)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

B5Erik
Ronin

Post by B5Erik »

Lain Of The Wired wrote: If the newer movies are just quickly pumped out, like in the Heisei and Millennium series, it'll all fail again. Shin worked because it was thought out, a lot of feeling was put in it, cranking out sequel after sequel for the sake of sequel will dilute it all again overtime, then we end up getting Godzilla X Megaguirus type movies...
I love Godzilla VS Megaguirus...

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:
Leave shin alone, slowly work on and craft the newest incarnation, try to top Shin with something new, that's the direction Toho needs to go. Keep bringing new ideas to the table.
I'm not so confident that they'll be able to do this. Shin's premise and design works well because it's so radically different from the American version. I think they should just go the full anime route with Evangelion -- maybe with the carcass of Shin Godzilla? -- and then have a similar iteration of Godzilla appear, or form, but have his evolutionary abilities stunted somehow so the whole thing doesn't become ridiculous.

I'm already second-guessing myself righting this, I agree it would be really hard to continue Shin. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't try.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

I would have to think Toho is at least brain storming ideas.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

It sounds like Shin's coming back!
シンゴジラの次回作及び、シン・エヴァンゲリオン劇場版: || にご期待下さい。

‘Please expect the next installment of Shin Godzilla, and Shin Evangelion Gekijōban:||’
https://www.madman.com.au/news/hideaki- ... ion-films/
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Showa Gyaos wrote:It sounds like Shin's coming back!

‘Please expect the next installment of Shin Godzilla, and Shin Evangelion Gekijōban:||’
Well there was a mistranslation according to August Ragone in the comments of that article, it really says "Expect the next entry in the Godzilla series". It could mean Shin 2, the anime, or even Godzilla King of the Monsters.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

For the love of God, my fanboy wishlist consists of 2 things.

1. Make a Shin Godzilla sequel
2. Do everything possible to keep the tone/quality/production value/style consistent with Shin Godzilla

I want the massive success and fantastic redefinition of the character to be continued, but I really don't want this iteration to spiral into camp or quickly churned out entries the way it has in the past. For better or worse, I think the humor and satire of King Kong vs Godzilla lead to the eventual downward slide of the Showa era(it didn't get bad until several years later, but the downfall was invited) and introducing a concept as wacky as time travel in the Heisei era really took things a bridge too far for me. A series/trilogy that doesn't lose its "Center" would be very interesting to me.

A trilogy of films where each film is given several years to develop is what I'm most interested in.

We're getting US films and the anime film(Films?) in the next few years...so there is zero need to rush a Shin Godzilla sequel....or threequel(fingers crossed)
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

godzillafan1954
EDF Instructor

Post by godzillafan1954 »

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I see this is old news... -_-
eabaker wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:31 am
Jetty_Jags wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:11 am I’d consider 2001 baragon to have some pink undertones.
I hear a distant rumbling... What's that?! It's coming from under the ground!

Oh, God! It's Baragon with Pink undertones! Can't you hear its terrifying cry?!

"Baragooooooon's comin' up, so you better get this party started!"

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:

Well there was a mistranslation according to August Ragone in the comments of that article, it really says "Expect the next entry in the Godzilla series". It could mean Shin 2, the anime, or even Godzilla King of the Monsters.
That completely kills my excitement then. It's probably referring to "Godzilla: Monster Planet."
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.

Gib money.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Showa Gyaos wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:

That completely kills my excitement then. It's probably referring to "Godzilla: Monster Planet."
Sorry if I did, im sad too.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

It's not you. I just don't have any reason to be excited for the anime. I've seen nothing from it that excites me at all.
ScrumpBump wrote:

Gib money.

