Shin Godzilla Merchandise

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Mechagigan
Futurian

Re: Merchandise

Post by Mechagigan »

Remember back when everyone was certain the SEGA was actually the MMS? Looking back on shin hype is pretty funny.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Sadly, I thought the SEGA was the Gashapon haha. That's why I never picked it up. Couldn't fathom spending that much money on so tiny a figure. I'm not entirely sure *why* I believed that.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Mechagigan wrote:Remember back when everyone was certain the SEGA was actually the MMS? Looking back on shin hype is pretty funny.
Remember when all we had a tiny, grainy ass image and (incorrect) size measurements lining up to an aprox. of a MMS release? Honestly, the Shin hype wasn't that bad. G14's was the "best" at grasping at straws, though that's off topic.

Excited for the NECA release and I might go ahead and get that Kamata pinched key chain from HLJ because it's the most adorable thing in the world.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Yeah, with Shin, we only ever saw finished products, with Godzilla 2014, our first looks at the design were products and one of them was pieces laying around on a desk.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

SpaceG92 wrote:
Mechagigan wrote:Remember back when everyone was certain the SEGA was actually the MMS? Looking back on shin hype is pretty funny.
Remember when all we had a tiny, grainy ass image and (incorrect) size measurements lining up to an aprox. of a MMS release? Honestly, the Shin hype wasn't that bad. G14's was the "best" at grasping at straws, though that's off topic.

Excited for the NECA release and I might go ahead and get that Kamata pinched key chain from HLJ because it's the most adorable thing in the world.

Dig all three of those pinched key chains, honestly. And I'm definitely excited for NECA's release as well.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

What's this guy? He looks fantastic. I want one!

https://twitter.com/LEG_LOCK_LOUNGE/sta ... 0648755201
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Copy Pasta'd from "Japan Future Toy Releases Thread"
FINALLY! Sakai actually nailed it.

Yuji Sakai - 30 cm Resin Shin Godzilla
Resin assembly kit
Godzilla / total height of about 30.5 cm, total length of about 47 cm
42,000 yen (45,360 yen including tax) Shipping fee

Limited 60

WF special price 44,800 yen free shipping
To those who make a reservation Present signed by Yuji Sakai!
(It will be bundled when shipping.)
Per Sakai's request on his blog, he kindly requested a link back to his blog if you used his image and/or a simple credit to where you found the image. I wish people would respect that. So - yeah, link below to the FULL blog from Sakai's blog below and be sure to check out his previous posts. He has some good stuff in there.

Sourced from Yuji Sakai's blog, G-DREAM: http://g-dream.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2 ... -153c.html

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

^Ech! The sculpt is beautiful but I can't paint for shit. Also how much is it in US dollars?
^This post in sexually offensive.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Dillyziller wrote:^Ech! The sculpt is beautiful but I can't paint for shit. Also how much is it in US dollars?
Safe beat conversion is 100 yen to USD. You're looking at over 400 for the kit alone.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

I could see X-Plus releasing this one in a year, it's in their scale and they do some Sakai pieces.

I love Sakai's independent pieces but they're so expensive and limited, I wish he was partnered with a Kaiyodo or someone who could do mass production and release.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Yeah I could see this being released as a 30cm Xplus as part of their Sakai series. Lets hope so.

Added in 14 hours 59 minutes 50 seconds:
Of course for those who don't pay attention to the toys thread, Xplus Gigantic and Forms 2 & 3 Shin Godzillas were unveiled at Wonderfest! Also seems to hint the above kit is indeed being released as a figure.

https://twitter.com/ninotendo/status/833155833521254400
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Last week I got a Thai Shin Godzilla poster. Really cool, atleast now I have something from the movie. :D
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Photos of the second Gashapon set, or how they'll look painted. Looks pretty cool.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Creature22 wrote:[img]http://www.j-cast.com/trend/assets_c/20 ... 848.jpg[mg]

Photos of the second Gashapon set, or how they'll look painted. Looks pretty cool.
Gimme. Now. I like that they included the first form.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Got my SEGA Shin from BBTS tonight, not sure if random or they only got the one version, I got the purple atomic ray version.

Thankfully I got one with pretty good paint apps. My only real nitpick would be I wish the purple were darker and more truly purple, where the paint is very white purple where it almost looks pink.

The detail work in the sculpt is very impressive though, even if not 100% accurate.

Daikaiju Dust?
GPN Volunteer

Post by Daikaiju Dust? »

GFAN198423 wrote:Got my SEGA Shin from BBTS tonight, not sure if random or they only got the one version, I got the purple atomic ray version.

Thankfully I got one with pretty good paint apps. My only real nitpick would be I wish the purple were darker and more truly purple, where the paint is very white purple where it almost looks pink.

The detail work in the sculpt is very impressive though, even if not 100% accurate.
Must be random assortment, I received my SAGA Shin yesterday from BBTS. Mine is the regular red painted version.
Pickles & Biscuits!

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

GFAN198423 wrote:Got my SEGA Shin from BBTS tonight, not sure if random or they only got the one version, I got the purple atomic ray version.
Daikaiju Dust? wrote:I received my SAGA Shin yesterday from BBTS. Mine is the regular red painted version.
Check the front of the package, is the white box near the names indicated with a check mark by any chance?

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Yes, as soon as I saw the front of the box I knew I got the purple version because of the checkbox.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

GFAN198423 wrote:Yes, as soon as I saw the front of the box I knew I got the purple version because of the checkbox.
So it was just a BBTS issue for people receiving random ones? That sucks D:

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

This was a response from BBTS when inquired about orders.
Unfortunately when this preorder was listed we did not receive any information about of the figures would arrive beyond the picture that was provided. This preorder was a mixed assortment of both figures listed on the website, both red and purple and they are shipped at random due to the limited availability of this figure(s), so we were unable to split the item into two listings and offer customers a choice. I apologize again for the confusion created by this preorder and that we did not have more information available.
For me it turned out ok because I asked weeks ago if they knew which they were getting and they didn't know so I embraced my 50/50 chances and I was fine either way, but it's a sucky deal for anyone who automatically assumed getting the purple version.