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlueGojira »

I don't, well, really want a sequel to Shin Gojira. While there was the tail humanoids at the ending, and even Yaguchi (one of, if not, the main characters/character in the movie) said that things were far from over, I feel like this film had a bit of a shut ending. Even than, what could even happen in the sequel? Godzilla is frozen for several more years, possibly longer, and the humanoids may have been frozen with him. Could they break off, form another Godzilla, and we'd have the same plot again? It just seems there is no way to make a sequel to this film. I'm more looking forward to Godzilla vs Evangelion, if there is one.
SoleMan wrote: I feel like with his passing, it finally lays the era of Godzilla to rest. No more are there guys in rubber suits, no more are there fun, silly, kid-friendly Godzillas, no more are the days when you could make out in the back row with your sweetheart and your kid brother could be in the front, eyes glued to the screen. Instead we're left with the gritty, cold world of Hollywood and apocalyptic visions of nightmare creatures.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

Hearing that the Anime film is launching a trilogy, more than ever I hope that Shin Godzilla DOES get a sequel.

Get Anno back, get Higuchi back, give them a bigger budget, cut them loose. 2019, 2020, 2021...I don't care how long it takes, how long we have to wait for things to line up and make it happen.

I want the next chapter of this story...hell, even if it does take it into a more "traditional" direction of the franchise, I'd be okay with that. If it goes even crazier and weirderd, I'm all for that too.

I just want to see what is next for the world after the events of Shin Godzilla.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

Chrispy_G wrote:
I just want to see what is next for the world after the events of Shin Godzilla.
Maybe Banno should reboot Hedorah into this universe? Include Biollante (with Godzilla cell research subplot) to go full environmental theme.

Wouldn't be a Godzilla movie, though in-universe. Wonder if Shin's success has Toho thinking of other, non-Godzilla kaiju movies?
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlueGojira »

Chrispy_G wrote:Hearing that the Anime film is launching a trilogy, more than ever I hope that Shin Godzilla DOES get a sequel.

Get Anno back, get Higuchi back, give them a bigger budget, cut them loose. 2019, 2020, 2021...I don't care how long it takes, how long we have to wait for things to line up and make it happen.

I want the next chapter of this story...hell, even if it does take it into a more "traditional" direction of the franchise, I'd be okay with that. If it goes even crazier and weirderd, I'm all for that too.

Wait, Godzilla: MONSTER PLANET is launching a trilogy?
SoleMan wrote: I feel like with his passing, it finally lays the era of Godzilla to rest. No more are there guys in rubber suits, no more are there fun, silly, kid-friendly Godzillas, no more are the days when you could make out in the back row with your sweetheart and your kid brother could be in the front, eyes glued to the screen. Instead we're left with the gritty, cold world of Hollywood and apocalyptic visions of nightmare creatures.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

BlueGojira wrote:
Chrispy_G wrote:Hearing that the Anime film is launching a trilogy, more than ever I hope that Shin Godzilla DOES get a sequel.

Yep! Its such aweosme news!

Yeah, bring on all the timelines! Shin Godzilla contuined, Monsterverse contuined, and the MP trilogy!

AbudJasemAlBaldawi
Monarch Researcher

Post by AbudJasemAlBaldawi »

Godzilla is literally frozen in the middle of Japan at the end and it's stated it's a matter of time until he wakes up. It's literally sequel bait. My main concern is they don't rush a sequel and make it as thought out as Shin Godzilla. They don't necessarily even need An no, I think a new director with an equally experimental style could make a great sequel, like Shinya Tsukamoto.
What do you believe in, heaven or hell?
You don't believe in heaven 'cause we're livin' in hell...

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlueGojira »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
BlueGojira wrote:

Yep! Its such aweosme news!

Yeah, bring on all the timelines! Shin Godzilla contuined, Monsterverse contuined, and the MP trilogy!

Oh...my...Godzilla.

I'm so hyped at this point it isn't even funny. But wait, I thought Shin Gojira wasn't getting a sequel. The closest thing to any confirmation of a sequel was a mistranslation at the Godzilla vs Evangelion concert. Speaking of which, can somebody show me any proof of the Monster Planet trilogy?

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

You know we have a entire sub forum for the anime film right?

Anyway, I was someone who thought they could get this out by 2018 if they started now. It's obvious Toho is putting their concentration on the Anime trilogy. A sequel to Shin Godzilla probably won't happen till 2021. Which is fine. Anno can concentrate on finishing the Evangelion series, then come back and CGI technology can get a bit better.(Shin Godzilla 2 hasn't been confirmed yet, but it's inevitable most think)

It'll be interesting to see how they're releasing the anime films. Every November starting this year? We'll see.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer